Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

WHY is this feature NOT in the console version of DST??

ECE2917D-9DB9-4353-81AE-0DBA8DA5BCDF.gif.57113a718c67f36520744c663feaef52.gif

This is the mobile version of Dont Starve, where pinching the screen allows zooming in and out to play the game in a new perspective.. Close up mode is almost first person view..

PC version has mods for it But..

My Xbox Series S should be MORE than capable of doing something like this.. :( 

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 2

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

ECE2917D-9DB9-4353-81AE-0DBA8DA5BCDF.gif.57113a718c67f36520744c663feaef52.gif

This is the mobile version of Dont Starve, where pinching the screen allows zooming in and out to play the game in a new perspective.. Close up mode is almost first person view..

My Xbox Series S should be MORE than capable of doing something like this.. :( 

Really we can do it on PS4 and PS5? Man... The Xbox seems to be the worst console again smh my head.

Spoiler

TrollFace.thumb.jpg.fe85e4c98644703d75dc415f35c296d0.jpg

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

The version differences of DST are kinda funny.

You guys don't have infinite save slots, Switch is limited to 4 players, Xbox doesn't have zooming in.

But hey, you guys were ahead of PC in updates... once.

• Sad 2
  • GL Happy 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The zooming in thing isn't a mod. We have a mod for genuine first person but perspective changes are all vanilla.
Seems every version oughta have it, does Xbox really not have it? That seems sorta odd.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

If you unravel 9 purples you can choose whichever red you want.

But with trade inn there's a chance to obtain items you can't weave. Still wouldn't say it's worth it but if you like gambling it's worth the try

2 hours ago, Lyl2333 said:

I have an ice flingomatic placed beside a Houndius Shootius. Will it be helping freezing frogs while the Shootius fight them during a frog rain? 

Only if there's fire nearby. You'd have to either set stuff on fire manually or summon a dwarf star and put some flammable items under it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FourthLess said:

But with trade inn there's a chance to obtain items you can't weave. Still wouldn't say it's worth it but if you like gambling it's worth the try

Look at the price of the unweavable items on the scm vs the price of 9 purples. Not sure the situation on consoles but there's no good reason to ever use the trade inn on PC.

I often wonder if when a developer of a game actually sits down to play their own game if they see and enjoy the gameplay itself, or if they can only see the code and data they know as part of their job?

And how can a developer call a game their “Passion Project” if they can only see the in’s & out’s of the games programming and not necessarily the “fun factor” involved in playing?

Better yet, if Developers are making content for a game that they claim they are passionate about: But yet they are fatigued with the content they’ve been putting out for it, are they passionate about the game & actually enjoying the product they’ve created.. or has that passion died and REALLY what they want to do is make something different..?

I mean for example: Minecraft has been around for many many years, but a lot of cool mobs and gameplay ideas weren’t actually used until Minecraft Dungeons- which isn’t really Minecraft, it’s some other game using Minecraft licensed mobs & properties..

And if developers DO play their own created games, do they play them as a Gamer just wanting to have fun and see what all kinds crazy stuff they can do in their game? Or do they only see what they programmed it to do?

Do they stumble on bugs and think they should stop goofing off and fix this immediately Or do they just write down a note or something about the issue they encounter but still continue to play the game as normal?

I would like to hope that in order for someone to call something their passion project, they would have to enjoy the time they spend creating, updating & playing that project.. but I’m no game designer and the closest I’ve ever come to being one was making levels in built in map editors.

The thing is: When I did it I was only thinking about what I wanted people to be able to do, and it wasn’t until I sit in a room with several friends watching them go through the level that I created that I knew what wasn’t working properly, if a hidden weapon was too well hidden etc.. I could only play test what I KNEW I created.. meanwhile I didn’t take into account say: Someone filling a truck up with all the maps propane tanks then parking it at a gas station getting out and firing a bullet into the propane tanks to wipe out a Zombie infested area in one explosion (My dad did this in Dead Island and it crashed everyone playing the game at the times Xbox)

That is an example of players getting hold of your game and doing things you never in your wildest dreams would’ve thought to do yourself- Because where you saw only what you PROGRAM it to do, my Dad was a frightened gamer who was determined to clear an area of as many enemies as he possibly could in one chain reaction of explosions.

this is probably the best set of questions I’ve asked in this thread.. And my curiosity often gets the better of me.

15 minutes ago, Waoling said:

Why do you want to know if Klei dev are actually playing their games and enjoy making them?

I’m just curious if any Klei devs play DS/DST for the “Fun Factor” or if it’s all programming and code for them.

like I said: when I made my own maps I only played them to test what I made, Because: When you say for example- Hide a rare gun in a particular upstairs bedroom closet as a Developer: You always know right where to go to get the gun you put there.

Best way I can explain it is like playing in a GTA Online player created Job with that jobs creator in the match with you- He knows where all the gear is, or where he put all the races checkpoints- he can’t play his own map and have “Fun” learning it.. because it’s stuff he knows in his head.

You can’t enjoy your own deathmatch if you hide the most op gun in the top of the bell tower and you know where to go to get it. 
To see how “fun” it is getting to this weapon you have to observe other people who don’t know how to get to it trying to get to it.

So I was genuinely curious if devs play their own games and see “fun” or if they only see “what they know?”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I often wonder if when a developer of a game actually sits down to play their own game if they see and enjoy the gameplay itself, or if they can only see the code and data they know as part of their job?

Some devs enjoy their game, some don't. Take Re-Logic for example, it's a team who hired people that already played the game before joining the team and decided to make content on it. It just boils down to personal tastes, honestly. 

or has that passion died and REALLY what they want to do is make something different..?

Well variety is good sometimes. Game development takes a long time if you're making a full-fledged game, so it's good to take a break from coding this one game in particular and coding something different for a change.

The thing is: When I did it I was only thinking about what I wanted people to be able to do,

Well this is what Play testers are for. Game Developers don't necessarily need to play their own game or enjoy it because they can hire play testers to do that for them so they can know how to make their game so it feels good to play in many different ways.

Why do some character reworks feel like Klei pours their heart and soul into them.. while others just feel rushed to get done?

Looking at the WX78 Beta details.. did WX really need 13 different upgrade modules?

When I look at other characters it just feels like there’s a whole lot less you can do with them.

Wurt finally got some nice fixes, and who knows maybe that’s Klei’s plans all along, to release a character/rework and then tune/update them in the future as time goes by per update.

For example: Webber would continue to get new spider types when new spider types are added to the world in future updates.

I don’t know I’m not able to play in the Beta but 13 different ways to upgrade just sounds a bit.. much?

When I compare that to characters like Wurt, Winona or Wendy it makes me want new Merm types, new Winona Gadgets, and more Ectopotions with unique effects-

Maybe I could say: use a Illumination potion on a Pipspook and then give that Pipspook to another player as spooky ghost lit light source for awhile?

Then again: maybe WX78 is just Sounding a bit excessive and when I get to try it myself it won’t be ironically enough an “Overload” in perks.

Edited by Mike23Ua

Is there something specific to Splumonkeys that makes you invulnerable to their melee attack? I just fought a horde and didn't take any damage. I was only wearing a Log Suit when that happened. No server mods, just client mods that don't affect combat stuff in any ways.

I know that Wurt structures require swamp turf to be build but I want to ask, after you build her structures is it posible to change the turf bellow them?, would they wet destroyed or would stop working? just asking for curiosity.

1 hour ago, IanKSB91 said:

I know that Wurt structures require swamp turf to be build but I want to ask, after you build her structures is it posible to change the turf bellow them?, would they wet destroyed or would stop working? just asking for curiosity.

you can replace it. Basically you only need 1 turf to place as many structures you want, simply relocate it for each build xD

• GL Happy 1

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you can replace it. Basically you only need 1 turf to place as many structures you want, simply relocate it for each build xD

Man, now I can properly add them to my bases jaja, thanks.

• Like 1