Characters  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Characters

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I play as every single character in the game from time to time, some of them I find incredibly boring.... but they are boring because the only things they have going for them is a cheap gimmicky beard, or Reduced/Increased health, strength etc stats...

These character refreshes have been a breath of fresh life into what has been a game that hadn’t had any exciting fresh new content until Klei started the reworks and Return of them updates.

Let me Clarify- For people playing on PS4 or Xbox and without access to the wonderful nearly infinite world of cool stuff you can play and do through the power of PC Mods... These character reworks have added new gameplay content for those of us who can’t use our own Modded Characters, Wendy’s gameplay now involves having her own personal version of the Divining Rod.. where you’ll help Pipspook find lost stuff in exchange for potions to make Abigail stronger.

This is NEW Gameplay tied exclusively to the character choice you pick to play as.

And this is how I hope every single rework that Klei does will be treated, increased/reduced stats are boring.. we need features that make us engage with the actual World content in ways that we otherwise wouldn’t have-

Such as when playing as Willow you will actively seek out hounds teeth, Silk, Beefalo Wool and Beardling hair.. to build and repair Bernie Dolls.

Now as far as who I Main, you already know it’s Wendy... but I would like to be able to play as Wilson, Wes, or Wolfgang and not be utterly bored while doing so.

I’m sorry if this mindset offends anyone, and I hope that I do not upset Klei devs by criticizing their characters- But I just wanted to explain that These Return of Them updates and character refreshes add new game content into the game for those of us who can not and probably will not ever have access to all those awesome looking mods.

I can promise you that there would be quite a bit of PS4/Xbox One players that would gladly pay for something such as “Play as Critters Mod” to become official gameplay content.. and then I can Wonder around in the Constant as a Catcoon doing Catcoon stuff.. What does a Catcoon do? I don’t know but I bet it would feel Ike new gameplay content for those of us who don’t have access to mods.

I am sorry for making this post a long textbook for you guys to read- I just hope that you can understand where I’m coming from when I say that character reworks need to continue to bring us exciting new content/ways of interacting with the constant.

Thank You, #WendyMain.

Hmm ... Thank you! I also find it difficult to choose one main character too. I love all the characters.^^ But... #WendyOneLove

2 hours ago, Brubs said:

Since i can't vote for two options i will just post this:

wurtwillow.png.c28f852e2402c32397506fafc9a67a07.png

Now you can make multiple choices!

@__IvoCZE__ Really? XD

Screenshot_2020-08-28 Your Main Character.png

I'm still playing through the DST versions of characters to see who I like best, since it hasn't been long since I switched from DS to DST. Even though I've played the DS versions of most characters I haven't played the newer DST versions, such as Willow or Wendy.

Having said that DST characters I haven't played yet are Willow, Wendy, Wes, Wigfrid, Wormwood, Wortox, and Walter.

My favorites in DST are Woodie and Willow but recently I've chosen to play the most recent reworked character or I make throwaway worlds practicing rush strats. 

For public servers though, its almost always Wortox or Wendy. You cant rely on people especially on the PS4 version, the amount of children with no experience just shouting is hilarious. Public servers are a nice change of pace but I don't do them often. If I like the people there, I'll rush a boss or the ruins and leave them the OP gear and then head off. Dragonfly is probably the most important boss to rush if you want to help newer players. The infinite light source/heating is very valuable for Winter. If I join a world and its filled with base squatters (WHERE BASE?) or rude kids, I'll just chill in the caves because they NEVER go into the caves.

If I want to make a megabase world on a private server with a friend or two, I'll almost always pick Woodie. I find it very valuable to be able to rush the lunar island for stone fruit and easily chop down trees with Lucy. They did a really great job on the Woodie rework, I'd love for it to come to singleplayer because man is he bad to play in DSA.

I made a chart excluding the last 3 options to show the difference better for myself. Line down the middle is 5.88% or 1/17 or average.

Surprised to see WX-78 and Wigfrid below average :O
Also Maxwell and Winona so high.

582871557_Mainpercent.thumb.png.f762ffc4a5adeb3e4ad35bc389526285.png

I main willow, woodie, wendy and wortox. :)

10 hours ago, HobbyLev said:

Now you can make multiple choices!

Unfortunately as an experienced pollmaker, the problem with this is that the people who have voted can't vote again :/

However, that doesn't mean that your data is invalid, so rest assured :)

23 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think the poll defeated its purpose by adding "i play all characters" cuz then there is no "main" 

This sentiment i can agree with.

Kinda strange that such a small part of people is playing as Wolfgang, cuz he and woodie are the only characters I play.

Wolf - because his double damage is balanced enough against mobs with doubled health, and woodie - because he is the only character who can travel on water without this wooden pancakes

I like to chop trees like Woodie, fight like Wolfgang, be tanky like Wigfrid, glow like WX, not bein able to heal with food properly like Wormwood and also look awesome with clothing all this without changing  character - thats why Warly is the only answer :D

Wilson or the Charlie mod when I'm by myself (although I did make a few edits to the mod for personal use). Wortox when I play with friends, because they're all noobs that die a lot and I can chuck heals and food at them more easily that way. And also make jokes about eating souls.

I'm quite surprised that Woodie is a popular guy around the forums, according to the poll. If I play "seriously" I always go Woodie.

Recently I became server orphan, so I've been jumping casually on public klei servers, mostly goofing around with the rest of the cast.

so in the weeks ahead, If you find my name on bones of different characters at klei pubs, and they were clearly doing rushes of dubious usefulness, or just random dumb stuff, it was most likely me.

Archived