Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

On 6/6/2022 at 4:27 PM, grumm9690 said:

who uses DST ocean fishing at all and who regenerates sanity with kelp

you're treating this in a very... myopic way. i.e treating it like because you don't personally see these things being done, nobody is, when the reality is that the people doing it are simply not in your immediate perception. i know a ton of people including me who do both of these things all the time, they're fun! and kelp especially is super lucrative for how little effort it takes.

• Like 7

On 5/21/2022 at 12:25 PM, reallychina said:

hounds can't be penned unless you bait them, but at that point they will no longer kill glommer.

seems like best choice is a catcoon but i don't know if it kills glommer offscreen. I'd be tempted to say it does since you usually find glommer goop if you don't pick it up at day 11.

You could try a bishop (trapped with human skeletons), a spitter, a knight?, And maybe an anemanie (not sure if it will trigger though since flying).

Edit: A tall bird grown from a small bird.

Edited by HowlVoid

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

How is Wurt poor efficiency? I mean I get webber suffers in harvesting ability but Wurt gives some of the fastest boss fights unless your going for purely pub play.

Efficiency does include how fast you can mass farm resources, kill bosses, etc.

This isn’t just about Wurt being inferior to Wendy. Of all the characters, Wendy undeniably stands out, she’s always either the best or 2d best in almost every aspect of the game (killing bosses, farming mobs, farming food, a personal bodyguard that guarantees easy survival, you name it).

To caricature the differences, by the time Wurt gets her bq farm set up, Wendy has already killed that boss twice and eliminated 80% of all spider dens on the surface world.

But that’s why I stated “playing for sheer efficiency”; no one ever does that (apart from speedrunners, and even in this context you can make different categories of speedruns).
It’s always a mix of: curiosity for particular perks, desire for change, convenient/easy gameplay, interest in character’s personality, etc. and everyone prioritizes each factor differently.

I agree that Webber is less efficient than Wurt, but they’re still in the same box when it comes to why players pick said characters.

To your question : let’s compare her to a character who’s not blatantly superior to her and whose perks also revolve around harvesting resources, Maxwell.

When it comes to the early game, Wurt can surely rush a few workers by visiting the swamp but they need food (the same food you need since you’re a merm as well), they have a loyalty timer, and they can easily die to treeguards;
whereas Maxwell can chop a forest in no time, for free and from the get-go, with ever faithful workers who will run away from the big tree monster and let their boss go ham 1v1 on the wooden threat.

As for early boss kills, let’s face it, they’re both as good as Wilson.

On top of that, Maxwell’s lack of dietary restrictions gives him more flexibility at this stage of the game.

I reckon Wurt comes out on top in the late game, when you have a proper mermtown and a spoiled king, allowing your workers to fend off treeguards and harvest more efficiently than Maxwell's minions.
But by that time shadow workers and merms are “obsolete” (again, from “sheer productivity standpoint”) because Bearger exists, so you realize buffed Wurt has only one advantage left over Maxwell: repeating certain boss fights with minions and more hp (mainly df and bq).

At the end of the day, It was a reaction to grumm’s comment about players picking Wurt not for the sake of usefulness.

It’s not an attack on Webber or Wurt, it’s just a statement about what motivates players to pick certain characters more than others.
No one will tell you they chose Wolfgang because of his dummy personality, they play Wolfgang because he allows them to kill bosses quickly and with less resources.
But you will hear Webber mains tell you they love this character because “those spiders look so silly with a tophat”.

It’s not all about efficiency, we’re humans after all.

As the saying goes, “Variety is the spice of life”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waynel said:

To caricature the differences, by the time Wurt gets her bq farm set up, Wendy has already killed that boss twice and eliminated 80% of all spider dens on the surface world.

Bee queen takes 20 days to respawn this is a extreme exaggeration

1 hour ago, Waynel said:

When it comes to the early game, Wurt can surely rush a few workers by visiting the swamp but they need food (the same food you need since you’re a merm as well), they have a loyalty timer, and they can easily die to treeguards;
whereas Maxwell can chop a forest in no time, for free and from the get-go, with ever faithful workers who will run away from the big tree monster and let their boss go ham 1v1 on the wooden threat.

As of her mini rework merms share loyalty by 3 at a time and it boosts to 6 at a time when you use guards in the early game you can keep 3 merms completely loyal off random seeds you find while you explore they can delete forests faster than maxwell and are capable of actually killing tree guards in seconds later in the game making them the much better choice for chopping wood.

1 hour ago, Waynel said:

I reckon Wurt comes out on top in the late game, when you have a proper mermtown and a spoiled king, allowing your workers to fend off treeguards and harvest more efficiently than Maxwell's minions.
But by that time shadow workers and merms are “obsolete” (again, from “sheer productivity standpoint”) because Bearger exists, so you realize buffed Wurt has only one advantage left over Maxwell: repeating certain boss fights with minions and more hp (mainly df and bq).

By the first winter at the latest if you should have guard access if you go for it even if only 10 to 15.

1 hour ago, Waynel said:

It’s not an attack on Webber or Wurt, it’s just a statement about what motivates players to pick certain characters more than others.
No one will tell you they chose Wolfgang because of his dummy personality, they play Wolfgang because he allows them to kill bosses quickly and with less resources.
But you will hear Webber mains tell you they love this character because “those spiders look so silly with a tophat”.

I don't see it as attack them more so just a lack of experience with the character.

• Like 2

Does eating Volt Goat Chaud-Froid give the electric damage when attacking while riding a Beefalo?
Also, does eating spicy food as a player increase damage when attacking while riding a Beefalo?

I was confused on whether to feed the Beefalo spicy food or eat the spicy food as player lol

Just now, xxXolot said:

Does eating Volt Goat Chaud-Froid give the electric damage when attacking while riding a Beefalo?
Also, does eating spicy food as a player increase damage when attacking while riding a Beefalo?

I was confused on whether to feed the Beefalo spicy food or eat the spicy food as player lol

You would need to give the beefalo the spice.

Beefalo aren't affected by any player damage modifiers.

I am pretty confident that giving a beefalo volt goat chaud-froid does give it electric damage, but eating it as a player definitely doesn't.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, xxXolot said:

36 minutes ago, HumanBean150 said:

You would need to give the beefalo the spice.

Beefalo aren't affected by any player damage modifiers.

I am pretty confident that giving a beefalo volt goat chaud-froid does give it electric damage, but eating it as a player definitely doesn't.

the beefalo needs to eat a spiced dish to get the pepper damage boost and/or the garlic extra defense but the player must eat the volt goat jelly and ride the beefalo so the beefalo deals electrical damage (is electricity, can be shared between bodies)

beefalos cant eat volt goat jelly since isnt a vegetable based dish

is recommended to test things before using words like "definetely"

• Thanks 5

So what happens after the fight ? You just have to wait 20 days and rebuilt the experiment ? Or do you have to find Wagstaff and doing his stuff again ? 

3 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

All bosses can be refought as much as you want.

4 hours ago, Moonatik said:

So what happens after the fight ? You just have to wait 20 days and rebuilt the experiment ? Or do you have to find Wagstaff and doing his stuff again ? 

the Celestial Champion drops its altars, you will need to re-assemble them on the fissures and the moon storm event will start again.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Moonatik said:

if you have all the materials you can fight him again without cooldown, just, as other said, reassemble again the altars to be able to place the incomplete experiment structure. Or, in case you dont have the materials, reactivate the event to farm them again

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

if you have all the materials you can fight him again without cooldown, just, as other said, reassemble again the altars to be able to place the incomplete experiment structure. Or, in case you dont have the materials, reactivate the event to farm them again

I'm ready to start the fight, with materials for the last stage of the experiment. I'll do it tomorrow.

But You mean Wagstaff is still here and I can "farm" restrained statics before my first fight ? I saw the storm but didn't check for Wagstaff.

2 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

I'm ready to start the fight, with materials for the last stage of the experiment. I'll do it tomorrow.

But You mean Wagstaff is still here and I can "farm" restrained statics before my first fight ? I saw the storm but didn't check for Wagstaff.

in every storm there is wagstaff waiting for you. You can farm materials for as many Celestial champion fights as you want before fighting the champion. Aslong as there is moonstorm you can farm all the materials needed, including wagstaff's restrained static

btw, you need 3 restrained statics per fight in case you didnt know

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

in every storm there is wagstaff waiting for you. You can farm materials for as many Celestial champion fights as you want before fighting the champion. Aslong as there is moonstorm you can farm all the materials needed, including wagstaff's restrained static

btw, you need 3 restrained statics per fight in case you didnt know

I have the 3rd and all, ready to start. But I thought the storm would stop, didn't know you could farm all of this as long as you want.

Few guides I saw doesn't tell that.

• Sanity 1

Does crop item stay completely fresh in giant crop form when unhammered? For example Dragon Fruit last 6 day, A giant crop also last 6 days before it become rot plant, if I chose to only hammer the giant crop on the 5th day, would the dragon fruit that drop from it be completely fresh, effectively increase the spoilage time to 11 day?

56 minutes ago, xxXolot said:

Does crop item stay completely fresh in giant crop form when unhammered? For example Dragon Fruit last 6 day, A giant crop also last 6 days before it become rot plant, if I chose to only hammer the giant crop on the 5th day, would the dragon fruit that drop from it be completely fresh, effectively increase the spoilage time to 11 day?

yes. Also you can harvest the giant crop and let it without being hammered so it last a lot longer than as a crop in the field. Cant remember how many days a giant crop last but was like 1 season (you can check freshness by carrying them)

• Thanks 2

What's the command for changing the caves shard into a forest one when starting a hosted world?

On 6/15/2022 at 12:02 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Cant remember how many days a giant crop last but was like 1 season

It's about 4 times slower than the regular crop's spoilage rate and even slower if the crop was planted by Wormwood (I think 6 times slower than the regular crop's spoilage rate)

12 minutes ago, malia4uru said:

Question about game generation screen: I could have sworn each world used to have a "delete world" trashcan icon, now I can't find any way to remove them. Help?

It's in the wrench button along with other options like Duplicate World.