Return of Them - The Eye of the Storm Console Delay

Hey everybody. I just wanted to drop in quickly and let you know that the next update is going to be a little late for Playstation and Xbox. 

We're currently in testing and getting ready for Cert, but we won't have the update out in time for tomorrow's release. We're hoping that we can get the update our later this week, but it will likely be the middle of next week. 

We're very sorry for this delay, we'll try to get it all tested and ready for you asap. 

Update: The Eye of the Storm Update has released on both PS4 and Xbox

24 minutes ago, JoeW said:

77dc4615a4febe912cc29b9785fb25c0.jpg

24 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Hey everybody. I just wanted to drop in quickly and let you know that the next update is going to be a little late for Playstation and Xbox. 

We're currently in testing and getting ready for Cert, but we won't have the update out in time for tomorrow's release. We're hoping that we can get the update our later this week, but it will likely be the middle of next week. 

We're very sorry for this delay, we'll try to get it all tested and ready for you asap. 

imagine who is a fan, very fan, waits for the entire beta period without being able to have new content, and when it comes to the eve of the launch day you receive it, it is very sad ... I hope you know that

14 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Actually.. I’d rather have a working product then a broken rushed one, so take your time, get it polished and ready to go we can wait.

What I Would like to know though is if the “special login bonus you won’t want to miss” will be available for us & if I can get started on unlocking the newest twitch set?

That is sad, but I understand that you are doing your best! I would like to thank the team for their efforts! You guys are awesome! 

PS: let's hope the update get ready as soon as possible! 

I am very disappointed, you had all the time in the world to do this before and at the last second you warn that it will be late for the console. I was really looking forward to starting a new world and playing in the new update tomorrow. I hope that this will not be repeated again, since in every update this happens.

34 minutes ago, Pedrohjj said:

Estou muito desapontado, você teve todo o tempo do mundo para fazer isso antes e no último segundo você avisa que será tarde para o console. Eu estava realmente ansioso para começar um novo mundo e jogar na nova atualização amanhã. Espero que isso não se repita novamente, pois a cada atualização isso acontece.

Why are you surprised? It's always like this and always will be, it's not just Klei who is to blame, clearly Sony and Microsoft don't make things easy and the PC platform should probably be different from working and more practical.

Thanks for letting us know Joe. I appreciate your teams hard work <3

For everyone who is upset, you need to understand that they have to port it to two different versions of the game. The fact that we have enjoyed the same release dates as pc so far is nothing short of a dedicated team that loves its fans.

In fact, we are spoiled! Lots of small studio games do not have pc and console parity! Everyone else (outside of AAA) console update come later! Sometimes way later!

I will take this time to play Monster Hunter Rise, I have been struggling to juggle both games recently xD.

I'm used to this since there's licensing issues with console versions. To everyone upset, please understand this is a problem with the console side, not the publisher. You need to talk to Microsoft and Sony if you're upset about this.

I'm a bit depressed and sad about the delay, but I know that Klei did its best to deliver the update with the PC version! As they have shown us from the previous updates.

In the end, no harm has done! better late than a rush broken update! I'll just tell myself that the update still in beta :).

Good luck to the PC players and have fun for today's update :love_heart:.

• Developer
13 minutes ago, Tarciso said:

Why are you surprised? It's always like this and always will be, it's not just Klei who is to blame, clearly Sony and Microsoft don't make things easy and the PC platform should probably be different from working and more practical.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm used to this since there's licensing issues with console versions. To everyone upset, please understand this is a problem with the console side, not the publisher. You need to talk to Microsoft and Sony if you're upset about this.

Console cert definitely slows us down, but in this case there was an extra delay (which is why we couldn't make the date despite planning for console cert delays). This release added new shaders and porting those wound up being a much larger task than anticipated.

So please don't blame this one on Sony and Microsoft, it's all about the latest patch needing tech work to make it compatible with console hardware, which is on us. I hope I don't need to tell you that people are working super hard to get it to you ASAP though.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

Thank you for informing us ahead of time :D . 

I'm one of the ones that said I'd rather wait for an update more than have it come out a bit too buggy, like it was the case for the last 2 updates to be fair. And with the amount of new content this has, I think it's wise to better optimize things before going live. :wickerbottomthanks:

58 minutes ago, nome said:

O certificado do console definitivamente nos atrasa, mas neste caso houve um atraso extra (é por isso que não pudemos marcar a data, apesar do planejamento para atrasos do certificado do console). Esta versão adicionou novos shaders e portá-los acabou sendo uma tarefa muito maior do que o previsto.

Então, por favor, não culpe a Sony e a Microsoft por isso, é tudo sobre o patch mais recente que precisa de trabalho técnico para torná-lo compatível com o hardware do console, que fica por nossa conta. Espero não precisar dizer que as pessoas estão trabalhando arduamente para entregá-lo o mais rápido possível.

Obrigado pela paciência de todos!

I understand, as a layman on the subject, I can only speculate what may cause a delay for the consoles. But I know that Klei does everything to streamline these processes.

12 hours ago, Pedrohjj said:

I was really looking forward to starting a new world and playing in the new update tomorrow.

You can still start and enjoy the new update. It's an endgame update so there is nothing for you to do about it when starting a new world you know. Unless you're a speedrunner on console or something.

19 hours ago, JoeW said:

Can we have a beta on console to test so we have less problems when updates come out? And to help them be ready?

Other games on console already do this

That's a bummer. Would love to be able to make the switch to the PC version already but losing all of my skins keeps me on the inferior console edition :wilson_cry:. Praying for a way to merge accounts across platforms soon!

On 5/4/2021 at 7:52 PM, HowlVoid said:

Thanks for letting us know Joe. I appreciate your teams hard work <3

For everyone who is upset, you need to understand that they have to port it to two different versions of the game. The fact that we have enjoyed the same release dates as pc so far is nothing short of a dedicated team that loves its fans.

In fact, we are spoiled! Lots of small studio games do not have pc and console parity! Everyone else (outside of AAA) console update come later! Sometimes way later!

I will take this time to play Monster Hunter Rise, I have been struggling to juggle both games recently xD.

Exactly! Take Terraria for example, they have had a MASSIVE update for the game that made millions of people come back to the game, but us console players have YET to experience it yet, and it's been 7 months now.

Archived