[Poll] On Caveless Worlds

WE NEED TO GO DEEPER/INTO THE NETHER  

163 members have voted

1. 1. DO you play caveless (forest-only) worlds?

2. 2. If yes, why?

• I like the challenge ruinless worlds present.
    • My PC can't handle the specs and lags out a lot.
    • Others (do list in the comments!)
    • I answered No.
  3. 3. If no, why?

• The game just isn't complete without caves.
    • My PC can handle the specs.
    • Others (do list in the comments!)
    • I answered Yes.

I play with caves, but only so that I can make lanterns and refuel my miner hat more easily. I don't really care about doing much else down there other than grabbing light bulbs. If light bulbs were obtainable on the surface, I'd probably play without caves.

I'm not very good at spelunking but I like having it as an option. Being able to pop into the caves to take a shortcut across the overworld, grab lightbulbs, cower from the overwhelming heat of the merciless sun, or grab unharvested/unwithered resources is quite useful even if you're never down there long enough to see a depths worm. However, sometimes I generate a caveless world to make it run more smoothly for people with bad computers or bad connections, to take advantage of the code quirks that differ between a single-shard world and a multi-shard world, or because I want to test something from the surface world with the console and playing the game normally isn't important right now.

Whenever I join a pub as Wormwood, my goal is to create a massive seed farm ASAP. Caves are great for this, because carrots are plentiful in the bunnymen areas, and I can get even more from pseudo-wars in the villages.

Usually, I end up with around 60 carrots by day 5, which I then use a birdcage to get around 100 seeds for my first plantation.

So yeah, I kinda love the caves.

I have been playing on public servers and have learned to love cave life.  The cave swamp has lots of light so growing crops np.  In the summer no fires. In Autumn the Bear never destroys the base.  Best part random people never find it.  Yes, there is a small surface base that gets burnt down in the summer by random ppl., but the cave life is so much easier.  Challenge yourself try living in the cave instead of the surface.

I always play with caves because I think that without them, the game feels really hollow. There is just something about the caves that just...completes the experience. There is a lot of items that only have function if you have caves and I just feel weird playing without them. This is of course exempted if I'm just playing a testing world where I just try a idea or practice a fight.

22 hours ago, kiwikenobi said:

I play with caves, but only so that I can make lanterns and refuel my miner hat more easily. I don't really care about doing much else down there other than grabbing light bulbs. If light bulbs were obtainable on the surface, I'd probably play without caves.

12 hours ago, Mooagain said:

I mostly use caves for lightbulbs, but I really want to find the ruins once I finally become better at the game.

if you only have caves for light bulbs, you wont have to have caves when "hook liner and inker" is released. i think there's a sea mob which drops lightbulbs in that update.

29 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

if you only have caves for light bulbs, you wont have to have caves when "hook liner and inker" is released. i think there's a sea mob which drops lightbulbs in that update.

I think its similar to Glowflys where you can get it from them but it is so much easier to get them from a plant.

15 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

Public servers make cave bases safer. Solo play I run for the caves when I mess up on the surface. I find caves safer than the surface, plus the sweet supply of raining gems from the sky.

This is so true, despite the fact that caves should be more dangerous :D I also tend to base there, usually further from the stairs, when I can't find a nice group of people on the surface. Huge majority of griefers, trolls and babies can't find a base like this:

20171006030059_1.thumb.jpg.d80f20647a230f65d329c43f56dfcf2f.jpg

Archived