What’s your dumbest death?

What’s the dumbest way you’ve died in don’t starve?

I have a few.

This first one is in one of my first winter’s. My friend and I were playing as Wendy and there were Pengulls very close to our base. I thought that they’d give us good loot and tried to rile up Abigail. I’m on Xbox and really close to our firepit (no thermal stones yet) and added Abigail as fuel, tried to kill the pengulls ourselves, and died.

Another time was when I was playing as Wurt and with a Webber and looked for a place at the swamp where we could build our base and checked a map for a second right next to a hidden tentacle. Died to the tentacle. Webber was killing spiders for glands, tons of tier 2 dens and died to spiders.

AND another time the same friend as in my first story played as Wormwood and I played again as Wendy. It was night time and my friend had a befriended bunnyman from our bunnyman farm. I had really low health and was going to starve so instead of getting the veggies Wormwood planted, I decided to get meat of the ground to cook it COMPLETELY FORGETTING THAT THE DARN BUNNYMAN WAS RIGHT THERE! We had enough and Wormwood suicided to spawn to another world (we forgot rollback existed)

I would think my very first death was my dumbest one... i was low on health, i was actually trying to respect the name of the game and not starve...

Only had 1 red shroom on me and decided to eat it without knowing what it did... Wilson sadly didn't digest the red shroom properly and died right away...

Red_Cap.png.69ad456a4bbdd8ca715605d7a5191b5d.png

Probably that time I died of cotton candy, but I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of right now.  : P

Spoiler

EDIT:  A hair of explanation here--it used the same mechanics as taffy really, and I was injured when I ate it but I didn't realise ahead of time I was down to only ONE HP!   Anyway where I got "cotton candy" from was that one Winnie mod, where it comes with "ewelos"--pink fluffy neutral ewecus-like things that poop like beefalos and don't snot you (and Winnie herself can herd them)--and when they die instead of dropping meat and fur, they would drop meat and pink fluff. 

Which was _actually_ called "candyfloss" in the mod text because apparently the writer was British? but I'm an American and it sounds weird/fake to say slang I don't actually use, so I always translate that incident as "death by cotton candy". 

lel

...Notorious

My friends would probably be “Death by Abigail” I can’t say I blame him though.. having just started the game and all seeing a ghost chasing after another player would look like a enemy you need to kill.

Hes also tried to kill Bernie and Maxwell shadows too... it’s just Abigail wrecks his face while others just stand there letting him smack em.

As for my personal death- probably gonna give that one to random meteor strike while on very low health.

I-I don't remember the last time I died... but I'll tell you how I almost died! Basically, I made an attempt to kill a giant tentacle with 14 slurtle slime, and I thought, (It would need one more hit from my sword to take it down) Little did I know... The slime was too far and did no damage! I got stunlocked, and remained with literally 1 hp! Good thing I put on my logsuit fast enough...

1 minute ago, Lovely Roses said:

I walked outside a shop or my house in Hamlet ( I don't really remember ) as Wormwood and I got struck by lightning and burned to death. all I did was walk outside! why!?

Spoiler

Wormwood deserved that because he replaced Warbucks!

I don't know if that counts :

I like to fight Klaus by gunpowdering him (two times, one for each phase). While it is easy to freeze him and blast him on the first phase, it becomes tricky on phase two as he moves more quickly. After a lot of winters, I don't have the patience to potentially miss my blast and now I kamikaze myself on phase 2 to be sure he dies.I revive myself with a life amulet I dropped earlier, as his loot gives me one back anyway.:abnormal:

My obituary says I die a lot by Klaus as it seems to associate my death with him, but it is fake news. I am my own killer.

when i first started playing the game, i played as wendy a bit. wanting to summon her, i killed a spider in a nest near our base.

cue teammates upset with me because they were using it to spider farm, and me, a clueless noob, had no idea what in the world that was or why you would even do it.

anyways, -50 sanity! i think "oh, i need a green mushroom to restore sanity!" 

cue brainfart, eating a green shroom raw.

then, i was killed by a terrorbeak while crying out about my horrible mistake...

good times, its so funny thinking back on moments like that

I have a couple:

-First time I played DST with friends I casually approached clockworks thinking they were friendly mobs.

-Rock from earthquake hit me because it ricocheted from a stalagmite.

-Telelocator staff in caves deals a lot of damage to head trauma.

So first time playing Shipwrecked, I got poisoned in the middle of monsoon season, so I panicked because it was my first poisoning. 

I was relatively new to the game, and at the time SW got relreased i had no access to a pc because i was not at home, so i bought it day one when it got released on console, and I died by trying to craft the poison antidote in the dumbest of ways (3 consecutive lightings to the forehead. THREE). 

I even have it recorded (for my shame lmao). I edited the video a little back in the day so my friends could understand what was ging on, since i was the only one playing DS. 

Here it is, enjoy (Spanish captions btw, sorry about it, but you get the idea):

I recently died to a terror beak as Willow, with a full health bernie in my inventory, I took about 4 hits and crafted a football helmet after I dropped to 10 health... never thought to put Bernie on the ground ...

7 hours ago, Misa22 said:

So first time playing Shipwrecked, I got poisoned in the middle of monsoon season, so I panicked because it was my first poisoning. 

I was relatively new to the game, and at the time SW got relreased i had no access to a pc because i was not at home, so i bought it day one when it got released on console, and I died by trying to craft the poison antidote in the dumbest of ways (3 consecutive lightings to the forehead. THREE). 

I even have it recorded (for my shame lmao). I edited the video a little back in the day so my friends could understand what was ging on, since i was the only one playing DS. 

Here it is, enjoy (Spanish captions btw, sorry about it, but you get the idea):

It’s alright I understand Spanish! And that’s quite funny! I don’t play shipwrecked often, and now that I think about it I don’t think I’ve ever gotten poisioned....probably because I can’t make it past day 4...

2 hours ago, thomas4846 said:

rabbit

Butterfly

8 hours ago, Misa22 said:

that remembers me one of my first attemps playing sw. I get poisoned in early days by a snake, was my first time too, i pass more than 6 in game days killing butterflies and snakes trying to get the gland shown in the recipe meanwhile i try to get my health in a non critic state until i die. 6 days suffering!! xD

18 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

I was at very low health, tried to cook some monster meat on a campfire. Misclicked and ate it raw instead. And died.

I do this a lot on console.  You press left to cook, right to eat, and I can't stop doing it backwards >_<

I have two stories that are equally as embarrassing: 

When I was playing with my BF and trying to show him how everything worked in different biomes we came across swamp tentacles. He died, I laughed and tried to save him, I died too, got pissed, resurrected, died again, got pissed again, resurrected once more, turned into a werebeaver (pre-rework), almost died for the third time, and finally killed the tentacle out of spite. We restarted the world after that since it was on the first day anyways.

The second time was when I was fighting the moose/goose and I was called away from my computer so I had to shut the server down mid-fight. Apparently I had just gotten my log suit broken and needed to equip my football helmet, but because I was called away, I shut the server down for around 2-3 days (I can't remember which) and I completely forgot about what happened. The fight that I started back up went a little something like this: *game boots up*, *notices the moose/goose*, *remembers I'm fighting it*, *proceeds to whack it a few times*, *gets hit for 75 damage*, *shocked pikachu face*, *gets hit again*, *dies*, *looks at lack of armor being worn*, *looks at spare armor in inventory*, *self-loathing commences*, *float of shame back to base*.

Recently I lost an adventure mode run at the end of world 1 because I ate raw monster meat by mistake when I had, like, 10 hp; enough that i could have survived a cooked spider steak. I'm not entirely sure if pressing the button was a misclick or a lapse in judgment.

I also tried to fight a depths worm with no armor and my max health capped at 50, then of course died immediately the first time it landed a hit on me.

Archived