• webber
    • winona
    • warly
    • wortox
    • wormwood
    • wurt
    • walter
    • still deciding/none

I play a couple of characters but Wigfrid is definitely my favourite. I was naturally drawn to her since I am also fascinated by the Vikings, their mythology and the Ring Cycle. It was a perfect fit to find a character that is just as obsessed with this topic, haha. 

Her play style is also a big factor. She's great to play solo, but she can also provide armour to her allies and aid them in battle. 

Maxwell all the way, unfortunately, he's not an option

Okay but seriously, I love his character and his shadow workers save so much time for a solo player. His duelists are weak and his health is low, which granted, makes health management easier. I just find him fun, basing my entire strategy about using magic items is always fun.

I dont have and I am very uncomfortable. I dont want to play other characters because they have no abilities to fight hordes like boss minions, spider and etc. Wendy is very op I think it I would feel better if her ghost gets nerfed like summoning cooldown. Woody's weremoose is very handy for several circumstances but he cant heal during this form so unrelaible during fights. There is wormwood who can fight hordes with his bramble husk but he has no reliable healing source during fights and the ones he have (Honey drug and salve) consumes too long time to craft. So I dont have main and I am very uncomfortable with that. (Batbat is very expensive and non cost efficient item)

If only there was some way to fight hordes like magic or new weapon I would pick wilson

45 minutes ago, Resul said:

(Batbat is very expensive and non cost efficient item)

I disagree, for 40 hp Wormwood gains a net hp gain of 470 hp. They are great for healing in boss fights and paired with marble suits if you're not good at kiting (blooming cancels out the speed penalty). Dragonfly, klaus, graves, and the ruins are a good source of purple gems. Late game you can make a Varg farm, though the ruins and dragonfly Should be plenty..

Also have you tried the compost bin for non-boss battle healing? Turn 2 grass into 8 hp. I can have 3 compost bins running at the same time.

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

I disagree, for 40 hp Wormwood gains a net hp gain of 470 hp. They are great for healing in boss fights and paired with marble suits if you're not good at kiting (blooming cancels out the speed penalty). Dragonfly, klaus, graves, and the ruins are a good source of purple gems. Late game you can make a Varg farm, though the ruins and dragonfly Should be plenty..

Also have you tried the compost bin for non-boss battle healing? Turn 2 grass into 8 hp. I can have 3 compost bins running at the same time.

I tried but 8 hp costs 4 second I think 4 second is too much for 8 hp especially if its a boss fight

4 minutes ago, Resul said:

I tried but 8 hp costs 4 second I think 4 second is too much for 8 hp especially if its a boss fight

Yeah, not in boss battles. Only the bat bat can accomplish that early game. I'd try using a bat bat for healing (not main weapon) and a stack of seeds against dragonfly before completely giving up on the character.

Just now, HowlVoid said:

Yeah, not in boss battles. Only the bat bat can accomplish that. I'd try using a bat bat for healing (not main weapon) and a stack of seeds against dragonfly before completely giving up on the character.

Why do you need seeds ? for food?

3 minutes ago, Resul said:

Why do you need seeds ? for food?

The seeds help to offset the bat bat's sanity drain. Every time dragonfly retreats to summon larvae you can plant some seeds. Without them the bat bat will drive Wormwood insane.

I remember very fondly the first time my friends and I played DST, all the way back in 2016 I think. We all got it because it was on sale, and we saw that you got an extra giftable copy per purchase, so we all thought "eh, why not?". Was something to do. 

We were scrolling through the character select screen, and the second I laid eyes on WX-78, I was hooked. I loved them. In games with rosters comprised of 99% humans, I find that I'm usually drawn towards to the non-human characters, and WX being one of my favorite things ever- a robot- was even better.

Eventually, as I played more and more, I switched from WX to Webber. Webber completely won me over with his personality and design, and for a beginner player, his spider taming playstyle was very fun to play around with. Often I wouldn't even amass an army, I'd just love having one tiny spider following me around as a sidekick. For years and years, Webber remained my favorite, with nobody else even coming close.

And then Wormwood came out. Oh, Wormwood. My sweet, sweet summer child. Wormwood was everything I wanted. For a good while I had been working on my own character mod, which was a plant character who excelled at farming and all things nature related. Turns out me and modding don't go hand-in-hand, so I threw in the towel and gave up. But Wormwood being added gave me everything I could have wanted and more. I still love Webber so so much, but Wormwood has completely stolen my heart and I severely doubt Klei could add anybody else that would make me drop him.

From design to skins to his playstyle and cutesy personality, Wormwood is absolutely my baby. 

Wurt has absolutely won me over with how practical she is for long term play. Being able to ignore extreme temperature by just swapping out a fish every 3-5 days is so much nicer than dealing with a thermal stone. It's also really really nice to have followers that don't require you to follow their sleep schedule and can fight, mine, and chop equally efficiently. Plus she can more viably live off of honey than any other character with her food bonus, AND you can just not eat for more than 3 days without starving.

14 hours ago, Dextops said:

im just curious on who's the most mained character(s) from a sample size and why people choose that character if its a sentimental attachment it fits into their playstyle or they just they think they are op

if you like, there are at least two similar polls in my archive. i was about to make one of these for this year, but you did my job for me haha xD

These days i main a modded character, Maxwell, Wickerbottom or Wendy, but otherwise press random when joining pubs.

If i use any of the chars i main its because i wanna help people, and if i press random is because i genuinely do not know what to pick and just want to have fun.

Walter, I like how Sanity works in him making the shadows really dangerous and not just black punch bags, stuff that normally drain your sanity becomes a joke LITERALLY!!!

111.JPG.ac0f1a4622fed08f828a28380217baf8.JPG2222.JPG.3a2ffa23d092225cdfb729b1704b7bd7.JPG

3333.JPG.3b162a95d1ea3291674c885c3386e98a.JPG444.JPG.84b6a6ae4dc6e85e047674f11e241c63.JPG

Woby is really cute, having 9 extra slot inventory "beefalo"  is really great.

About the slingshot could be better, but it's an easy way for range attacks.

For a great deal of my life I was a chef, so I would have selected Warly back then.

Then I became a Librarian. So I main Wickerbottom. Bonus points because I wear my hair in a bun and wear glasses.

There is a running joke in my friend group that any character I play in a video game must have a bun so I truly only ever play other DST characters when they have a bun available (Warly's Trawler skin, Wigfrid's Victorian skin). It was decided that Wormwood's flower counted as a bun so I play Wormwood sometimes as well.

I have played a few characters (WX, Maxwell, Wilson, and Winona), but Winona has really become my main for sentimental reasons. She was the first character I ever played, and I enjoyed her examination quotes from the start.

Not only that, but Winona's quotes were the first things that hinted at lore for me (like her "Ch-Charlie?" quote in the darkness paired with the "Charlie will miss you" upon quitting the game; made me wonder who the heck Charlie was). 

Plus, I like being able to help out my friends with catapults and mending tapes, since we usually don't get to the point where we can make sewing kits in our worlds.

Voted Webber, 'cause it's only a one option poll, but I've got two mains. I've always mained Webber, mostly because he's adorable and best boy.  I've a lot of sentimental attachment to him, with him literally being how I discovered DS/T. His spider perks are nice from time to time too, like in the ruins and such. I really hope he gets a rework soon though, as Wendy currently outclasses him in his niche, mass spider murder. So from a purely objective standpoint, there isn't much reason to choose him unless you like to cover your world in spiders or something. I also main Wigfrid, her tankiness and personality are great. Being able to very easily murder anything right from the get-go without much consequence  is fantastic. I also hate having to farm for pigskin all the time, so the helms are real nice as well. Those two are usually what I pick. 

I love me some Woody and Wormwood, but I’ve gotta go with Wolfgang simply due to practicality. The upsides far outweigh the down, he has access to all foods/healing, and is beneficial to the team.

Whenever I play solo, however, I prefer Wurt. She doesn’t have much synergy with other non-Wurt players, but I love the vegetarian swamp play style.

I’m generally happy playing most any character now because the content I most enjoy isn’t character specific. But I like to mix it up often.

If I had to pick I think I’d say Wes because he now has some very unique and interesting mechanics and game play, and it’s satisfying to counter his downsides.

Archived