hoppin mandrake

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Recommended Posts

CodexCorporis    689
1 hour ago, Falkenpelz said:

Totally unrelated: Do you ever get annoyed at Wendy? Like, I know, your sister died at young age and thats terrible, but... Wes can't summon his dead family as ghosts to help him in combat, Willow got bullied by the leaders of her orphanage as a little kid, Warly is probably living with the thought that his mother might have died because he couldn't be there for her and your best friend got chased into the woods by his parents, can you not make everything about yourself for like one minute, Wendy??

'this 10 year old makes me mad because she's mourning her dead twin'

  • Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Falkenpelz    1739

Hey, guys, please don't take this to serious, if Wendy was a real person I would of course not make this comment, I'm not trying to downplay loss or mourning. I actually didn't think too much about it when commenting, if that comment genuinely upsets people, I might delete it. Again, sorry if it came across as downplaying other people's problems in general.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
W0l0l0    849
13 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Totally unrelated: Do you ever get annoyed at Wendy? Like, I know, your sister died at young age and thats terrible, but... Wes can't summon his dead family as ghosts to help him in combat, Willow got bullied by the leaders of her orphanage as a little kid, Warly is probably living with the thought that his mother might have died because he couldn't be there for her and your best friend got chased into the woods by his parents, can you not make everything about yourself for like one minute, Wendy??

The main reason I don't play her. If she wasn't so constantly mopey I might have even played her as a main.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SinancoTheBest    4299
23 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Totally unrelated: Do you ever get annoyed at Wendy? Like, I know, your sister died at young age and thats terrible, but... Wes can't summon his dead family as ghosts to help him in combat, Willow got bullied by the leaders of her orphanage as a little kid, Warly is probably living with the thought that his mother might have died because he couldn't be there for her and your best friend got chased into the woods by his parents, can you not make everything about yourself for like one minute, Wendy??

I love the depressed, macabre flavor he adds to the game, I find her quotes some of the most unique ones, especially since some of the more recent characters (Like Wormwood and Wurt) tend to have rather uninteresting, basic quotes.

As for do I find her annoying? Yes, but for a complete different, perhaps meta reason. She's everywhere, at every server, mostly with two or three different 'wendies', 1/3rd of the time a griefer, usually not very experienced but also not very eager to learn/try out new stuff, always making that single decrescendo flute note (Despite sounding almost the same, I find Willow's flute voice much more delightful). 

At least these few days the impossible happened and Webber overtook her place as the one that stands above all. For now it feels fresh and novel really thanks to the rework giving him all sorts of new appearances and tools to change the general atmosphere. For some reason seeing Two, three, maybe even ten Webbers does not bother me as much as multiple Wendies.

2020-06-27.thumb.png.832574aaf5857f5b3fde7beb0bc2bb9c.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wendy C.    579
8 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

always making that single decrescendo flute note (Despite sounding almost the same, I find Willow's flute voice much more delightful). 

Wendy's voice is an alto flute, as opposed to a standard flute that voices Willow. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BezKa    2739

Can some nice file digging person find me a quote of Webber that has "....saddle in time" or something and tell me where is it from? I just saw him say it but didn't catch it all and couldn't reproduce it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyistheGround    1629
1 hour ago, BezKa said:

Can some nice file digging person find me a quote of Webber that has "....saddle in time" or something and tell me where is it from? I just saw him say it but didn't catch it all and couldn't reproduce it.

i've seen this quote before. it's one of the quotes where the beef is doing something else and webber says "We didn't climb into the saddle on time!"
i have no screenshots but i often get that quote when i try to use action replay commands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BezKa    2739
5 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

i've seen this quote before. it's one of the quotes where the beef is doing something else and webber says "We didn't climb into the saddle on time!"
i have no screenshots but i often get that quote when i try to use action replay commands

Oh, nice. I got that by accident then, cause he said it right when mounting the Beefalo. Thanks for help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wardin25    2507

how do speed boosts add up? are they multiplicative or additive? and if theres more than 2, in which order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyistheGround    1629
17 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

how do speed boosts add up? are they multiplicative or additive? and if theres more than 2, in which order

iirc most of the time it's multiplicative, but for some items its additive

most items/characters get speed boosts by a percent or decimal (ex. walking cane's +25% or 1.25 movement bonus)

all characters start off with the base movement number of 6. you then multiply or add for your final number. then you can divide said final number by 6 to get your final movement speed %. you can also just multiply the bonuses together for a shortcut, but if you want to see the movement speed number, you have to multiply by 6 (though do correct me if my math is wrong!)

as for additive items, some only list a number for their speed modifier. for example, coffee simply increases your movement speed by +5, but you can just divide that number by 6 to get the percentage. (5/6 is ~0.833 repeating, or 83%)

example:

Spoiler

6 x overcharged WX (1.5x) x cobble road (1.3x) x walking cane (1.25x) = ~14.62
dividing by 6 (14.62/6)
= ~2.44x (244%) faster then average

and another one, just for the shortcut!

blooming wormwood (1.2x) x antlion sinkhole (0.7x) x sandstorm (0.6x) = 0.504

= ~0.50x (50%) slower then average

i hope this helps!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
archidus    12

Is there a limit to the amount of followers bound to you when you save/load the game?

I noticed my spider count wasn't going up as steadily as I expected, so I just tried leaving/resuming my private server and... well:

Before I exited (I counted 50 spiders here):

1703501924_2021-07-0414_16_28-Window.thumb.png.b77d0ca1bfde1ef86ca74558a38d05c6.png

After I resumed the game(I only see 31):

471257844_2021-07-0414_18_39-DontStarveTogether.thumb.png.fa0c830404599f1d72ada28d73982a1a.png

I think 4 warriors and 15 regular spiders just despawned.

 

And yes, I don't expect the game to let me walk around with 100+ followers, I can see how absurd that would be, I'm only asking because I'd like to know what exactly happened here, as 31 is kind of a weird number to be the maximum, and also it's strange that it was mostly generic spiders that despawned but also a few warriors did too. Not sure if there's a hierarchy/priority system, and I would love to know...

Also before anyone gets mad about this situation, this is a private solo server, so no worries about causing lag to other players.

Edited by archidus
typos
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BezKa    2739
2 minutes ago, archidus said:

Is there a limit to the amount of followers bound to you when you save/load the game?

I noticed my spider count wasn't going up as steadily as I expected, so I just tried leaving/resuming my private server and... well:

Before I exited (I counted 50 spiders here):

1703501924_2021-07-0414_16_28-Window.thumb.png.b77d0ca1bfde1ef86ca74558a38d05c6.png

After I resumed the game(I only see 31):

471257844_2021-07-0414_18_39-DontStarveTogether.thumb.png.fa0c830404599f1d72ada28d73982a1a.png

I think 4 warriors and 15 regular spiders just despawned.

 

And yes, I don't expect the game to let me walk around with 100+ followers, I can see how absurd that would be, I'm only asking because I'd like to know what exactly happened here, as 31 is kind of a weird number to be the maximum, and also it's strange that it was mostly generic spiders that despawned but also a few warriors did too. Not sure if there's a hierarchy/priority system, and I would love to know...

Also before anyone gets mad about this situation, this is a private solo server, so no worries about causing lag to other players.

Afaik it's about proximity. Try forcing yourself and your spiders on a boat and try then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
archidus    12
1 minute ago, BezKa said:

Afaik it's about proximity. Try forcing yourself and your spiders on a boat and try then?

I thought it was about proximity too, but you can see in the pic most of the spiders that despawned were the ones closest to me... 

It might be related to the order in which the followers were recruited, as I'm pretty sure the nurses were the first ones I gathered. The regular spiders and warriors that are gone might be the ones I just recruited, but still, that's not a definite answer :c

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Falkenpelz    1739

Am I right assuming that, beside one or two posters, there isn't really any DST art merch? I would frickin love to purchase a physical collection of DST vignettes, anyone with mutual feelings?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    7639
Just now, Falkenpelz said:

Am I right assuming that, beside one or two posters, there isn't really any DST art merch? I would frickin love to purchase a physical collection of DST vignettes, anyone with mutual feelings?

PLEASE! This! I want large posters, more figures, ect! 
Oh the things I'd do for a genuine Voxola Radio replica. 

  • Like 1
  • Health 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hornete    10295
14 minutes ago, archidus said:

And yes, I don't expect the game to let me walk around with 100+ followers, I can see how absurd that would be, I'm only asking because I'd like to know what exactly happened here, as 31 is kind of a weird number to be the maximum, and also it's strange that it was mostly generic spiders that despawned but also a few warriors did too. Not sure if there's a hierarchy/priority system, and I would love to know...

Also before anyone gets mad about this situation, this is a private solo server, so no worries about causing lag to other players.

Oh my goodness, I thought I was going insane, I had the same thing happen to me. I had a group of spiders with all types(regular, warriors, danglers, spitters, hiders, nurses and shattered ones) and I noticed my shattered spiders were suddenly gone when playing. Maybe they had died and I didnt notice? My friends trolled me into thinking shattered spiders turned into regular spiders off the lunar islands, :cold: and I thought I just went insane and didnt realise they died. But now that another person seems to have experienced it I guess it is a bug! We did rollback in that public server because hee hoo the base caught on fire and I noticed after the rollback my shattered spiders disappeared.

Well, good to know im not the only one with the issue :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheggf    4021
On 7/1/2021 at 1:00 PM, SkyistheGround said:

~2.44x (244%) faster then average

244% movement speed is 144% faster than average.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
archidus    12
4 minutes ago, Friendly Grass said:

Spiders keep their friendship as long as they’re within 20 units of you when you disconnect (5 tiles). Them despawning is completely separate.

Alright then, perhaps I made the wrong question - why did 19 spiders, that were right beside me, just despawn when I reconnected? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Friendly Grass    553
1 hour ago, archidus said:

Alright then, perhaps I made the wrong question - why did 19 spiders, that were right beside me, just despawn when I reconnected? 

oh no I was replying about the proximity thing which is intended while this is a bug about spiders that are still attached to their dens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
noeticmoose    385
On 6/25/2021 at 10:36 PM, Falkenpelz said:

Totally unrelated: Do you ever get annoyed at Wendy? Like, I know, your sister died at young age and thats terrible, but... Wes can't summon his dead family as ghosts to help him in combat, Willow got bullied by the leaders of her orphanage as a little kid, Warly is probably living with the thought that his mother might have died because he couldn't be there for her and your best friend got chased into the woods by his parents, can you not make everything about yourself for like one minute, Wendy??

Don't get me wrong, Wendy is a child mourning the loss of what was her best friend and closest companion.  She has every reason to be sad and it's understandable that her perception of things is...warped and macabre.

But yeah, she seems pretty one dimensional at times and it seems like she wouldn't want happiness if it was offered to her on a silver platter. No fun, happiness, or joy. Only death. 

Edited by noeticmoose
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Falkenpelz    1739

Does Maxwell wear lenses or is he just half blind for style? The William Carter skin shows him wearing glasses after all...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CodexCorporis    689
26 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Does Maxwell wear lenses or is he just half blind for style? The William Carter skin shows him wearing glasses after all...

He totally needs glasses, just tends not to wear them. Whether he wears contacts or just squints all the time is up to you. My personal headcanon is that They told him he'd look the part of the magician better without the glasses, just to mess with him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheggf    4021
6 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Does Maxwell wear lenses or is he just half blind for style? The William Carter skin shows him wearing glasses after all...

Maybe they're reading glasses. Maybe he can see clearly with the power of magic and don't need them no more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now