Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

13 minutes ago, Memetan said:

If Webber learns how to make switcherdoodles, change to another character using the portal, and then change again to Webber will the recipes still there, or he has to learn them again?

They will stay afaik. Prototyped recipes and even premade objects stay after changing character

6 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Okay, seriously, that person who mentioned it here before was right, who took the insanity ambience? It's gone!

I’m convinced Klei randomly changes stuff about the game just to see how long it takes their players to notice the changes.

57 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Okay, seriously, that person who mentioned it here before was right, who took the insanity ambience? It's gone!

I still have the insanity ambience, but now the Celestial Portal animations for spawning a player are gone.

Klei removed one random thing for every user, that's the only logical explanation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, SomebodyRandom said:

I still have the insanity ambience, but now the Celestial Portal animations for spawning a player are gone.

Klei removed one random thing for every user, that's the only logical explanation!

Every copy of Don't Starve Together is personalized.

Pray you don't encounter The Pelontrix Apparition.

• Haha 5
  • GL Happy 1

Has there ever been a game company that trailers and artwork is representative of actual gameplay? The only ones I can think of that even come close are GTA V & Maybe Minecraft.

Why do game companies make these huge misleading trailers for their games? 
I for one would LOVE to challenge any game development studio to make their actual gameplay as good as the trailers & cinematic’s that they push out for it.

This has ALWAYS Bugged Me.. :lol:

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Has there ever been a game company that trailers and artwork is representative of actual gameplay? The only ones I can think of that even come close are GTA V & Maybe Minecraft.

Why do game companies make these huge misleading trailers for their games? 
I for one would LOVE to challenge any game development studio to make their actual gameplay as good as the trailers & cinematic’s that they push out for it.

This has ALWAYS Bugged Me.. :lol:

Enter the gungeon. Actually that games trailer makes the game more calm then it actually is.

Edited by SecretPizzaMan
  • Haha 3

Hmm seems like Klei may have actually taken those posts people were making about DST being Fishing & Farming sandbox party simulator with friends to heart.. seems like with new update they are Re-Instating some of the “Uncompromising” aspects of the franchise.

Things like Deerclops changes, AG Changes, Wolfgang losing might when he takes damage (LoL..) And Vargs showing up in hound Waves..

These are all changes that reinstate Uncompromising, but other changes such as Boats no longer needing planks, make the game more Accessible.

At it’s heart and core the Dont starve franchise is advertised and sold under a particular gaming Genre: Which is RogueLite.

Now for those of you who have never played a RogueLite prior to DST… these are games that Intentionally stack the odds against you, and no amount of skill in the world can fully help you “conquer” the game, sometimes it also requires a whole lot of blind luck..

games that fall into this Genre would be- Spelunky, Spelunky 2, Dont Starve, Dont Starve Together, Slay the Spire, Enter the Gungeon.

I am personally a huge fan of the RogueLite/RogueLike genre.. however- not many people are into it.

That said: DST is a game where you can disable many game features so your experience with the game is as easy or as hard as you want it to be.

But my question is why drastically reduce the destruction Wavey Jones caused when players complained about him being too uncompromising.. if the above mentioned changes were done?

sudden change of direction you planned to take the game?

Perhaps there will be future updates that make fighting these things easier?

Vargs on Xbox have NEVER been fun.. in fact I tend to ignore them completely when I stumble upon one- However.. with YoTB giving us easier access to Beefalo mounts, maybe the addition of Vargs into hound waves accounts for you to have a tamed Beefy companion? Perhaps they’re to help characters like Wolfgang to gather Gems?

Whatever the changes were done for im sure you can expect lots of complaints/praise for them.