maciu67    359
25 minutes ago, mr_kiwo said:

I don't know about you guys, but I think Wilba should be added to Don't Starve Together because it has a Merm character now (Wurt)

There would be a good rivalry and memes, two enemies in the same game would be wonderful

Imagine the possibilities, please Kleiiii, make it happen!!!

Yes Yes Yes, somebody has the same opinion as me.

• Like 1

Zeklo    17,409

If she comes to DST I hope they redo her art.

It makes sense to have the thinner lines since the Dapper Pigsfolk do too, but since they aren't present in DST she'd look off.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

maciu67    359
1 hour ago, Canis said:

The problem with Wilba in DST is that she'd fill the same role as Woodie

Yes but she can have "Woodie's old transformation system" and if we have two characters who can befriend monsters we can also have two wereform characters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

minespatch    60,891
1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

"The Royal Adventurer". She's a bit of a rebel. 

No wonder I consider her my second main, she's my favorite Disney princess like Ariel.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ShadowDuelist    4,231
16 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Yes but she can have "Woodie's old transformation system" and if we have two characters who can befriend monsters we can also have two wereform characters.

Technically speaking yes, we can, but the real question is, should we? The other characters don't really overlap themselves:

EG: Webber and Wortox are both monsters, but their roles and gameplays are extremely different. Wurt and Webber, despite the fact they both befriend otherwise hostile mobs, are also 100% different, since the mobs they befriend are also completely different. 
Even the good Ol' Wolfgang Vs Wigfrid topic, despite the fact they both specialize in fighting, they are mechanically completely different to play as, and the things you can do as one or the other, are different too.

Wilba, as @Canis said, would need a complete revamp from the ground up, since she'd be just a better Woodie. And to completely change a character that is not in the game already, why not get just a brand new character?

IMHO If the thing is shapeshifting, we could get a Doppleganger (a character that can learn to become into other mobs of the constant) or something more interesting like that, than just a "better Werebeaver"

• Like 1

FreyaMaluk    5,002

not really... Wilba doesn't offer that much to DST in her current state besides being against Wurt and she is kinda similar to the beaver gameplay-wise

I hope the devs introduce new characters rather than recycling others from single player... BUT if we talk about something that thematically might make sense I would love to have Woodlegs instead... cuz boats and things.... a well reworked version of him ofc.

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 3

Canis    9,074
8 hours ago, FeagleSnorf said:

Isn’t there a mod for Wilba?

If I’m wrong sorry I don’t play on pc. Yet...

Yeh, @Hornete's mod "Hamlet Characters"

im totally not plugging it for him so he'll make Walani's DST /carol sooner.

Like I already made a /carol for SCP-049 like you asked, hold up your end of the bargain you lazy bum

Edited by Canis
  • Haha 4

LunarCat    1,663

wilba must be REALLY nerfed for it to work, plus, wurt and wilba need to loose sanity when around eachother

aavri    3

Why would she explore outside the Hamlet? Why she wants to explore new lands, claim them for the pigs, and refine the cursed ones.

New mechanics: she can craft unique things to turn pig houses into more refined pig houses. As well as cute normal pigs and turn them into refine pigs. These pigs will now open up Hamlet style shops for all players to use. 

On a different note: I find the argument that there are already characters that do X role fairly weak. We can have multiple characters fill a 'role' as long as they provide different gameplay through their weaknesses. We have two strong/battle characters but they are different due to their weaknesses and effects. 

Wheeler is a scout but is different due to her smaller inventory, speed based inventory, and unique Dodge.

Wagstaff can exist along side Winnoa since despite both being inventors, they create different things that have different uses. They also have different weaknesses and thus slightly different play styles. The DST version of Wagstaff could even be modified to work together with Winnoa in that he could make generators as well. And that his machines (teleporter and thumper) requires power. 

Walani could be a sea-scout. Using a personal surf board to explore the sea before any one really makes a boat. 

The art of these characters are already done. They can be ported as a side-update to more grand updates or more unique characters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ornge    304

If wilba came to dst, imagine all the hamlet stuff she could bring with her

• Like 2