Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Why sometimes map gets weird desaturated colors? Like this (no Moon events active this is a new world)  :

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Is this a bug or there is a deeper meaning behind this? :>

I noticed this happens mostly on pub servers or when i am playing with someone on a private server.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Why sometimes map gets weird desaturated colors? Like this (no Moon events active this is a new world)  :

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Is this a bug or there is a deeper meaning behind this? :>

I noticed this happens mostly on pub servers or when i am playing with someone on a private server.

Also happens to me if leave and rejoin as a ghost.

• Wavey 1

18 minutes ago, xhyom said:

What happens if I buy a character's deluxe chest for the skins even though I already have the character, can I unravel the second Essential head? Do i get spools for it somehow?

You can unravel the character head and will get spoons for it, so it may be what will happen when you get the second one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xhyom said:

What happens if I buy a character's deluxe chest for the skins even though I already have the character, can I unravel the second Essential head? Do i get spools for it somehow?

if the skin pack contains any character that you have you will get it and be able to unravel it

• Thanks 1

Are tentacles (all sizes) all seperate entities, similar to how Bigfoot is literally just a big foot with a brain? Or are they a part of a single (or multiple) buried creatures that have many tentacles as part of their body?

19 hours ago, Just-guy said:

You can unravel the character head and will get spoons for it

Why do I never get spoons? I have tons of clothes, yet my survivors will never be able to eat soup.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Falkenpelz said:

Are tentacles (all sizes) all seperate entities, similar to how Bigfoot is literally just a big foot with a brain? Or are they a part of a single (or multiple) buried creatures that have many tentacles as part of their body?

It's pretty much implied that the Tentapillars are the "bodies" of the Tentacles of the surface, so, lore wise, for each Tentacle on Swamp there is a Tentapillar underground.

54 minutes ago, Fridgetty said:

just wanna have confirmation on this but does the moon stone forest always generate a living tree ?

No, I recently had a world where precisely 0 totally normal trees spawned.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chesterxito said:

will the accursed trinkets go to you if a follower kills a powder monkey?

trinkets are dropped to the ground when a monkey dies, and will home in on you if you get near.

So if a follower kills the monkey and you are far away from it, the trinket won't go to you.

2 hours ago, hhh2 said:

sophisticated log storage :eagerness:

would be super nice if we could storage logs like crafted piles that after hammered return the ammount of logs

image.thumb.png.35161327ee9a82d9637043869385ac28.png

38 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Can Wes turned into Wonkey "talk" to plants? Or is he still unable to?

edit: debunked by hornet

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

waat

so wonkey doesnt talk when comes from wes?

Yes, in the lore/theme, Wonkey isn't a new character or new being, they're the old character but y'know, returned to a monkey state of sorts. They still have their lingering personalities and memories, just not their abilities.

As the official update put it, it's a new perspective on life :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • GL Happy 2

3 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Yes, in the lore/theme, Wonkey isn't a new character or new being, they're the old character but y'know, returned to a monkey state of sorts. They still have their lingering personalities and memories, just not their abilities.

ye is what the curse represents but atleast in the beta i didnt noticed differences between characters

i love that they ended doing that

4 minutes ago, Hornete said:

The real explanation is that Wes is so powerful he can resist the curse to a degree better than anyone else. Fear the clow-mime.

• Wavey 1

18 minutes ago, Hornete said:

image.png.3ac492e34da1d9d47a96dd673a9a745f.png

Nope, he is unable to talk to plants when transforming from Wes to Wonkey.

Wes is so bad that even a 'wipe the slate clean' mechanic cannot fully rid him of his downsides

• Haha 10

I have my crafting set to Crafting Preview all Recipes (I think this should honestly be the default setting so players KNOW X or Y craftable exists but don’t know how to craft it.)

Anyway in those settings I’ve found something rather peculiar to me.. 

Spoiler

CD946C2E-AEBE-4A11-934C-FFB76279F709.thumb.jpeg.c22bb78b3905e52462edf11636a0cb55.jpeg

I also recall a dev teasing a way players can avoid becoming Wonkey altogether if they wanted to.. so does this do what I think it says it does…?

Spoiler

Fool the monkeys into avoiding raiding your ship because it’s flying their flag colors.