Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

10 minutes ago, Notecja said:

I'm not a fan of it. I'm worried, but not fully negative. I can't really do anything about that, because all that stuff is up to Klei - at this point even my money doesn't really matter.
No paying Klei? They may go even more Tencent.
Paying Klei? Half will go to Tencent, right?

The thing is unlike the "New Home" announcement (which was already a sign to sound the bells) that was later also thread locked didn't put much out besides giving Tencent far more exposure in the DS/T community. This however is a grave marking, a guillotine blade hanging above their heads. You can take this however you like, but in the end we both know who will get the money. I personally won't stick with this CCP abomination once it reaches outside the full bargain.

1 hour ago, Toros said:

Klei has never been particularly business-savvy to begin with.  Assuming they “know what they are doing” is foolish.

This is even more apparent with this very post. If Klei really is in such a dire need of funding, then they should've waited with those news after YotB is released. They'd have made more money but right now probably a decent ammount of people will avoid buying skins.

And that 'creative autonomy' you were promised, Klei- a business version of someone putting a gun to your head and telling you to do something. Sure, you are free to refuse but then you'll be shot dead. Since Tencent now apparently owns over 50% of your stakes, you're nothing more than their employes. Wouldn't be the first time an original creator/team was laid off after a big company purchased them.

I'm just confused how did you let that happen. Did you not do any research or looked into what happens to indie studios after being bought? To me it seems like your car broke and instead of going on foot you decided to jump into a strangers car. 

Now not only playing your games but simply looking through the trailers and update videos will be a saddening activity because I'll know how your story ended. And it doesn't seem like you can just back out of this deal, does it?

It took years of hard work and dedication to create your reputation, Klei and you managed to destroy it in seconds.

Well if Klei is gonna sell itself off to the devil, at least bring us back your old IPs. Since you're clearly willing to sell your company away, what's so difficult about giving us more Invisible, Inc.? Or Shank 3? Or Mark of the Ninja 2?

Or I guess we can have that all in a Klei-IP focused gacha game with microtransactions and skins.

1 hour ago, Hezel said:

your are unfathomably stupid.

you really read my whole comment and thought i was being serious?

The CCP is so blatantly and obviously evil, that all it took was Adrian Zenz, who doesn't even speak or read Chinese, to expose china's wrongdoings and become an expert on China.

This man is a Christian dominionist who thinks God sent him on a mission to destroy china.

Just now, BaloneyOs said:

Since this is about their lack of business savvy, let's be reminded that with Hamlet they gave away many free copies, only to abandon the game presumably due to lack of resources. Perhaps they were lucky because Hamlet wasn't very high-profile, but as a paying customer for that game I will remember.

This time around they met this rich sugar daddy who pulled up in a fancy car with an offer they apparently couldn't refuse, so it seems like they gladly hitched that ride. Their old car was probably just not worth keeping.

Hamlet literally just released not too long ago for Playstation, Nintendo & Xbox.. what is so bad about it that I’m unaware of?

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hamlet literally just released not too long ago for Playstation, Nintendo & Xbox.. what is so bad about it that I’m unaware of?

The fact that it was ditched in mud with a lot of game breaking bugs that were never fixed and that's it's sole existance was "made for funsies".

1 minute ago, bruhmoment23 said:

The fact that it was ditched in mud with a lot of game breaking bugs that were never fixed and that's it's sole existance was "made for funsies".

Meh.. I think paid 6.99$ for it- I’ve spent 100$ on hamburgers at apple bees before (yes a single hamburger..) just because at that time I had the Money and could afford to do so and was trying to impress some girl.

So unfinished, bugged or not: I think i got my money’s worth out of Hamlet.

Trust me dude: I’ve seen entire triple A blockbuster releases that launch buggy and unplayable, and over Months only barely become better before being abandoned for the sequel. 

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Meh.. I think paid 6.99$ for it- I’ve spent 100$ on hamburgers at apple bees before (yes a single hamburger..) just because at that time I had the Money and could afford to do so and was trying to impress some girl.

So unfinished, bugged or not: I think i got my money’s worth out of Hamlet.

Trust me dude: I’ve seen entire triple A blockbuster releases that launch buggy and unplayable, and over Months only barely become better before being abandoned for the sequel. 

Wtf are you even talking about?

41 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Now not only playing your games but simply looking through the trailers and update videos will be a saddening activity because I'll know how your story ended. And it doesn't seem like you can just back out of this deal, does it?

It took years of hard work and dedication to create your reputation, Klei and you managed to destroy it in seconds.

It's not really the beginning of the end. I believe that it can go well.
Only time will tell.

9 hours ago, hhh2 said:

Lets try it out!

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

Hahah, this raises an excellent question: how does Don't Starve actually look like in China? I guess it must abide to all their censorship laws..? I've seen seen pictures with comparisons of the normal Dota 2 client and the Chinese dito; depicting skeletons is a huge no-no in China, so Valve has changed the icons, and even 3D models, to look different (apparently a drawing of a man getting impaled by a spear is better than a drawing of a skull over there). There are quite a few images of skeletons and skulls in Don't Starve.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:09 PM, Plague doc said:

im fine with it aslong as theres no non-cosmetic paywalls for dst

This. Whenever I see tencent get majority stakes the game ends up as a greedfest and nearly unplayable without wasting money. This is probably just going to be more of the same.

14 minutes ago, Shishoo said:

This. Whenever I see tencent get majority stakes the game ends up as a greedfest and nearly unplayable without wasting money. This is probably just going to be more of the same.

I hope what you say does not happen, if so, I would ask for a refund of my money.

18 minutes ago, Shishoo said:

i dont see lol, poe or any other game with sustancial changes after being bought by tencent

5 minutes ago, Gods fiddler said:

I hope what you say does not happen, if so, I would ask for a refund of my money.

do you want your 5$ back? xD you have already enjoy the game so i dont see any reason for klei to give back any money

Archived