Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I am not hopeful, I am merely watching everything continue. I am neutral on my end. I will never install epic. I'll stick with Steam. I'll still stay on the Klei forums out of interest to see where it all continues.

Same here

IMO I don't believe this partnership is gonna change the game, specially the don't starve together.
But my word to the devs, this would be best best time to share a roadmap and explain what is gonna be and the system of pay content because the only information players gets is these comments and most of this comments are terrifying.

Just now, Slagger said:

this would be best best time to share a roadmap and explain what is gonna be and the system of pay content because the only information players gets is these comments and most of this comments are terrifying.

If I know Klei of all things, they are transparent. Eventually they'll speak up... Even if it takes two months.:wilson_dorky:

You guys know it cost a lot of money to make games, right? Like a lot. I'm sure the guys at Klei too a lot of time whether or not this was a responsible decision before going through with it. While I'm not fan of Tencent I appreciate Klei's transparency with something that I'm sure they know would be controversial.

Now we can toss out hypotheticals as much as we want, but how about we wait until something actually happens? While some complaints against the ethics of Tencent might be viable, it seems like a lot of people are jumping the gun and saying Don't Starve's gonna go all down hill from here. Klei has delivered miracle after miracle with their games, are we all so quick to jump ship once things don't go our way? Save the complaints for when real mistakes roll out, if we start to notice and over-monetization or a drop in quality then I say we go get the pitchforks. But jeez, have some faith. 

uummmmm has this thread calmed down yet?

i don't know 

personally in my opinion i don't  care CCP has already owned my entire life anyways and im their main target,a muslim so all in all ill still continue playing DST 

1 minute ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Now we can toss out hypotheticals as much as we want, but how about we wait until something actually happens? While some complaints against the ethics of Tencent might be viable, it seems like a lot of people are jumping the gun and saying Don't Starve's gonna go all down hill from here. Klei has delivered miracle after miracle with their games, are we all so quick to jump ship once things don't go our way? Save the complaints for when real mistakes roll out, if we start to notice and over-monetization or a drop in quality then I say we go get the pitchforks. But jeez, have some faith. 

YES SIR!!!!!

( i really like quackity)

18 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

@Toros I wish I could like your post 100 times

On the plus side: this probably means 64 bit is a lot more likely to happen now.

But all these negative posts are really starting to bum me out- so much so that since the first time since me joining this friendly light hearted & usually joyful forum community that I am actually considering if I shouldn’t just stop coming to the forums for a few months, I will still play the game- but I didn’t log into these forums every day to read post after post of comments that are going to make me feel bummed out, I came here because communing with people and discussing the games we all loved & had a passion for brought me joy when there’s not a whole lot of that in my life elsewhere outside of family. If things don’t get better and cheer up and really soon I guess the only thing I’ll be communing with are the sad little Pipspook in graveyard biomes. 

If it comes to that: I just want to take this time now to say that I’m sorry for all the posts I’ve made that may have angered or annoyed anyone- I try my best to be polite, stay on topic and contribute what I feel for this game & for the few people at Klei who have responded to my questions personally when they didn’t have to take time out of their schedule and busy days just to respond: But they did.. and I admire them for that.

Now I just see post after post after post of things that make me sad- Even Maxwell Memes which is generally a place I ALWAYS check for a good daily laugh just feels so... so.. Doom & Gloom.. :( 

This truly sucks, and I do from the bottom of my heart truly hope something positive comes from this business deal that they have made & they’ll make some exciting announcements that will take all the blue color out of me and this lil Pipspook I’m staring at with watery eyes soon.

as with all things in life: I guess I’ll just have to be patient and wait and see what happens.

I don't know much about this all but i have a question, what difference would it make if Klei joined tencent? Aren't apps like Discord also owned by Tencent? most people i know use discord, and a lot of info is stored in said accounts, how come people haven't left discord because of that then?Most social media apps have an assortment of information on its users, the difference being some of those are based on the US. How is that any different than China having info on you? what's the worst they could do to you with said information?

1 minute ago, Well-met said:

64bit is going to happen because somebody made a good post?

what are you smoking

64 bit has a higher chance of happening because its more profitable and tencent loves some good old bags of cash so they will most probably command klei to make it a reality 

also mike is smoking life(hes also high on life:lol:)

3 minutes ago, Well-met said:

64bit is going to happen because somebody made a good post?

what are you smoking

I think he means because in theory Klei has more funding with which to develop a 64-bit version.

Edit: I’m not confident Mike is right about that.

1 minute ago, JosePapp said:

I don't know much about this all but i have a question, what difference would it make if Klei joined tencent? Aren't apps like Discord also owned by Tencent? most people i know use discord, and a lot of info is stored in said accounts, how come people haven't left discord because of that then?Most social media apps have an assortment of information on its users, the difference being some of those are based on the US. How is that any different than China having info on you? what's the worst they could do to you with said information?

Auto-moderation things which are not allowing freedom of speech outside China? Deleting Wendy and her ghost-sister because in China they don't like ghosts? Maybe changing monetization of Klei games? I'm not sure too, but usually there is around a lot of data we may have no idea how could be used. So far data used by Klei is for being able to connect to server (at least I believe most of that stuff is necessary). but Tencent may be not fair and use stuff close to be or just being spyware. Spyware stuff can stole all passwords, accounts including banks accounts, paypal and in general stole informations not included in privacy policy.

But truly I don't know yet people discarding discord because of Tencent and @minespatch mentioned ealier that Tencent was working with Klei already for 4 years.

14 minutes ago, BaloneyOs said:

Since more or less all your posts here have been about covering your ears going "la la la everything's happy and fine", while repeatedly deflecting legitimate concerns by promoting ignorance, I second the notion that these forums haven't been the best place for you to be since the announcement.

Glad someone said it.... There is far more important things going on here than simply being "bummed out" by the negativity and wanting it to all stop just so you don't have to feel bad/see it.

2 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

And it looks like those 4 years gave Tencent a lot of resources in return for that "healthy and trustworthy cooperation", eh?

I'm not a fan of it. I'm worried, but not fully negative. I can't really do anything about that, because all that stuff is up to Klei - at this point even my money doesn't really matter.
No paying Klei? They may go even more Tencent.
Paying Klei? Half will go to Tencent, right?

Archived