Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

4 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

I went crazy over fangirling last night and, inspired by Inevitable, started writing another musical scene script, mainly about Winona. Are there any of these insanely good artists from the forum reading here and wanna illustrate it? XD

5e5cbc4f8ba31_Arielwave.thumb.png.bd21db18ea1dc980dbfc29f403e0a71f.png

5955c41190c7f_painterpigemoteshunger.png.1702c128467f99fb1b4254543ae4abf7.png

Spoiler

59ee4289275cd_catnessnewstarverstoriespage5.thumb.png.963a0417bba585f6c85237053b43146a.png5a1b2e775ca7c_catnessnewstarverstoriespage6.thumb.png.4cb7b4603b5fd49e3f7b8e06133d20a8.png

• Potato Cup 1

14 hours ago, pikamuse said:

Has anyone else had an increase in spider spawns when making a new, default settings world today? Because I did and it's insane.

Yeah, I had it before. World generation is mostly random, so sometimes spiders became really near to themselves instead of being randomly placed on entire world. Same things happens in other thing sometimes (Like clockworks and mactusks).

But if you are talking about spider circle, it's a setpiece.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Is the narrator for Wortox and Webber's video supposed to be Maxwell? I think Maxwell's voice in inevitable is the same as the narrators

Yup. Emmet. He also voices Lord Sludge, take it for what you will.:wilson_laugh:

5bd7f1b04a1d6_LordCartersplansforWebber.thumb.png.a6f5b3c224ce164c6733646bcb44917e.png

• Potato Cup 1

1 minute ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Do I need a special station to research Switcherdoodles? I've tried all beside Lunar Orb and am beginning to think is a bug. Befriended Spiders, went with them beside stations and nothing. Got all ingredients as seen in below-image.

befriend_and_switch_spider-types.thumb.jpg.0c12bb57b2fb61bca579cac449e04158.jpg

sounds like you have to befriend the type of spiders cookie you want to make

also, just in case, its not sarcasm, i genuinely havent played the rework outside of a test world

Edited by Wardin25
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Do I need a special station to research Switcherdoodles? I've tried all beside Lunar Orb and am beginning to think is a bug. Befriended Spiders, went with them beside stations and nothing. Got all ingredients as seen in below-image.

i didnt try but from the text seems like you have to befriend that kind of spider first

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

you have to befriend the certain type of spider the switcher is made after

its easy to find all of them, just gotta use the webby whistle on respective dens

for nurse spiders, you can start a spider war with the queen and she'll likely spawn one for you to befriend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Question about the changer doodles.

So you need to befriend each type first to unlock each changer doodle. If you've cleared every staligmite in caves how do you get the cave spider and spitter?

Hammering down ancient pseudoscience machines and hoping for the best?

Let's say you unlock every changer doodle then swap characters and swap back to Webber, do you keep the recipes or do you have to go around feeding each type of spider again?

If some are next to impossible to get like the above situation it'd be a nightmare having to do this every time you swap to Webber =/

• Like 1

what's the drop rates for krampus sack from klaus? for both regular and winter's feast, if there is a difference?

i'm having a discussion with someone about it. ~1k days of (almost) consistently killing klaus in winter's feast and we just got a krampus sack from him yesterday

i heard that klaus has 10% chance for a krampus sack

or do we just have really bad luck

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Question about the changer doodles.

So you need to befriend each type first to unlock each changer doodle. If you've cleared every staligmite in caves how do you get the cave spider and spitter?

Hammering down ancient pseudoscience machines and hoping for the best?

Let's say you unlock every changer doodle then swap characters and swap back to Webber, do you keep the recipes or do you have to go around feeding each type of spider again?

If some are next to impossible to get like the above situation it'd be a nightmare having to do this every time you swap to Webber =/

Yes you need befriend each spider type and yes as far as I know his recipes will reset on character swap but you can just put doodles in a chest change a spider and befriend that changed spider it'll still count as befriending that type.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

what's the drop rates for krampus sack from klaus? for both regular and winter's feast, if there is a difference?

i'm having a discussion with someone about it. ~1k days of (almost) consistently killing klaus in winter's feast and we just got a krampus sack from him yesterday

i heard that klaus has 10% chance for a krampus sack

or do we just have really bad luck

yep, 10% for the sack and 1% for Krampuses

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Yes you need befriend each spider type and yes as far as I know his recipes will reset on character swap but you can just put doodles in a chest change a spider and befriend that changed spider it'll still count as befriending that type.

I actually gave it a go and he keeps the recipes even after swapping to someone else then back to him which is nice!

Good idea what you suggested though, that would have certainly been a work around.

• Like 1

Serious question, does anyone know, how exactly Cuphead happened to get a Netflix show and if this could be a potential way for Klei? It's no secret that Klei would like to make a DST show which we all would love, but of course has to prioritize games and needs support from a streaming service or similar. If Cuphead ends up being a success, this might encourage Netflix to consider more animated game adaptations.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Serious question, does anyone know, how exactly Cuphead happened to get a Netflix show and if this could be a potential way for Klei? It's no secret that Klei would like to make a DST show which we all would love, but of course has to prioritize games and needs support from a streaming service or similar. If Cuphead ends up being a success, this might encourage Netflix to consider more animated game adaptations.

Klei has responded to many people requesting just that, generally saying that they aren't looking for it but they wouldn't be against it if Netflix and on reached out to them.
I don't think we have much hope as of now, or the distant future, but if it were to happen I wouldn't be against it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Tbh I'd like the game to develop the story further before we get a show. Unless it wouldn't be progressing the current plot regarding the moon etc. Then please I need it. 

What needs to happen is Netflix gotta decide they want to, or we as the fans have to convince them. How I'm not really sure. 

• Thanks 1

Totally unrelated: Do you ever get annoyed at Wendy? Like, I know, your sister died at young age and thats terrible, but... Wes can't summon his dead family as ghosts to help him in combat, Willow got bullied by the leaders of her orphanage as a little kid, Warly is probably living with the thought that his mother might have died because he couldn't be there for her and your best friend got chased into the woods by his parents, can you not make everything about yourself for like one minute, Wendy??

• Haha 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

18 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Totally unrelated: Do you ever get annoyed at Wendy? Like, I know, your sister died at young age and thats terrible, but... Wes can't summon his dead family as ghosts to help him in combat, Willow got bullied by the leaders of her orphanage as a little kid, Warly is probably living with the thought that his mother might have died because he couldn't be there for her and your best friend got chased into the woods by his parents, can you not make everything about yourself for like one minute, Wendy??

...no?...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

...I'm sorry, Wendy, I didn't mean it like that...

I just feel like sometimes she seems to go full emo not because of Abigail or anything, just for the sake of it and that gives me oof vibes

She does, because she's a parody of people who do that irl. I find it hilarious that she just goes "We're all gonna die" while examining meat or bones or something while there is literal monstrous beast ripping everyone apart. Like, yeah, we are, pretty soon too

She also despairs over fate of other characters- she has multiple quotes about Webber losing his humanity and how sad it is, and empathizes with caged animals etc. 

But she also has a bunch of quotes where her childish side peeks through and it's adorable. Can't be mad at her then.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

i mean, she seemed to be the only person she trusted and was close to, and also shes like 10, she probably doesnt know how to handle her feelings

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1