What’s your dumbest death?

In shipwrecked I was using volcano staff to destroy obsidian in the volcano. When the overheating of the staff got me at ~25 HP I started heading to the exit. I shoveled magma piles along the way and one of them had krissure underneath it. When I digged up the last one, a fire burst out of it and in the same instant I got scared by a bug that was crawling near my hand on the desk (maybe it was spider, can’t remember) and I twitched my hands off the keyboard and mouse. Before I collect myself and realize there was a krissure, my poor Wilson burned to death.

2 stupids deaths happend to me recently.

I was playing adventure mode as weeber, i jump into chapter 2 with good stats and items,At almost night found the tier 3 spider dens set piece, decide to make a spider war to quick gather glads to have guarantee healing againts bishops, forget that in ds is hard to cancel atacks, i hit a spider in the middle of the spiders den, die in few seconds

the second was in king of winter day 1. i put my thermal stone in the floor meanwhile burning trees to get more heat. I realice too late that moles in ds eat thermal stones and 2 was coming to my thermal, i targeted the wrong one and the other leave with my thermal and i die before i could found gold to make a shovel or to find rabbits (the chapter gives me the recipe for earmuffs)

i feel like a noob xD

15 hours ago, xBeefaloSL4Y3Rx said:

I thought the tiny light emitted by the crockpot would save me from darkness like a thermal stone.

It didn't

I did this on a public server and died in front of almost everyone. To make it worse i was just standing out of the light of a campfire with my crockpot...

On 8/17/2020 at 12:12 AM, xBeefaloSL4Y3Rx said:

I thought the tiny light emitted by the crockpot would save me from darkness like a thermal stone.

It didn't

9 hours ago, Lovely Roses said:

I did this on a public server and died in front of almost everyone. To make it worse i was just standing out of the light of a campfire with my crockpot...

Spoiler

Visible Confusion | Know Your Meme

i was at lunar island. with low hp. it started getting dark. i grabbed my lantern and started running to my boat. it gets even darker. it's night. my lantern is running low. i can already see my boat at the shore. in fact, my boat is the only thing i can see. i'm close. i'm about to jump.

Aaaaand an anenemy bites my ass off

Small comeback to DS. I was living happily with overfilled inventory. Too overfiilled because when started getting dark, I couldn't drop a item to make a torch. I made a torch but still couldn't drop a item xD so I died in nice promising world from greed...

10 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

Maybe you have to get the positioning right and they were too far off-centre?

You don't need to get the positioning right, if you touch the Crock Pot and stop walking right at that moment then you'll be close enough to the Crock Pot to not die via darkness. The real reason why both of them died was because they were using Lag Compensation which gave them the feeling to stand right next to the Crock Pot, but in reality they weren't and thus died from the darkness.

i.e. both of them died via Lag Compensation.

Archived