What’s your dumbest death?

Well, it happened yesterday: I was playing as Woodie and decided to create a base at the oasis, which was next to beefalos, next to the pk, and for some reason wasn't really at the middle of the desert. I was cleaning the birchnut trees when suddenly 3 poison birchnut trees spawned, and I only had 60 health, I tried to cut one of them but they all hit me at once, making my log suit break and reducing my HP to 19, but that was just the start of it, it was day 11,night came and I turned into a goose, and the worst of all, when the transformation ended, all I had with me was raw monster meat, and I couldn't go to my fridge or I would get killed by the bloody trees, I ate it and died.
At least I didn't starve.
Oh I remembered another one while making this, when I was a newbie, I was playing with WX 78, and thought that it would be a good idea to not build a lightning rod at my base and to build mulitple hay walls around it to protect me, know what happened? one day a lighting struck me, burned all the hay walls, all my base, and also burnt me to death.

Welp, I just barely had possibly the dumbest two deaths ever.

i was on a public server in the caves, very early game. Then, my torch ran out. So, i had to huddle by two lightbulbs I had and wait for someone to come help me. Then I got the idea to place one down, move a little, place another one, pick up the first one, move a little, rinse and repeat.

Then, i accidently ate one.

I was stuck there, huddling by that one lightbulb.

I noticed that I was about to starve, and lightbulbs don't restore hunger, and I needed that for light.

I starved to death.

Thankfully, I saw a touchstone on my map near my location, so I haunted it.

Then Charlie killed me.

I was playing Adventure Mode earlier trying to save Wes with Maxwell. I made it to chapter 3 after failing a good number of times, and stumbled upon Wes's capture on accident. I believe it was A Cold Reception. Anyway, I prepped myself with a log suit, a couple healing salves, the nightmare armour, dark sword, and a backup tentacle spike. Everything was going more or less fine, until I had 1% left of my nightmare armour. I thought "Oh, I'll just use it up :)" and got sniped by two clockwork bishops and died instantly at more or less full health. With a full log suit in my inventory. 

For DST, I was playing Wigfrid and my friend Wendy. We just finished fighting the Deerclops. We used a large tallbird set piece to draw aggro onto the Deerclops and for extra food. We beat the Deerclops, but my friend playing Wendy died. I helped revive her, and we went to get her stuff back. Long story short, me playing Wigfrid, I tried to protect Wendy from a Tallbird and didn't kite properly, and died to it, because i wasn't wearing her helmet.  

The other day I died to gunpowder... accidentally. I found a fire trap. I destroyed some of the wood walls around it so the fire wouldn't spread much. Opened the chest, it burst into flame. Stepped back to avoid fire damage. Went to grab the fire staff and the gunpowder blew up and killed me.. Not sure how I forgot about that, but I did. 

Back when I had around, 10 hours or so? In the game, I joined a noob-ish community world, no one there was experienced. It was full of webbers, wimpy wolfgangs, and a wigfrid. There was around 5 of us, huddled in base since we were freezing to death. Then deerclops spawned. We decided to go fight him, since someone was begging for hep on chat. After a few wiki searches I was ready. Or so we thought. Turns out everyone there was very bad at the game, including me. We fought deerclops, but we didn't know he could hit us from a 360° angle. He wiped us all out with 2 or 3 swipes. I still have the screenshot. Good times!

Firstly getting killed by a treeguard in a stone surrounded bottomless pit that was my base, then proceeding to fight it off with a spear and nothing else, dying again. Eventually leading up to me being trapped inside a cage of my own skeletons and without a hammer. Good old times.

In DS I had just unlocked Maxwell for the first time. I didn’t realize his max heath and I went into the swamp. I was pretty experienced given that I had beaten adventure mode, but I was not expecting that little amount of health and got killed by 2 tentacles.

In DST it was everyone’s favorite cause of death: falling moleworm. 

Honestly the worse deaths are due to me being too greedy.  Still happens to this day.

Oh I should collect this [insert: whatever item that seems abutment at the time] even though I know [insert: the bad thing will kill me in the end].

One moment latter.....

Well I should have went with my gut feeling instead of death by hubris yet again.

I got a new one that just made me laugh.  So in the boat chatter threads someone mentioned using a flingo without a lightning rod on a boat.  Previous to this I had always used a lightning rod but went with it.  So I start out a world with Wes and play through autumn and winter setting up a boat I thought was just so awesome.  Deerclopse spawns the last day of winter right as I'm about to set sail.  No problem though, I lure him through the woods until a combination of spider queens and treeguards take him down.  Grab the eye and run to my boat!

It starts raining.  No problem, I just beat deerclopse!  I put on my eyebrella and set sail.

*lightning strikes*

*entire boat is engulfed in flames*

Cool, walk over to flingo and turn it on.  Flames out, alright we can do this!

Health is a bit low, start some food on the crock pot to get healed up.

*lightning strikes*

*boat engulfed in flames*

Okay, go turn on flingo again!

*ghost floats over to flingo*

oh...

4 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

I got a new one that just made me laugh.  So in the boat chatter threads someone mentioned using a flingo without a lightning rod on a boat.  Previous to this I had always used a lightning rod but went with it.  So I start out a world with Wes and play through autumn and winter setting up a boat I thought was just so awesome.  Deerclopse spawns the last day of winter right as I'm about to set sail.  No problem though, I lure him through the woods until a combination of spider queens and treeguards take him down.  Grab the eye and run to my boat!

It starts raining.  No problem, I just beat deerclopse!  I put on my eyebrella and set sail.

*lightning strikes*

*entire boat is engulfed in flames*

Cool, walk over to flingo and turn it on.  Flames out, alright we can do this!

Health is a bit low, start some food on the crock pot to get healed up.

*lightning strikes*

*boat engulfed in flames*

Okay, go turn on flingo again!

*ghost floats over to flingo*

oh...

Honestly I prefer using a lightning rod because of this! And the flingo could extinguish my campfire which I would NOT want in the middle of the night, and I'm too lazy to go search for the desert biome and kill of dragonfly for the scaled furnace.

One day in DS: Hamlet, I tried to fight Pugalisk for my first time. I got myself weapons, armors, healing items, actually everything I needed for the fight, and besides that, in case of emergency, I also had enough gold nuggets to restore my health in the Wishing Well.

I thought I was ready for the fight, and so I started it. I ripped off his skin on a certain spot and I used that spot for my damage, but the Pugalisk appeared to be stronger than me due to the high damage from his head. I also didn't manage to dodge his confusion rays once he started to cast them almost 24/7. He managed to hit me pretty hard, and so I died...

... not yet because I was lucky and survived! It wasn't worth fighting anymore, he became too strong for me and my sanity dropped to a dangerously low level: Anything could kill me in the next few seconds. And so I ran for my life towards the next Ancient Pig Ruins Entrance. There was still hope to survive everything & to refresh myself with the next Wishing Well.

The entrance was almost in view range, but before I was able to enter it, it happened...

I was ambrushed by my biggest enemy who appeared out of nowhere. He came so fast, I wasn't able to react at all! And so he striked me once and that attack was enough to whip out my whole remaining health. Just a few seconds more and I might've survived, but he didn't want to wait, he wanted to see me dying.

Well, that's perhaps my dumbest death. Enjoy this picture I managed to make seconds before that enemy killed me:

Spoiler

image.png.e0143fc883c3f51737bcfcab5939f2

"A little rain never killed anyone." - Maybelle Dorothea Wheeler.

i was playing one time in RoG, i was playing as wigfrid, had all my fridge will tons of meat. Autumn started so i decide to go for ruins. I take a weapons, armor and materials and arrive to the ruins pretty quickly since was a known entrance. I mined a lot of statues, fight shadows, clockworks and i notice that my hunger was low so i click where was suppose to be meatballs or something (usually i put food in the same slots) but, guess what, i didnt take any food from my base neither on the way. 

I die for starvation

Well...

I was playing with a friend and standing by the crock pots at base as I had to get up and get a drink. Friend came back to base and brought a pig with him, I was still away and I was Webber.

It doesn't take someone with half a mind to guess what happened next.

Archived