What’s your dumbest death?

I crab king cheese strat myself by luring a ton of killer bees inside a lureplant and then killing it. I didn't pre-compute that it would release living bees that appeared to not be linked to their homes anymore, meaning that they never came back to their hives. They wandered around for my butt. My base (and crock pot) is one screen away. I died of starvation because while I managed to cook something, the bees never let me get it in time :crushed: (Warly can only eat crockpoot food)

1591441999-20200531201033-1.jpg

Ok so I got a new one... This was my first time playing in summer without hiding out in the caves, and anyways I thought that fashion goggles where the same thing as desert goggles. So I was walking back to my oasis base at night and my heath was a little on the low side. as soon as entered the desert I was attacked by a spider warrior I have no clue where they came from. So I thought that if I put the fashion goggles on I could just out run them and it didn't really go to well. I was literally bitten to death and for some reason it never came across to me that I could just fight the spider.    

While I didn’t die this time idk where else to share this.

I’m playing WX-78 right now in a single player server. During winter, I scouted out Pearl’s island and did some of her quests. I went back and fought the Deerclops before winter ended. During spring, I forgot to put a lightning rod on my boat, so I ran down to put one on before going back to Pearl’s island. I got overcharged during some rain before I got there, and just as I was about to put the lightning rod on my boat, I got struck by lightning again and set my boat on fire. And I just watched it burn and sink :( 

Another time I ACTUALLY died, I was playing Willow with a friend and ran into a lureplant during the night because I couldn’t see it. I died, and it took all my stuff. Friend helped revive me, but the lureplant ate all my stuff and it despawned. I actually think I died again to it until we decided to rollback.

so,

i was taking advantage of Bearger and using him to kill a very large group of spiders, (about 4 tier 3 nests and a queen).

i had to continually trick Bearger into hitting the spiders so that they would stop going after me, which almost killed me multiple times, but i managed to survive,

i then died from a meteor after all that...

Ok i got a good one. Me and my friend were playing as webber (me) and wurt (we were doing a whole swamp domination thing and ending pig civilization) so we were on our way to pk to drop off some stuff. I see the dreaded catcoon, i was over confident and said “catcoon hit me with your best shot, fire away” *it jump attacks me. I died, we were laughing so hard after that and now it has become an inside joke now.

5 minutes ago, Aquabard said:

Ok i got a good one. Me and my friend were playing as webber (me) and wurt (we were doing a whole swamp domination thing and ending pig civilization) so we were on our way to pk to drop off some stuff. I see the dreaded catcoon, i was over confident and said “catcoon hit me with your best shot, fire away” *it jump attacks me. I died, we were laughing so hard after that and now it has become an inside joke now.

Ah yes, good times. That had me in TEARS.

My best is still in singleplayer DS, vanilla.  

I was still learning about the Koalafent/animal tracks and other mobs. I thought that the tracks led to a predator mob because each time I had followed them, I coincidentally found something dangerous nearby at the end. I had also heard a rumor that there were a limited amount of Koalafents that could be spawned in the world ... like, 5 or 10 EVER, and then they were done, no more. So I was very cautious and scared, thinking that I could maybe find this precious Koalafent, but most likely would find some sort of enemy to battle.      

One day I followed the tracks, and after the Koalafent spawned, came upon a Tallbird fort. For those who haven't seen it, it's a rare setpiece. It's a circle of about 10 Tallbird nests surrounding a rocky cluster in the center, and found in the mosaic biome (combo of rocky and forest, where the graveyard and a cave always spawns).   

I watched the Tallbirds kill the Koalafent, and figured the birds were like spiders and would eat the meat. Since I thought Koalafents were limited, and I didn't know anything about Tallbirds, I made a decision. So I charged in with a weapon in-hand, no armor, and no idea how to kite or fight. I just wanted to reclaim my precious meat from the enemy before they destroyed it.   

RIIIIIIIIIIPPPPP    

There was also another time I was hanging out by a firepit at dusk, a little too late for attacking MacTusk so just biding my time until the next morning. I got to talking to my partner and forgot to pause the game, and died to darkness.  

I was harvesting silk from my Bunnyman Pig man spider farm. I usually do it during day when pigs are out, because Bunnyman can sorta freak me out...... Anyway I did it during dusk and had a football helmet on. I was like, "What could go wrong?" Then I accidentally picked up a monster meat and all the Bunnyman went "die!" I tried to run away, but the silk slowed me down and there were too many of them. Even a football helmet didn't save me from their wrath.

50 minutes ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

I was harvesting silk from my Bunnyman Pig man spider farm. I usually do it during day when pigs are out, because Bunnyman can sorta freak me out...... Anyway I did it during dusk and had a football helmet on. I was like, "What could go wrong?" Then I accidentally picked up a monster meat and all the Bunnyman went "die!" I tried to run away, but the silk slowed me down and there were too many of them. Even a football helmet didn't save me from their wrath.

Bunnymanclap.thumb.jpg.626e6c4a2a841b0dd

"We did boys, Monster dead! HOP!"

Meanwhile, at my dumbest-death end:

D435A2B8AB1C453EF5804654CFFF9DE96192C852

A Yuletide tale!
A most wonderful of tales
under the pale moon's crown,
whose foreseeable end
concluded with a yawn!
and, of course, me dead!

Aka a "moments before disaster struck" image worth 1000... Bear smackings: was joking with that Wigfrid to punch the FurrySleepingBeauty. Then did my singing emote and Alt-Tab/ed for some reason to accidentally also press F. Wigfrid escaped and probably forever though I intended my suicide deed, heh.

This just happened to me now. I was playing Walter, minding my own business trying to farm monster meat and silk with some spiders. On my computer, Flux decided to turn on my nighttime mode. It clicked out of my DST window and I lost control of Walter. I watched him ride Woby straight into the spiders and die. 

I was Warly and went to get some hoenycombs very far from my base. I didn't bring my portable crockpot or any meals, cause figured I could make it back to base and cook something up in time. It turned out to be a very long trip, and right as I got the third honeycomb I wanted, my hunger dropped to zero and I started starving. Big no-no. I hurried back to my base, almost at the other side of the map.

I did make it, but at that point my health had dripped down to 20. I hastily threw together whatever ingredients I found in my fridge into my crock pot and anxiously waited for the meal to get ready. It finally did, and my health had just passed below the 10 mark. I was gonna make it.

It was monster tartare.

Could not believe I had put two monster meat in the crock pot.

Had no time to make another meal.

Ate it.

My newest dumbest death would be chasing after a Piko after it stole the treenut I was going to cook to avoid starvation, only for it to run too close to Watch Pig and me smacking him instead. I already had low health so his Halberd was an Alice in Wonderland Off with her head moment.

x_X Hamlet is hard.. 

On 6/15/2020 at 9:47 PM, Well-met said:

click mouse2 instead of mouse1 when handling monster meat is a classic

Here's a tip, quickly alt+click anything in your inventory. If the character examines an item it will prevent them from doing certain actions e.g. eating. You gotta be quick before it goes down to your stomach, though.

You know... how hellish it is during nightmare phase near the entrance of the ruins? And imagine getting hunted by 20 splumonkeys, depth worms, dangling depth dwellers, nightmares, and getting stuck in a corner!!! A-at least I retrieved all my items... except the thulecite crown!

Archived