Characters  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Characters

My mains just changes. I loved playing Wendy (three worlds with her +800 days) but then I started changing characters and now I would say is Woodie... I have serious problem to decide. Warly would be also one of my fav characters, but not for early game. >.<"

Willow when im playing in public servers and join late (winter). Wormwood/Wickerbottom when i play solo <3. for the longest time the only character i played was Wickerbottom but ive grown to like Willow so much. Shes such a tough character and so good at survival especially when u dont have the luxury of playing on ur own server from day 1 with bountiful flint etc around the portal 

I main Webber, however since he is boring to play (Im still not forgiving Klei for slapping us across the face and reworking Wig instead) I guess another main is SCP-049, my mod character.
2002240657_049dsticonemote.png.7d861b9f8c777c86ed5476cab89f3e5f.png 
(Although Uncomp may be getting a Mascot character in a future update, soooooo...)

I play as every single character in the game from time to time, some of them I find incredibly boring.... but they are boring because the only things they have going for them is a cheap gimmicky beard, or Reduced/Increased health, strength etc stats...

These character refreshes have been a breath of fresh life into what has been a game that hadn’t had any exciting fresh new content until Klei started the reworks and Return of them updates.

Let me Clarify- For people playing on PS4 or Xbox and without access to the wonderful nearly infinite world of cool stuff you can play and do through the power of PC Mods... These character reworks have added new gameplay content for those of us who can’t use our own Modded Characters, Wendy’s gameplay now involves having her own personal version of the Divining Rod.. where you’ll help Pipspook find lost stuff in exchange for potions to make Abigail stronger.

This is NEW Gameplay tied exclusively to the character choice you pick to play as.

And this is how I hope every single rework that Klei does will be treated, increased/reduced stats are boring.. we need features that make us engage with the actual World content in ways that we otherwise wouldn’t have-

Such as when playing as Willow you will actively seek out hounds teeth, Silk, Beefalo Wool and Beardling hair.. to build and repair Bernie Dolls.

Now as far as who I Main, you already know it’s Wendy... but I would like to be able to play as Wilson, Wes, or Wolfgang and not be utterly bored while doing so.

I’m sorry if this mindset offends anyone, and I hope that I do not upset Klei devs by criticizing their characters- But I just wanted to explain that These Return of Them updates and character refreshes add new game content into the game for those of us who can not and probably will not ever have access to all those awesome looking mods.

I can promise you that there would be quite a bit of PS4/Xbox One players that would gladly pay for something such as “Play as Critters Mod” to become official gameplay content.. and then I can Wonder around in the Constant as a Catcoon doing Catcoon stuff.. What does a Catcoon do? I don’t know but I bet it would feel Ike new gameplay content for those of us who don’t have access to mods.

I am sorry for making this post a long textbook for you guys to read- I just hope that you can understand where I’m coming from when I say that character reworks need to continue to bring us exciting new content/ways of interacting with the constant.

Thank You, #WendyMain.

Archived