Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

I have a question about DSTs limitations on the Switch, I know it only supports 4 players, but how will future content updates (if any) be supported on the platform? And will there be content added to the more powerful platforms Xbox Series X/S & PS5 that lesser platforms (like the switch) simply won’t be able to have? 

Klei has spent a long time porting DST to the switch so I’m sure they want to offer the best experience they possibly can for the platform. I’m sure Klei has it all figured out but I’d still like some clarity.

8 minutes ago, Owlrust said:

What can feed a bee/killer bee in your inventory?

Petals, seeds, vegetable food. Although if food is damage health, it will hurt them.

Edited by Lokena
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have never activated the Moonstorm but in the animated short it shows the Moonstorm causing some sort of Ripple effect throughout the whole constant as seen here:

Does it actually do this? does the Moonstorm aggravate Merms/Wurt like seen here?

And if so- How would I go about activating the Moonstorm takeover?

And can anyone provide any tips on who the best character to use in doing all of this Alone without other players to rely on might be?

Thanks! :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have never activated the Moonstorm but in the animated short it shows the Moonstorm causing some sort of Ripple effect throughout the whole constant as seen here:

Does it actually do this? does the Moonstorm aggravate Merms/Wurt like seen here?

And can anyone provide any tips on who the best character to use in doing all of this Alone without other players to rely on might be?

Hmm I actually don't know if it scares the merms, the times I had activated it it makes visual and auditive effects on the screen but I don't know if mobs react during the activation process.

But if you want to activate the event you have to do the next (without much spoilers):

Spoiler

There are 3 altars around the map, you can find it in the order you want and bring them back to moon island.

One is obtained when you defeat Crab king, it is sunk so have a Pinchin' Winch in your boat or be ready to craft one.

Other one can be found using an astral detector in the surface.

And the other is in lunar island, you just have to mine it.

To activate the event just place them in lunar fisures that are close to each other in a triangle like form, if they don't activate just hammer them and place them in other fissures.

As for a recommended character, all of them are equally useful but having a beefalo will be useful to finish sooner. Or of course using Woby or Wolfgang.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IanKSB91 said:

As for a recommended character, all of them are equally useful but having a beefalo will be useful to finish sooner. Or of course using Woby or Wolfgang.

Winona know the thing you need for Wagstaff so she the most useful.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

If you are playing alone and on console (which you are) I strongly recommend Wendy or Wurt if you are going to try and do the Wagstaff events and eventually end the Moonstorm/Fight the Celestial Guardian. The Mutated Birds that come to destroy the gadgets are utterly horrible to deal with on console unless you use Abigail (she shreds them and makes it about ten times easier) or have a bunch of pigman/bunnyman/merm followers when you go to do the Wagstaff events. 

I would then change to a combat focused character like Wigfrid, Wolfgang or Wanda for the actual Celestial Champion fight and again if on console (which you are) bring plenty of blowdarts or some form of ranged weapon/cheese for phase 3 cause it aint easy! Strongly recommend Chilli Flaked food and/or Volt Goat Jelly for Celestial Champion too. It honestly doesnt fight fair on console so bring everything you can against it except maybe Gunpowder because it is not easy to keep it in place at all unless you freeze it I suppose (if it can even be frozen). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Waoling said:

What the metal WX-78 made of?

What the black part of WX-78 made of?

And what color is WX-78?

It has to be an rustproof metal to be capable of not get rusted with all the water and humidity of the constant.

With the black part I imagine you mean their arms, which I wouldn't know, maybe its just something that covers his flexible articulations, like a rubber hose.

And I think he is Orange or Brown, although the color Brown technically doesn't exist.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 1:24 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I have activated and completed it twice with ease on console as robot, alone. Pigmen help relace other players, and no, other mobs like Merms are not affected (At least not currently). The only changes you will see are within a very specifically marked map area. As for how to summon it, the Don't Starve Wikipedia has a pretty detailed guide.

If you have xbox lag, using pigs to help is great because they don't seem nearly as affected by lag, so while you are standing still hoping it doesn't crash, they go around normally.

My question to you is, no offense of course, but how has one like yourself who is so active on the forums, with over 13000 reputation, never completed the moon storm event? Have you just not played much since it came out?

Edit: After rewatching the short, it doesn't seem like the merms are getting enraged by the moon storm, but more like wurt is growling because she can tell something's off. Like how some animals can sense earthquakes and hurricanes before humans, I think wurt, not being a human, can sense that a change has occurred in the constant, and is growling in defense/fear of it.

Edited by SmallBirdHungry
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, IanKSB91 said:

I think he is Orange or Brown, although the color Brown technically doesn't exist.

Orange is just as fake as brown. If we called brown brown and orange bright brown you wouldn't be saying that.

21 hours ago, ZolaRay03 said:

I want to gift one of my friends a skin bundle, im on pc, can i send it to him even though we are in different countries?

You might be able to. If you are unable to I think it would tell you before charging you.

• Like 4
  • Sanity 1

6 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Orange is just as fake as brown. If we called brown brown and orange bright brown you wouldn't be saying that.

You might be able to. If you are unable to I think it would tell you before charging you.

Oh yes I understand that. I was speaking more about the fact that brown is a non spectral color.

• Like 3

On 4/24/2022 at 10:53 PM, IanKSB91 said:

It has to be an rustproof metal to be capable of not get rusted with all the water and humidity of the constant.

With the black part I imagine you mean their arms, which I wouldn't know, maybe its just something that covers his flexible articulations, like a rubber hose.

And I think he is Orange or Brown, although the color Brown technically doesn't exist.

Metal can and-often-is coated with special paint (resistant to various external corodants). Hence WX could be made out of stainless steel or other alloy, painted over in various color schemes and patters - simplest explanation I suppose (supported by the multitude of skins it has).

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
  • Like 6

Did Nome sort of confirm the possibility of being able to use skins & dlc characters while Offline as something they’re looking into doing on the Nintendo Switch FAQ?

WHY is this not the most liked & talked about post on this entire forum right now?!

I live in an area where storms take power out often, but power gets restored somewhat quickly due to living near a hospital so it is a priority to restore power, meanwhile the internet itself can actually stay down for hours.. I’d love to be able to use my skins/characters in offline

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 3

When in time is Walter? is he from the mid-late 1920s? The 30s 40s 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s?

Maybe it is time for Klei to give us a new timeline since the last one they give is super old and since they add new characters we should know when did they get captured. 

Edited by Waoling
  • Wavey 1

29 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

What is the frequency of Meteor Showers? I have everything I need for 2 Celestial Champions except for the Celestial Orb.

I don't have exact numbers, but if it's your world, then you can change the frequency in the world settings. If you put it on tons, they would hit almost non-stop. Although I don't know if this affects the orb or not.

44 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

I found myself with 2 lavaproof bugnets and have no idea how. I cant even unravel or get rid of one :(
If anyone knows how i got it or how to get rid of em, id like to know
image.thumb.png.c87a7edee3d9438c858406478f1e9014.png

I think you can find them as random drops.