hoppin mandrake

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Wardin25    2507
3 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

if you dont mind sharing, what hud is that? it looks super cool

Verdant hud, its one of the many that are around, look for hud in the workshop and youll get them

• Thanks 2

Falkenpelz    1739

Is the lower max health penalty in DS/Hamlet permanent??

(Just innocently planted magic water in Hamlet, thinking it would do something cool and bam, 70 health left, bruh)

Edited by Falkenpelz

JosePapp    976
5 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Is the lower max health penalty in DS/Hoamlet permanent??

(Just innocently planted magic water in Hamlet, thinking it would do something cool and bam, 70 health left, bruh)

Until death at least.

Is there any winona farm that uses hound mounds?

Hornete    10295
8 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Is the lower max health penalty in DS/Hamlet permanent??

Meat Effigies and The planted magic water lower your max health.

destroy them/dig them up, and your max health will be restored.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wardin25    2507

could you in theory use a vpn to join from china to try and get the chinese skins or are they not available for them either

Cheggf    4021
8 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

could you in theory use a vpn to join from china to try and get the chinese skins or are they not available for them either

If by "Chinese skins" you mean the ones you got for preordering the game on Wegame then no.

• Sad Dupe 1

Well-met    6071

Why is every sound so quiet inside of a moonstorm? I'm wondering if its just happening to me

Edited by Well-met

Falkenpelz    1739

Does anyone have some tips to reduce lag at least a little on very slow PCs? (Besides buying a new computer, I know) Are there any mods famous for causing lag? Can you play around with settings? My favourite world is really unplayable at this point, the only areas where I have green performance are the ones where I haven't really build anything.

SkyistheGround    1629
1 hour ago, Falkenpelz said:

Does anyone have some tips to reduce lag at least a little on very slow PCs? (Besides buying a new computer, I know) Are there any mods famous for causing lag? Can you play around with settings? My favourite world is really unplayable at this point, the only areas where I have green performance are the ones where I haven't really build anything.

im not the most knowledgeable about this subject but here's some tips that helped me host when i was struggling with lag:

- in settings, enable small textures and netbook mode

- set lag compensation from "predictive" to "none" so you know exactly where you are without rubber banding

- i've heard the minimap mod causes a lot of lag. dont have it so i cant testify

- the mod that disables snow tiles helps performance in winter

- keeping things off the ground and in chests can help performance immensely. there may be a mod that gets rid of stuff that builds up over time like rot, but im not sure

• Thanks 1

ArubaroBeefalo    10309
7 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Display food values, show me and that kind of mods that shows info reduce a lot the performance. Geometric placement too but only when you are about to build something because of the grid

• Thanks 1

Falkenpelz    1739

Thanks guys, so yeah, basically all the mods I use are on your list, lol. Might be onto something now.

I really wish though that Klei could implement a little of this features themselves into the game. Not knowing how much health your boss has is really just annoying and makes batteling rather anticlimatic than challenging in my opinion. And the 2-server-cave-thingy is still super inconvenient, especially when your missing out tons of content without caves on. DST is an awesome game and I know you can't make changes as big as the last one over night plus I don't know jacksh*t about programming, but it would be really awesome to one day get a better resolution for this, what do you think?

Edited by Falkenpelz
I spell like a gremlin

SkyistheGround    1629

any tips for fighting on a beefalo? i just got an ornery today and i would love to use him in combat

i currently have a glossamer saddle, though i could make a war saddle

p.s. this is perfume

PERFUME.thumb.png.351a1ecc5c6eb04a4973150dc651e78c.png

BezKa    2739
2 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

any tips for fighting on a beefalo? i just got an ornery today and i would love to use him in combat

i currently have a glossamer saddle, though i could make a war saddle

p.s. this is perfume

PERFUME.thumb.png.351a1ecc5c6eb04a4973150dc651e78c.png

Basically the same as with any weapon, except it's Beefalo that takes damage. But I got few super basic tips from my experience.

Look out for red tint at the bottom of your screen to know if it's badly hurt, and if you can't (fe you're overheating and the screen is tinted anyway) look for the character quote. If you learn what your character says when the Beef is hurt or just remember the shape of it (short or long, the punctuation) you'll always know when to back off. 

Roads and walking cane don't matter. Your only way of changing Beefalo speed is it's tendency and the saddle.

Lazy explorer works while you're mounted, and will teleport you sitting on the Beefalo, useful for quick escapes.

Ornery requires a snack before mounting, so make sure you will be able to feed it if you end up dismounting during battle (run far away enough, have designated food in a spot you remember) or feed it till it's full before the battle (it might not be enough for the entire duration). 

Beefalos get 4x the healing value of the food. However they also have different length animation for different foods- you can spam the petals, but dragonpie will take some chewing. Plan accordingly, you might want to feed it cooked dragonfruit for quick health instead. 

Spices work on Beefalo, if you yourself eat the spiced food. Yeah, I don't get it either. 

Beefalo will buck you off after some time. That is over a day however, still, be prepared if your fight is dragging. 

You will be damaged by projectiles. Fighting Bishops, McTusk, spitters, etc. will get you damaged, not the Beefalo. Get your armor :)

If there's any any other Beefalos on the screen, your Beef will still react to them getting hurt. When you dismount while other Beefalos are fighting, yours will run to join them. 

Make sure to have your bell with you for a quick escape in case your loyal steed gets in trouble without you. Just run. Run as far as you can, and your Beef will catch up, provided it survived it's one off. 

Alternatively, if you know you don't have healing for your Beef and want it to only help you a little, you can leave the bell away from the fight. This way, when it gets low on health, you can continue the fight yourself and it will run offscreen and teleport to safety. 

Also, if you have ranged weapon, it will shoot first, obviously. 

Also, if whatever you're fighting has electric damage, even if you wear an insulator, your Beef will get the full electric damage, despite having no stun animation. (That's what I remember at least, if someone knows if it was fixed please say so)

I think that's all I can remember right now. I hope it's useful, and if I made any mistakes, please correct me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

SkyistheGround    1629
4 minutes ago, BezKa said:

I think that's all I can remember right now. I hope it's useful, and if I made any mistakes, please correct me.

thank you so much!! this is super useful

i got one more question: is the war or glossamer saddle better for the beef? i know war does more damage, but is it more important to be able to kite faster?

ArubaroBeefalo    10309
3 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

i got one more question: is the war or glossamer saddle better for the beef? i know war does more damage, but is it more important to be able to kite faster?

depends of the fight and your preference

• Like 1

BezKa    2739
6 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

That really depends. I give all my ornery's a war saddle, and have no problem with kiting most mobs. It does however slow it down significantly, so it's really up to your preference. With glossamer you might have an easier time kiting, but the fight will last longer because of that. 

I suggest you grab an easy boss (like moose/goose) and test both saddles to get the feel of which one you like better. 

Edited by BezKa
  • Like 1

SkyistheGround    1629
2 hours ago, BezKa said:

I suggest you grab an easy boss (like moose/goose) and test both saddles to get the feel of which one you like better. 

not sure how much you care for updates but with your tips i booted up a practice world and killed klaus solo on a beef. again, i really appreciate it!!

1456063532_unknown(13).png.f66c6cab031a41784392858bf5b56caa.png

• Like 3
  • Health 1

BezKa    2739
1 hour ago, SkyistheGround said:

not sure how much you care for updates but with your tips i booted up a practice world and killed klaus solo on a beef. again, i really appreciate it!!

1456063532_unknown(13).png.f66c6cab031a41784392858bf5b56caa.png

Congrats!!! That's amazing news :D

• Like 1

x0-VERSUS-1y    7591

Does anyone know the exact specs for Midsummer Cawnival's Prize Booth trinkets/gear, namely: Corny Slush, Chirpy Scarf, Chirpy Cloak, and Chirpy Capelet? I reckon they do heat protection, but what are their exact numbers?

Wardin25    2507
15 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Does anyone know the exact specs for Midsummer Cawnival's Prize Booth trinkets/gear, namely: Corny Slush, Chirpy Scarf, Chirpy Cloak, and Chirpy Capelet? I reckon they do heat protection, but what are their exact numbers?

chirpy scarf; 120 chirpy cloak and capelet: 240 

no clue bout slush though

• Thanks 1

SinancoTheBest    4298
5 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

As Wardin said, Scarf has 120 insulation (same value as Fashion Melon and Summer Frest) while the Cloak and Capelet has mighty 240 insulation, same as Floral Shirt and Eyebrella. Certainly very strong and cheap summer items and the reason I haven't touched thermal stone in summers all month.

Corny Slush restores 12.5 Hunger, 5 Sanity and 0 HP, as well as cooling the body temperature by 15 degrees over 15 seconds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Booieann    4

When you hover over the Midsummer Night Light with something in your hand, you get the give option. What can you give it? so far i havnt found anything, but i havnt gotten to try the light bulbs or spores yet. Anyone have any luck or info?

SkyistheGround    1629
1 minute ago, Booieann said:

When you hover over the Midsummer Night Light with something in your hand, you get the give option. What can you give it? so far i havnt found anything, but i havnt gotten to try the light bulbs or spores yet. Anyone have any luck or info?

midsummer night light doesnt actually need fuel. you just click to activate it

BezKa    2739
2 hours ago, Booieann said:

A token. I submitted it as a bug, you can also give the token to all the canons

Edit: it's not a bug after all, 

Edited by BezKa
  • Thanks 1

Falkenpelz    1739

I went crazy over fangirling last night and, inspired by Inevitable, started writing another musical scene script, mainly about Winona. Are there any of these insanely good artists from the forum reading here and wanna illustrate it? XD

Edited by Falkenpelz
  • Big Ups 2