What mob would you like tu see as a moon-monster?

We already have some animals that can turn into monsters, and monster that can turn into worst looking monsters. So if you have to choose a mob to turn into a moon-monster, which one will you choose? Do you have any idea of how it looks like?

hollowww.thumb.JPG.35b431b85711c5bb3ace68c7fbef6fe8.JPG

itd be cool if deerclops and bearger had a luner mutation if you were at the lunar island when they spawned

also i just realized you can see the frikin organs of the corrupted pengull

edit: also, corrupted depth dwellers if they die in the lunar grotto

I feel like moose goose would fit in. The idea that in spring there's this mysterious egg, and after you've done enough damage to it, This horrific Moose Goose comes down, the boss itself doesn't drop much, inside the egg is the real reward, whatever it'd be...

On lunar islands:

-Mutated birds appearing instead of crows. They're passive.

-Schools of luanr fish

Durring moonstorm:

-The Koalefant-Varg mutation as a greater danger inside the storm

-Mutated rabbits along the lines of Terraria's crimson/corrupt bunnies

-Mutated moleworms, to accompany the rabbits

In lunar grotto:

-Mutated/fungal molebat

This thread just makes me sad because Klei said they weren’t going to do anymore lunar horrors because they did not fit the direction & theme of the game. :wilson_cry:

Now let me just state that as someone who owned every single mighty max toy ever created as a child, grew up watching shows like Gargoyles, Batman, TMNT, Scooby Doo, Courage the Cowardly Dog… these kinds of mutated body horror monsters fit right in for what I LOVED as a child.. I loved the “creepy” vibe to many things I loved HALLOWEEN as my favorite holiday.. Mighty Max toys were even sold as KIDS MEALS at McDonald’s at one point because of how absurdly popular they were but today: in 2021 the world has grown too weak and too sensitive to many things… and it’s almost like we “self-censor” what we think might be offensive to others, Horror mobs were controversial & they got the Axe

But as far as things I would have LIKED to see Mutated, “Everything” Glass Fish, Catcoons, Frogs, Oh and FOOD (come on Klei… lunar island has walking rat carrots, walking salad lizards… and Crops can now be grown to enormous in-human sizes)

Theres an actual LORE Reason why food should be getting lunar mutations, a chunk of the moon feel into the ocean of DST.. and the moons powers being that close has caused a ripple effect across the constant doing many things.

The moon and its effects on things in the constant have been a staple vital part of the franchise: Heads on sticks animate to life on full moons and in single player DS: Mushrooms grow into Mushtrees (please make DST turn them into mush trees too!)

As far as some of the mutated moon mobs I would like to see that hopefully aren't “too sensitive” to people: I have a few images I’ve saved just for a thread like this.

Plucked Seaweeds should be more like depth worms and have a %chance to be Seaweed or this thing, Kelpy a Seaweed monster.

7EC25B13-B8BC-4307-ACB5-251A49E5432F.thumb.jpeg.5247dc79cf7705be0dc59827882fa263.jpeg

I don’t really know where this little guy came from, but I think it would’ve been cool if Klei added the “Limpet” rocks from DS Shipwrecked and when the player plucks limpets these guys have a chance to spawn from the rock. pebble crab! <3 

67BE98FE-875C-40F1-8A7E-C3A49ADD9232.thumb.png.0a55323cb904aa9d5af56f370eef0e9f.png

This was one of the very first images I posted to these forums, those things behind Wendy (let’s just call them Magma Golems) are from the Forge Event game mode, a mode that I NEVER got to play.. I feel like these guys should be “in the fire lands” Which is a place apparently we the player has NEVER been to but according to Maxwells Quote for examining Redbirds- Totally exists somewhere..

CE6DAB42-0DB1-4E2A-81D8-6710BBC2EC1F.thumb.jpeg.b7c457429f9ecda44181e6241b05e944.jpeg

These next ones are from another Klei game, But since they’re property of Klei I figured COULD be added to DST as sort of a Cross-Over type thing, these would be Variations of Frogs, which would make sense if you look at it like Pokémon they evolve between normal frog, small mutated, large mutated, then Toadstool itself.

E42DE6B9-5619-42E7-9DE2-3625A36ED269.thumb.jpeg.82e979785abc5639cddbab9be91b1fde.jpeg

I always felt bad for plucking, killing, cooking or eating mandrake plants, and.. ever since the RWYS update I’ve wanted to see Mandrakes of a Mutated kind that intimidate me.. Luckily one already exists-

E5B149EA-50AC-49E0-9E14-7DEEF13769EA.thumb.png.57bb9faaf7a1bb718954d8902110ec75.png

Now as far as Zombiefied Horror mobs like Pengul & horror hound…. I feel like ironically those are Dead & buried in Klei’s record books. :wilson_cry::wolfgangstache:

34 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This thread just makes me sad because Klei said they weren’t going to do anymore lunar horrors because they did not fit the direction & theme of the game

well we got the horror birds which are akin to the og horror mobs

I'd love to see the cut Varg-Kola mutation... It'd be unique to have a fight that drops both normal and monster meat!
Passive mutated birds that always exist on the island would be nice, too.

Personally I'd like to see some more out of the way mobs become mutated, something like the No-eyed-deer. They're one of my favorite mobs, I'd love to see a horrific take on them should a Moonstorm wash over them.

I kinda want to bring something Klei themselves said back into the equation here..

027F7BE7-0829-4337-9C04-C4461547B1E4.thumb.jpeg.87a2acfd2598ca2629e5257e2ad47d4d.jpeg

This picture (minus the troll face) is real Klei concept art…

”creatures should become mutated by the moon glass & become hostile towards the players”

^^^^^^^^ THIS is a large part of what the problem is with DST.. a good majority of the mobs are Passive, or only attack if you get too close to them or attack them first, there are very few mobs that actively go out of their way to chase down and try to kill you.

in a game where quote “everything hates you and wants you to die.”

I would love it if Klei actually lives up to this and Peaceful mobs can become terrifying and hostile.. I would LAUGH SO HARD if someone had Chester or Glommer following them around and a Moonstorm hit turning them hostile.

Please Klei.. Make it Happen <3

The horror mobs were really cool, I didn't really follow the game during RoT, just logged on whenever an update happened to get the free skins, so idk why Klei stopped doing them, but they should totally do more, and if people get spooked by them (not sure how dst scares people outside of maybe Charlie), then just add a setting to tone down the horror creatures.

On 8/24/2021 at 3:29 PM, Lovely Roses said:

I think rockjaws would look pretty interesting if they where mutated...  

This so much. Frankly I'd love a giant mutant shark boss, but realistically speaking—having Rockjaws spawn mutated in a decent proximity to the Luanr Island would be a neat mechanic to indicate you're close.

On 8/24/2021 at 6:33 PM, Dextops said:

well we got the horror birds which are akin to the og horror mobs

If you notice, they have a "safe" design, without the established lore about having organs exposed, dead skin or glass from the moon emerging in their bodies, so they don't "offend" whatever misterious group of people klei is trying to not offend.

In any case i support as many people, infected deepthworms. Imagine the beautiful grotesque design they could have. Sad and annoying that it's all from the past now and even other "safe" lunar creatures will not be added, shame on klei.

On 8/24/2021 at 4:12 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

mutated frog rain in moon island and during moon storms

mutated seasonal bosses during moonstorms could be cool

Oh god nooooooo, not the froooogggssss

8 hours ago, Baark0 said:

The horror mobs were really cool, I didn't really follow the game during RoT, just logged on whenever an update happened to get the free skins, so idk why Klei stopped doing them, but they should totally do more, and if people get spooked by them (not sure how dst scares people outside of maybe Charlie), then just add a setting to tone down the horror creatures.

It's all a confusing mess and the real problem is not that. Think about it, it's not even new, it's a classic move from klei having blasting ideas or mechanics, making them and then leaving it in the game unfinished with all the unused code. 

I was in the forums during those times when people talked about the "new lunar creatures" and i didn't see anybody having problems with that. ON THE CONTRARY, look it now. They are so beloved and praised, many people like @Memetan are talking about to this day.

Klei just made it as an excuse at this point.

3 hours ago, Milordo said:

Klei just made it as an excuse at this point.

Uh, no. It really was a problem, there were many threads where people exclaimed their distaste for the lunar creatures.

I'd wish Klei would continue to make mutated creatures but implement a filter setting to make them look not as disgusting for those who didnt like the mutated monsters, but oh well.

Archived