Return of Them - The Eye of the Storm Console Delay

I'm the same it would also be nice to add friends in game and trade items like that since Xbox and PlayStation cant trade items 

On 5/5/2021 at 10:27 PM, E1234 said:

That's a bummer. Would love to be able to make the switch to the PC version already but losing all of my skins keeps me on the inferior console edition :wilson_cry:. Praying for a way to merge accounts across platforms soon!

I'm the same it would also be nice to add friends in game and trade items like that since Xbox and PlayStation cant trade items 

1 minute ago, GelatinousCube said:

For me its halfway through Monday already but yeah I get what your saying... fingers crossed for an early "Monday" release then

I’m legit not in any rush to get this update, it’s the end of Return of Them but there’s a lot of setup and prep you got to do to even get to enjoy it- Moonstorm stuff looks cool from the trailers but the rhymes with play dev art show cases how much more cool it “could’ve been” and just thinking about that makes me sad.. 

Geysers that pop up with an eyeball watching or attack you, floating debris I would’ve loved every bit of that.. but for whatever reasons it’s scrapped concept art now.

From what I understand: this finale update is to fight a boss which rewards a mostly disappointing loot.. it wasn’t exactly my idea of large update adding tons of exciting new contents.

I suppose if I ever get to that point fighting the moon boss might be fun one or two times- but I really wish instead of scrapping the cool concepts they come up with, that sometimes Klei would stick to the ball and roll with it.

what I however am looking forward to: is that sweet login in bonus and the new Twitch set.. not a big fan of Wolly Chester.. but it at least opens up the possibility I’ll get a spooky Chester come Halloween.

The update will come whenever, and next month we have TWO Updates to look forward to- Webber’s Rework & Mid-Summers Cawnival 

On the bright side: the longer we wait for this update, the closer we get towards the other two.

Im assuming they renamed Summers Solstice event to the Cawnival thing.. which means that is the upcoming new Summer event JoeW spoke of in the 2021 roadmap.

We also known that Webber and Wes or 2 out of 3 of this years refreshes so Wolfgang, WX78, Wilson, Wickerbottom, and Maxwell one of them are still on the list- unless they throw a DS solo dlc character in like they did Wormwood & Warly.

This was the 2021 roadmap-

• Year of the Beefalo (done)
  • Three Character Refreshes (Wes, Webber, ??)
  • Three Content Updates (Eye of Storm, ??,??)
  • One new DLC character (??)
  • One new summer event Summer Solstice- (Now probably Mid-Summer Cawnival) 
  • Two QOL updates (Received 1 of 2)
  • Holiday events (Hallowed Nights,Winter Feast)

If that list is still accurate & if the upcoming summer Cawnival thing is the summer event Joe spoke of- that still leaves

1 character rework, 2 unknown content updates, 1 new DLC Character, 1 QoL update to still look forward to till the year ends.

With Return of Them ending I’m curious what the two unknown updates will be.

That's fine you all work so hard to bring us updates every month and bug fixes nearly every week so take your time there is no need to rush we wait

Also for those that complain it's better to get it delayed and get an update free of game breaking bugs late than getting an unplayably buggy update early

On 5/4/2021 at 6:19 PM, JoeW said:

Hey everybody. I just wanted to drop in quickly and let you know that the next update is going to be a little late for Playstation and Xbox. 

We're currently in testing and getting ready for Cert, but we won't have the update out in time for tomorrow's release. We're hoping that we can get the update our later this week, but it will likely be the middle of next week. 

We're very sorry for this delay, we'll try to get it all tested and ready for you asap. 

I’m waiting for that next-gen update more than future dlc :) I would love to see this game take advantage of the PS5/SeriesX. Hopefully implement the insane world-gen options that PS4/Xb1 cannot handle. 

3 hours ago, ViCiOuS-V. said:

I’m waiting for that next-gen update more than future dlc :) I would love to see this game take advantage of the PS5/SeriesX. Hopefully implement the insane world-gen options that PS4/Xb1 cannot handle. 

Yeah, well I don´t think that happen anytime soon :(

56 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If I had to give a guess I’m gonna say Thursday- at earliest Tommorow, at latest Friday.

I just hope the log in skins are still available then.

For that you can check on klei rewards. It should be listed there if you logged in around those days.

Screenshot_20210511-181038_Chrome.jpg

Archived