Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Alright, Let me throught my hat into ring:

Unless I'm reading this wrong, Is the Big spool pile just 1,500 spools for 4,000 Klei Points in the Klei Awards page?

For some reason, I wondered if its suppose to say 15,000 spools ( which is a WAY better deal) but I could be wrong. (after all, I havent bought it yet.) 

Just want to make sure before I decide to spend 4,000 Klei Points...

Screenshot_20220511-150319_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Mr.EnderEye
Updating this post ( Keep your "eye" out)

11 hours ago, Mr.EnderEye said:

Alright, Let me throught my hat into ring:

Unless I'm reading this wrong, Is the Big spool pile just 1,500 spools for 4,000 Klei Points in the Klei Awards page?

For some reason, I wondered if its suppose to say 15,000 spools ( which is a WAY better deal) but I could be wrong. (after all, I havent bought it yet.) 

Just want to make sure before I decide to spend 4,000 Klei Points...

It's 1500 spools

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, SomebodyRandom said:

What is Ghost_Death_Announcement?

image.png.cb495a1f83802a792fbc3da68bc14590.png

Way back when the devs were still figuring out DST and it's design, Ghosts had health. No really! They had their own ghost health and ghost hunger. To keep up ghost hunger you had to haunt stuff, but haunting was really destructive, stuff would burn or get hammered or spoiled and etc from haunting. So the idea was one person dies, theyre trying to keep their ghost form alive, but they have to destroy the world around them causing suffering for the currently living players and things would spiral on from there. DST's original design was a lot less multiplayer friendly and you kinda had to be an A-Hole at times haha. (Sometimes part of me wants to play a version of DST where it's design philosophy was you had to be an a-hole, definetly glad they went with the much more friendly option though, haha)

Early DST was an interesting time, a game with a rougher attitude in multiplayer, design changes specifically to try and balance PvP, and moonrock walls were designed to try and fight against griefers which is why they take so many hammer hits to break.

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Mday said:

Why klei has to make farming so difficult? So hard to read which nutrient is in need for supplement.

You can check the crops to see if they need fertilising, especially so with the ancient farm hat you have on. If you’re going for giants, tilled soil can hold 12.5 “arrows” worth of fertiliser iirc, so you can work around that fact and see which shapes are becoming more concentrated in the soil as you put the fertiliser in.

6 hours ago, Mday said:

Why klei has to make farming so difficult? So hard to read which nutrient is in need for supplement.

Honestly only difficult thing about farming is tilling the darn ground .. arghhh good thing Geometric placement mod exists cause without it it's really difficult to not accidently delete your nearby tilled soil patch while tilling another one. 

Tilling ones farm in a 3x3 fashion is way more difficult than it should be in vanilla.

Edited by ALCRD

When will we get at least a tease of what’s coming next? The WX78 rework didn’t come with one, the Cawnival is coming in June those pesky crow kids will be back to lecture me about how undecorated my trees are.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, deemo_ said:

You can check the crops to see if they need fertilising, especially so with the ancient farm hat you have on. If you’re going for giants, tilled soil can hold 12.5 “arrows” worth of fertiliser iirc, so you can work around that fact and see which shapes are becoming more concentrated in the soil as you put the fertiliser in.

That is not exactly what I have to complaint about the farming system. It is more about how the level of nutrient is presented. Call it a graphic/art issue may be.

Like if I ask you, how much Super Growth Formula/Compost/Bucket-o-poop do I need to add to the farm tile to bring it to close to 90+ for every nutrient type, can you answer just by looking at the screenshot I've provided above?

It matters because I wasn't trying to farm by planting perfectly balanced crops combination. I was trying to just simply grow all the seeds I had on hand. So to manage stress level I need to give Super Growth Formula/Compost/Bucket-o-poop to farm tile as Nutrient run low.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Honestly only difficult thing about farming is tilling the darn ground .. arghhh good thing Geometric placement mod exists cause without it it's really difficult to not accidently delete your nearby tilled soil patch while tilling another one. 

Tilling ones farm in a 3x3 fashion is way more difficult than it should be in vanilla.

there is a mod called auto tile. you click once per tile and have various configurations to use, including the standard 3x3

35 minutes ago, reallychina said:

there is a mod

Did you miss the part where i literally referenced a mod that i use to counter this vanilla issue? In the very post that you quoted..

That's the problem one shouldn't need a mod to fix what could have been a simple basic action yet is just tedious, imprecise janky mess.

Tilling needs QoL in vanilla. It either should snap to grid or not auto delete nearby tilled patches unless when using a shovel for that specific purpose.

Edited by ALCRD

26 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Did you miss the part where i literally referenced a mod that i use to counter this vanilla issue? In the very post that you quoted..

That's the problem one shouldn't need a mod to fix what could have been a simple basic action yet is just tedious, imprecise janky mess.

Tilling needs QoL in vanilla. It either should snap to grid or not auto delete nearby tilled patches unless when using a shovel for that specific purpose.

whats wrong with you, dude?

i tried to help referencing a mod that makes farming better, that's all.

but ill know to ignore you next time

40 minutes ago, reallychina said:

whats wrong with you, dude?

i tried to help referencing a mod that makes farming better, that's all.

but ill know to ignore you next time

What's wrong with you? :wilson_cool:

I never asked and already know and use mod that counteract this as i legit referenced said mod that i use in the very post that you quoted lol

No this still shouldn't be left like this in vanilla.

Edited by ALCRD

2 hours ago, ALCRD said:

What's wrong with you? :wilson_cool:

I never asked and already know and use mod that counteract this as i legit referenced said mod that i use in the very post that you quoted lol

No this still shouldn't be left like this in vanilla.

imagine doubling down on being an ass

On 5/11/2022 at 8:34 PM, Cheggf said:

What is the etymology of the word "kite"? Anyone from any other game would say what you do during the bee queen fight is kiting, but Don't Starve players call dodging kiting instead.

I don't know the etimology or the exact definition, but in other games, kiting usually implies a movement that improves positioning and running away. It can be used to stay out of an opponents attack range, to put distance between you and your chaser by using a well-calculated running line, or even to bait your opponents into thinking that they are better kiters because they run in straight lines, when in reality you are the one kiting your opponents into your own team who are hiding in the middle of that straight line, therefore setting up a trap.

In DST, we do use kiting, when for example we lead Hound waves into Beefalo herds, when we group up Depth Worms to synchronize their attacks, or when we run in a way that puts the maximum distance between Bee Queen and her minions.

What we call kiting in DST is indeed dodging for players of other games, and in addition to that, juking. Juking is usually dodging/evading enemies using frantic movements, something we do in DST when we want to fight a large number of enemies without taking damage, especially in smaller spaces.

For example, if you want to kill those 10 Nightmare Creatures coming from all over trying to corner you, and you succeed without taking any damage, then you are a juke master. If you had some space to run, and if you used that to your advantage and grouped up the Nightmare Creatures/ran away by putting the maximum possible distance, then you are also a kite master. And finally, if you are also landing that first hit on all of the Nightmare Creatures without taking any damage, you are a dodge master too.