Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

2 minutes ago, Waoling said:

You dog eat bug?

Yes, my dogs Tobias and Pipo eat mostly anything they find, Pipo specially like grasshoppers, jaja I can't blame him I like them too, if you dry them and add chilly powder and lemon they are a great snack.

O wait, I just remembered, after dry them you have to fry them, don't forget that if you want to try it jaja.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IanKSB91 said:

Yes, my dogs Tobias and Pipo eat mostly anything they find, Pipo specially like grasshoppers, jaja I can't blame him I like them too, if you dry them and add chilly powder and lemon they are a great snack.

O wait, I just remembered, after dry them you have to fry them, don't forget that if you want to try it jaja.

My country has that too, I tried it but it was just too dried for me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DeadWhereX said:

Why people refer to WX-78 using the pronoun "they"? English is not my main lenguage, and as far as I know, things that are not alive and animals use the pronoun "it".

In the English language, singular they/them pronouns have existed for a long time, though their utilization has been made more regular over the years as we look towards more gender-neutral language. They can be used in a variety of ways, though the most common usages can be when one is directing a phrase to someone who's gender is unknown, or when someone does not fit within the gender binary (someone who is not strictly a male or female). 

WX-78 does not seem to conform to typical human standards and thus does not fit within the gender binary, as Klei has simply stated that "they are a robot."  Nonetheless, they are still a character who is very much alive with their own thoughts and conscience, which is probably why they are referred to with they/them rather than it/its. All in all, it's just a respectful thing to try and use.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, DeadWhereX said:

Why people refer to WX-78 using the pronoun "they"? English is not my main lenguage, and as far as I know, things that are not alive and animals use the pronoun "it".

They don't want to dehumanize the robot except in the ways that they do. 

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

after you make 1000 posts

First what's important is to stick to this intense posting regiment. You have to keep doing it no matter how difficult it gets. 100 topics, 100 replies, 100 reactions, and 10 hours of being online on the forums. Do it every single day for three years!

Edited by SinancoTheBest
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Health 1

1 hour ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Is it possible to set up boat bridges to and inside brine shoals without them all being sunk by cookie cutters?

Theoretically you can try to trap the cookie cutters somewhere.

Iirc, there was a cool strategy someone used where they used the waterlogged trees(not the giant ones, just the small ones) to make something in the shape of an arrow sorta, pointed towards the salt shoal, and they had pushed cookie cutters into it as Weregoose Woodie, and since the cookie cutters try to go back to their shoal, they well, can't and instead are blocked by the planted trees.

That's all I can think of for now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1

If I put a Lightbug, a mole or any creature that I can pick from my inventory and I put them into the Insulated Pack or Chef Pouch, will they last longer?

Edited by Memetan
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Memetan said:

If I put a Lightbug, a mole or any creature that I can pick from my inventory and I put them into the Insulated Pack or Chef Pouch, will they last longer?

They will.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Do you think players would flip if bearager spawned in the first autumn?

He can actually do it if you change the setting and make a long autumn(no need to change the boss setting specifically). It's funny, because that's what new players are more likely to do. Thus, a longer starting "calm" season leads to the meeting an additional boss, and earlier than he would have appeared otherwise. I always thought it was cool. It's like an additional danger for those who didn't expect it, but an additional reward if you can manage it. A supply of wood and winter clothes/backpack before the first winter is a huge advantage. A sleeping bear this early on is also not bad, because you can aggro some later threats on him. As for the rest... I suppose the speedrunners will be very happy? But for now, this scenario still requires some game-changing and in a more "easy" direction, so you can argue how "fair" it is.

• Like 1