I've read all of your posts in this thread and after thinking for a while I gotta agree with pretty much everything you said.
1) Crab King is objectively a bad boss fight gameplay wise though it has a lot of awesome ideas.
2) As of now ocean content is barebones and sailing feels clunky BUT i expect ocean to be more diverse in the future update arc
3) Summer Cawnival isn't even about summer and doesn't really add anything to the game. Character reworks sometimes just don't work in some aspects.
4) Malbatross though? It's definitely annoying to even summon this guy let alone fight it
5) Celestial Champion is not as interesting as its shadow counterpart - Ancient Fuelweaver. I remember when Klei made complex puzzles filled with secrets, it made lore so exciting, but with the Champion we only got 1 short video
6) A lot of new content feels optional because it was made that way, I think it's understandable but it's a double edged sword: on one hand old timers won't have problems playing the game without even trying something new however all of the new content just becomes redundant.
7) Finally we haven't got much updates that would refresh our everyday survival experience or add something new to it. Out of all updates in RoT RWYS was the only one to do that.
It's a good thing that developers are in touch with players so i hope they will address the criticism in some way
Making crows more mysterious or even menacing would be an awesome idea. As we all know these giant beaked humanoid crows just came out of nowhere and made survivors play their games for no reason. What are their goals? Where did they get all this stuff? Why are they intelligent species even though we can butcher normal crows and keep them imprisoned?
If the design of the crows and their stuff would also complement this idea of "something is off": decorations made out of dirt and twigs, minigames made out of clockwork monster parts and etc then I'd give that update a solid 5/10