Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Around how many fossils can you find in one world? Does someone have average numbers?

On 4/8/2022 at 4:51 AM, Friendly Grass said:

Update: Holy heck, I have found the exact spot where food piles up whenever I'm inspecting the cooked value, and I can't stop laughing xD

4 minutes ago, Psychic Chicken said:

What happens if you use all the shadow piece sketches as fuel?

Nothing. You can't obviously make more statues of the shadow pieces, until you or someone in your world randomly gets the special trinkets from tumbleweeds of all 3 shadow pieces. 

These trinkets can be given to pig king, for a new sketch of each.

Alternatively, worlds sometimes spawn more than one suspicious marble figure setpieces around the world so you can probably get them from those too.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Nothing. You can't obviously make more statues of the shadow pieces, until you or someone in your world randomly gets the special trinkets from tumbleweeds of all 3 shadow pieces. 

These trinkets can be given to pig king, for a new sketch of each.

I forgot those trinkets even existed lol, thanks for reminding me.

Edit: wait I could have kept the marble sculptures as decoration and gotten the sketches from trinkets in my main world what have I done

Edited by Psychic Chicken
  • GL Happy 1

5 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

until you or someone in your world randomly gets the special trinkets from tumbleweeds of all 3 shadow pieces. 

Iirc they're also supposed to drop from the Ancient Psuedoscience stations when hammered, though this is bugged last I checked...

• Thanks 1

Anyone else excited that the Nintendo Switch version releases in just 2 days? I don’t even own a Nintendo Switch.. but I’m still excited because with the game out on all platforms Klei can shift focus to bigger better updates for all versions of the game.

I’m looking forward to the shared inventory thing.. gives me hope for someday Crossplay. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Friendly Grass said:

And once you reanimate a shadow piece tumbleweeds will not even have a chance to have the sketch or trinket for it.

Does the code state that? It’s odd we’ve killed the pieces and keep getting the trinkets anyway often. We got to have a small collection of them in long lasting worlds

• Like 3

Does anyone know the best way to deal with full moons every day when playing as Woodie during the moonstorms? I've been messing around and was able to not transform by hiding in the bush hat before night started and unhiding mid-night. I don't know exactly what I did tho as I'm having a hard time replicating it. Curious to know if anyone has advice.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, reallychina said:

Why do i sometimes have the option "regenerate same world" along with "regenerate world", but other times i do not?

Because it's not a built-in game option. It was added in a "semi-official" mod created by one of the developers - "[API] Gem Core". When enabled on the server, this mod allows things like to see and rewrite the seed of the world when generating, recreate the world with the same seed, and some other options. You can view the full information on the mod-related pages.

3 hours ago, Lokena said:

Because it's not a built-in game option. It was added in a "semi-official" mod created by one of the developers - "[API] Gem Core". When enabled on the server, this mod allows things like to see and rewrite the seed of the world when generating, recreate the world with the same seed, and some other options. You can view the full information on the mod-related pages.

Xbox version has always had this feature

Anyway so is the Switch version actually coming out Tomorrow or was there a last minute Delay?

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Xbox version has always had this feature

This one? You sure? I mean, cool if so, but sorry that I doubt it, considering that even PC only got this feature through a mod.

With mod:

Spoiler

8.thumb.png.9cffff8aaac99928c2f5f16286d96c48.png10.thumb.png.ad53e17d0044be33478ecb29cedd729b.png

Without:

Spoiler

9.thumb.png.870c092056e845a53b93500cf2f77eae.png11.thumb.png.b29898f4b7428f7a44ec43bee408bae5.png

21 hours ago, Friendly Grass said:

And once you reanimate a shadow piece tumbleweeds will not even have a chance to have the sketch or trinket for it.

fairly certain they only spawn in tumbleweeds after you killed their corresponding shadow piece. So your statement is true in reverse as far as I know. If anyone can read the code to settle this would be nice. 

I know for sure I've been getting all 3 trinkets long after I've killed shadow pieces. And I also remember a very old world I played with a friend where one of the pieces was missing, and we spend probably 100 days searching for tumbleweeds thinking we could get the last sketch in there, and we kept finding the 2 we already had.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lokena said:

This one? You sure? I mean, cool if so, but sorry that I doubt it, considering that even PC only got this feature through a mod.

With mod:

Reveal hidden contents

8.thumb.png.9cffff8aaac99928c2f5f16286d96c48.png10.thumb.png.ad53e17d0044be33478ecb29cedd729b.png

Without:

Reveal hidden contents

9.thumb.png.870c092056e845a53b93500cf2f77eae.png11.thumb.png.b29898f4b7428f7a44ec43bee408bae5.png

Yes it USE to be there, I know this for a fact because I Used to start out in worlds and run around for the first 20 or so days scouting the map and then Regenerating that same world so I would have a better sense of direction to where I wanted to go to find what.

This could’ve probably been considered as “Cheating” hence why it was likely removed sometime back ago in an update where it wasn’t even mentioned in the patch notes, because NOW the feature is not there.. but it used to be.

Xbox Version has always been different though: We have never had Klei Official or Dedicated Servers- we have the option to select the option prior to hosting a world, but they just don’t ever show up.

I did not need a Mod to regenerate the same world, it’s probably just a feature one of Klei’s game updates forgot to put back in.

28 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yes it USE to be there

Okay. I don't have a console, so I honestly can't know what's there, what's not there, or what was once there. But in fact, I also think I remember something similar - that a few years ago you could choose the seed of the world without a mod. I wonder why they changed it... I mean, they're probably aware of it considering who made the mod.

Oh, by the way. While we here, I have a very important question to Klei.

On 8/16/2020 at 2:49 AM, Mike23Ua said:

DST 2022 DLC- Underwater exploration where you will find.. and fight this fearsome under water boss ;) 

When?

32 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

fairly certain they only spawn in tumbleweeds after you killed their corresponding shadow piece.

Wiki says that all sketches of chess pieces appear in the tumbleweed after you received this sketch for the first time somewhere else. That is, when statues are destroyed and chess pieces are released from marble on a full moon. If that's true, you don't need to defeat bosses first to start getting duplicates - and since there are usually several statues in the world, you can destroy only one of each type for progress, and leave the rest as decoration. Depends on lucky generation, of course, and that would also explain why you couldn't get a third figure - because you didn't have the right statue in the first place. But I don't know the code to be sure. 

Edited by Lokena
  • Like 2

• Developer
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yes it USE to be there, I know this for a fact because I Used to start out in worlds and run around for the first 20 or so days scouting the map and then Regenerating that same world so I would have a better sense of direction to where I wanted to go to find what.

This could’ve probably been considered as “Cheating” hence why it was likely removed sometime back ago in an update where it wasn’t even mentioned in the patch notes, because NOW the feature is not there.. but it used to be.

Xbox Version has always been different though: We have never had Klei Official or Dedicated Servers- we have the option to select the option prior to hosting a world, but they just don’t ever show up.

I did not need a Mod to regenerate the same world, it’s probably just a feature one of Klei’s game updates forgot to put back in.

I'm not quite sure what you're remembering, because as far as I'm aware no version of the game has ever had this feature.

Story Time:
Back before I worked at klei, I had the idea of implementing world seeds, I knew it was possible, since the concept of a "world seed" already existed for world gen, unfortunately there was a bug that caused worlds generated even on the same seed to be different, not wildly different, the landmass and biome placement were approximately the same, but everything was slightly "off", eventually after many hours of debugging I located the issue reported it to Scott, and then around a week or two after the game update that fixed it went live, I launched my mod that had the "Regen Same World" feature.

Now, what I didn't know at the time, but I do know now, is that console's world gen is identical to pc's, it has more restricted worlds settings due to performance constraints on console, but the theoretical capability of it is identical to pc, so even if the feature did exist on console at one point in time, it never worked in the first place, that being said, I don't believe any of our console versions has ever had this feature, but I haven't done an in-depth look at the code history to definitively say one way or another...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FourthLess said:

Huh, for some reason I too remember having "regenerate the same world" option without Gem Core enabled. 

It was definitely there once upon a time ago.. and if I’m not mistaken it only gave you this option when you died- it could’ve been a Endless Mode only setting, but I know for a fact it was there. (I shamefully abused the heck out of it to quickly map out my worlds then when winter set in I’d regenerate same world after finding everything I wanted to find)

That was when I was still trying to learn DST though, so I haven’t used the feature in quite some time. Now days I just Roll the world back a day or so instead of Regenerating Same World.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2022 at 6:07 PM, ShadowDuelist said:

Does the code state that? It’s odd we’ve killed the pieces and keep getting the trinkets anyway often. We got to have a small collection of them in long lasting worlds

3 hours ago, BeeClops said:

fairly certain they only spawn in tumbleweeds after you killed their corresponding shadow piece. So your statement is true in reverse as far as I know. If anyone can read the code to settle this would be nice. 

I did get this from reading the code of course. But looking again I see that I did flip the check. You're right, they are available in tumbleweeds *after* you reanimate the pieces. (This is why you check things in game :/ to be sure) I'm very sorry for my misinformation!

• Like 4