Don't Starve Together: Waterlogged Available Now!

18 minutes ago, HansimUnglueck said:

Also kinda bummed the beta stuff was almost unchanged and pushed either way. Personally, I don't see a reason to push something on a beta branch if nothing major is going to change before release.

Bug fixes and balance changes mostly. For example it would not be the best first impression if this update was pushed out onto the live branch and the new biome had major performance issues and the canopy sometimes just did not appear, but with a beta people found those issues early and they got fixed long before the update went live.

18 minutes ago, HansimUnglueck said:

and the Webber skin looks very, very close to a slightly modified version of the Fighter skin from Forge.

image.png.5c7ffcd2f241b4111f22e2311ff4f5d0.pngimage.png.3cb6aee24bac24ca3f6a13b400ef4a70.png

...? I don't see it.

Edited by Sunset Skye
  • Like 6
  • Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 1

5 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Bug fixes and balance changes mostly. For example it would not be the best first impression if this update was pushed out onto the live branch and the new biome had major performance issues and the canopy sometimes just did not appear, but with a beta people found those issues early and they got fixed long before the update went live.

image.png.5c7ffcd2f241b4111f22e2311ff4f5d0.pngimage.png.3cb6aee24bac24ca3f6a13b400ef4a70.png

...? I don't see it.

well you see the similarity is they are both webber

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

...? I don't see it.

I do.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

1 hour ago, HansimUnglueck said:

and the Webber skin looks very, very close to a slightly modified version of the Fighter skin from Forge.

nah they look different , or different enough 
not as bad as the Rose vs Survivor skin 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e9839676a1565f825818e534a3487154.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Oh look, my "perfect human character" drops next month!

Screenshots_2021-08-12-20-52-38.png

really gotta call me out like that

but this could be evidence its someone whos related to wagstaff who had the big brainyness to make a portal and end up in the constant which is something i didn't think about

• Like 2

Hmm for some reason i have cosntant 30 FPS in the new Waterlogged biome.

Never have i ever had any performance issues in DST before no matter how many players or mobs on the screen, zoom level , size of world. Always 60 fps.

Now when when the Waterlogged biome is on the screen game locks to 30 FPS. And stays locked untill Waterlogged biome is no longer on my screen.

Please tell me i'm not the only one having this issue..

Turning off the canopy shadow or fiddling with other graphic settings has no effect on this issue. Happens in 64 and 32 bit. Both on newly made world and my existing worlds (mods disabled and wiped clean)

I suspect those "godrays" are the culprit but can't say for sure.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Hmm for some reason i have cosntant 30 FPS in the new Waterlogged biome.

Never have i ever had any performance issues in DST before no matter how many players or mobs on the screen, zoom level , size of world. Always 60 fps.

Now when when the Waterlogged biome is on the screen game locks to 30 FPS. And stays locked untill Waterlogged biome is no longer on my screen.

Please tell me i'm not the only one having this issue..

Turning off the canopy shadow or fiddling with other graphic settings has no effect on this issue. Happens in 64 and 32 bit.

I suspect those "godrays" are the culprit but can't say for sure.

Same happens to me, the biome looks really nice but it's also extremely laggy, I wish I could base in there but I don't think I'll be able to.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dextops said:

really gotta call me out like that

but this could be evidence its someone whos related to wagstaff who had the big brainyness to make a portal and end up in the constant which is something i didn't think about

Its Wagstaff's lady friend *wink wink*

Must be hard being a half corporeal blinking hologram.

A scientist has needs you know... 

• Shopcat 1

22 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Its Wagstaff's lady friend *wink wink*

Must be hard being a half corporeal blinking hologram.

A scientist has needs you know... 

it very clearly is aunt velma, whose first name is wanda because i say so

• Haha 2