Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

22 hours ago, BezKa said:

I read the post again and I just can't understand why. Aren't there better ways to get money than basically selling an entire company to someone?

Yeah but theyre harder to pull off then just selling off to the CCP. Granted, Canada's been getting eaten by China for the past few years any way, so it was only a matter of time.

18 minutes ago, Bluckles said:

Klei is a business being bought out by the Chinese government. Why would I be glad about this? What is this argument? Why can't I be mad about this?

that is not the case. you should read the opening post again.

by all means, throw a tantrum and get mad all you want, nobody is stopping you.

5 hours ago, Madliv said:

Let me know when you also stop using discord and reddit, cuz they got 200m euro last year from tencent too. Also, guess what, apple uses the same minorities you cry about, paying them 10 cents per hour for the phones you use.  Tencent on the last report has more money than apple plus microsoft together. 

A investment is not a MAJORITY STAKE and control in the company and its resources

21 minutes ago, Well-met said:

that is not the case. you should read the opening post again.

by all means, throw a tantrum and get mad all you want, nobody is stopping you.

How is that not the case?

6 hours ago, Madliv said:

Let me know when you also stop using discord and reddit, cuz they got 200m euro last year from tencent too. Also, guess what, apple uses the same minorities you cry about, paying them 10 cents per hour for the phones you use.  Tencent on the last report has more money than apple plus microsoft together. 

Im slowly weaning off discord into guilded, ive made my last reddit post, and have stopped supporting klei completely. 

Heres the thing man. Firstly, its very, VERY easy to drop a game company instead of a communications service. One is more essential than the other.

Secondly, making the excuse that "oh, theyre everywhere, just dont do anything" is just a showcase of laziness and apathy for this cause.

I think Tencent isnt that bad. They own a lot of games, such as League of Legends, Path of Exile, Warframe, and etc. Those games arent bad nor ruined, duh, Path of Exile is the best diablo-like game. So I say, those spyware accusations are caused by the stereotypes about chinese spying on everyone. All I say is: lets all calm down and watch.

I'm just going to hope and be glad, until anything changes seriously with the game I'll be fine. As long as no data is being sold I'll be happy. I'm giving this a chance but I do hope that Klei keeps an eye on them and don't let any funny business happen. And if anything goes wrong I hope Klei doesn't let themselves be taken advantage of by a company and know the signs they are being taken advantage of before anything more serious happens.

Just now, Pinkamena11FazP said:

I'm just going to hope and be glad, until anything changes seriously with the game I'll be fine. As long as no data is being sold I'll be happy. I'm giving this a chance but I do hope that Klei keeps an eye on them and don't let any funny business happen. And if anything goes wrong I hope Klei doesn't let themselves be taken advantage of by a company and know the signs they are being taken advantage of before anything more serious happens.

Exactly. Better to wish for the best than to worry about things that didn't happen yet.

3 minutes ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

It's already in motion man. Tencent is NOT just a company that makes bad games. They are NOT just a company that tracks, steals, and sells information. They are much worse. Look at some other replies. Find out why.

2 minutes ago, Bluckles said:

It's already in motion man. Tencent is NOT just a company that makes bad games. They are NOT just a company that tracks, steals, and sells information. They are much worse. Look at some other replies. Find out why.

They make bad games, but all of this CCP and mass genocide thing is NOT caused by Tencent. They are in a very rough and bad place. Althought I'm not supporting China's actions, I think Tencent has nothing to do than obey.

3 minutes ago, Bluckles said:

I don't need to worry about this though, I am going to keep calm and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, Bluckles said:

Right. So this game Tencent made was just in jest I suppose?

Klei is a business being bought out by the Chinese government. Why would I be glad about this? What is this argument? Why can't I be mad about this?

if you think a company under control of Chinese Gov is evil, of a company under censoring is evil, I'm telling you Tencent can be way more evil than that.

But I'm not sure what argument you mean. 

If it's "Klei is a business being bought out by the Chinese government". No, it's not. The government don't care.

If it's political opinion about China, I quit. I don't know where you from and what truth you believe in, so I won't know what could be the disagreement before bringing a disaster in this forum. The game in the video doesn't make things clear. The game looks like a sarcasm to me, and if it's not, you can't stop someone in a company being ******ed.

Oh no, I thought I were replying to me. Sry.

Let me just throw in something that might change your minds:

Hot Lava mocks communist dictatorships while being made while Tencent was already working with Klei.

Griftlands, released in the Epic store first, mocks all people while being a hilarious game.

Klei has not removed Invisible Inc from their library. The game that predicted how corporations would eventually buy out governments. Mark of the Ninja has some similar worldbuilding.

If I were you, I'd be really playing Invisible Inc and maybe taking a lesson from the game.

Just now, DreamApart said:

If it's political opinion about China, I quit. I don't know where you from and what truth you believe in, so I won't know what could be the disagreement before bringing a disaster in this forum. The game in the video doesn't make things clear. The game looks like a sarcasm to me, and if it's not, you can't stop someone in a company being ******ed.

... You are clueless about what atrocities the Chinese Government has committed. I encourage you to do some research. Tencent is paid for and supported by the current ruling party of China, the CCP.

Just now, Marfoo said:

Althought I'm not supporting China's actions, I think Tencent has nothing to do than obey.

And anyways if anything shady DID happen wouldn't kiel notice and not like it and then tell them off? Kiel listens to what we say don't they? I am going to hope that Klei knows what they are doing and keeps them away from any disasters.

1 minute ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

And anyways if anything shady DID happen wouldn't kiel notice and not like it and then tell them off? Kiel listens to what we say don't they? I am going to hope that Klei knows what they are doing and keeps them away from any disasters.

Klei can't do nothing about shady plans, because Tencent bought them. All we can hope for is Klei knows what it's doing

1 hour ago, DreamApart said:

It is nightmare because it's Tencent, not because it's China, nor because if anyone here is a China.

Not because China. It just shows how Klei appear to be suckers for that sweet shiny dough, starting with Griftlands on Epic. It was a matter of time.

Archived