Return of Them - The Eye of the Storm Console Delay

There's a good chance we will get it friday. If not friday Monday will be the day for sure! I hope everyone can see that the team is working hard and once we get the update it will ours forever. 

Most of the time the way I think of it is, the faster you get it the faster you get over it. The longer you wait, the sweeter the reward will taste! (Don't quote me on this if it releases a buggy mess lmao)

So uhm just a reminder- the longer we have to wait for this update, the closer we get to not just this update but the ones coming in June as well.

Im not too overly excited for Eye of the Storm.. Yes permanent full moon will be awesome, but there’s so many hours of stuff I’ll have to do (including killing maximum crab king) to even get to enjoy that.. Webber’s Rework & the Summer Cawnival content will be easier to access & enjoy.

Dont Starve Together is on PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and also probably soon Nintendo Switch & Mobile... 

it is expected that they’ll run into delays and snags here or there at some point.

if it was sent for certification it shouldn't take long, Sony itself has already confirmed that certifications don't take that long, I don't even know what else to think ... I just don't think it's fair...

all updates that go through a beta phase usually take a long time to arrive for us, we saw this several times, turn of tides took months to appear for the consoles, maybe the fact that the latest updates are coming together has given me too much hope

22 minutes ago, Marco BR said:

all updates that go through a beta phase usually take a long time to arrive for us, we saw this several times, turn of tides took months to appear for the consoles, maybe the fact that the latest updates are coming together has given me too much hope

Yep - because they need testing and can be fixed immediately on PC. And then console gets those fixes once all the fixes are found right after the beta. 

Turn of Tides wasn't months. It was 4 weeks, and it was delivered WITH the Woody refresh.

The simple fact is console isn't setup for major updates as frequently as we have them. One major benefit for console games is increased reliability and stability - which in turn makes updates take longer since they have to go through that cert process. 

That being said PS4 just cleared cert and is going our momentarily. We're still waiting on Xbox and expect that later today or earlier tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Marco BR said:

if it was sent for certification it shouldn't take long, Sony itself has already confirmed that certifications don't take that long, I don't even know what else to think ... I just don't think it's fair...

I don't think you should count the beta as "released content" for pc, I never do. What they are doing is testing content to ensure it comes out as bug-free as possible. More than anything its more of a sneak-peak, they even get front row seats to some nasty bugs. 

There are pc players who don't even partake in the beta because they don't want their first experience ruined. Pretty sure when Fuelweaver first released in beta he had very minor loot or no loot at all, I can't remember. Anyways, I don't think I'd enjoy fighting something so hard with no reward, haha. A week of waiting is nothing.

Im still waiting for the three-brothers dlc for outward to come to console (its a survival game like DST cheek it out!) Its been a few months.

Im still waiting for the next Binding of Isaac dlc to drop, its been a few months.

God, I'm still waiting on Terraria!

Klei has gone above and beyond in my opinion when it comes to porting Don't starve together to console. 

1 minute ago, Nekomarcus said:

Im on xbox waiting imma scout for the update❤

It’s already out...

but I’m running into bugs, For some reason I can not properly feed my bell bounded Beefalo after this update, like... it won’t eat- and I don’t think that’s a new feature they snuck in.. it just won’t let me feed it even though I press the button prompt to feed

Getting an error saying there are no bolt chests for sale so I can't purchase the new skins. @JoeW                                                                                "There is no content. It might not be for sale yet, or might no longer be for sale"         

2 hours ago, Take_Off_Hoser_ said:

Getting an error saying there are no bolt chests for sale so I can't purchase the new skins. @JoeW                                                                                "There is no content. It might not be for sale yet, or might no longer be for sale"         

I had this too, go to main ps4 menu and go to the drop-down menu for DST and purchase bolt chests this way. Restart the game and they'll show up.

Archived