Which Character is your Favorite (Story, not Gameplay)?

Which Character is your Favorite (Story, not Gameplay)?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which Don't Starve Together Character Is Your Favorite? (Not to play as, just as a character in the story)

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • Woodie
    • Wickerbottom
    • WX-78
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • Warly
    • Wormwood
    • Wortox
    • Winona
    • Charlie
    • Other

I was curious which characters people like, not in terms of actually playing as them in the game, but just as characters in the story. Whether it's their personality, their appearance, their backstory, or something else about them that doesn't have to do with their gameplay mechanics, which character do you personally like theĀ  most out of all of them?

(I would have included the characters exclusive to single-player Don't Starve, but there weren't enough options in the poll, and this is the Don't Starve Together message board anyway. But feel free to vote "other" and specify which of those characters is your favorite if it's one of them.)

Webber. My old main. His lore is such a haze. When was he brought in?Ā Wait was he born here? How did he survive in the spider? How did he grow up in the world where you never do? Or was he born there. As weā€™ve seen characters pulled in from the real world donā€™t seem to age. Or at least not noticeably. AndĀ we can suspectĀ that Webber mightā€™ve been born in the constant and things from the constant grow all the time. Trees, Tallbirds, Bushes, Lobsters, etc. So maybe Webber really was born in the constant. Or could he just have been pulled in and eaten by a spider at the size he was and still is now. But how would that explain his quotes about his father? How he worked with goats, alchemy engines, and most (least) importantly top hats? God itā€™s confusing. We donā€™t even really know his favorite color?!? Is it green, red, or blue make up your mind!!?!!?Ā 

Other than that, I plan to draw what I think Webber would lookĀ like as a normal child. If he wasnā€™t eaten. Might even start a thread about Webberā€™s possible appearance. Probably not tho.

Personally, I admire how Wickerbottom keeps a cool head and even maintaining a curious air to herself as she dwells in a relatively nightmarish world after a disaster - which is currently speculated to be the New York Library fire - took her away from everything and everyone she held dear, even taking charge of a band of unlikely survivorsĀ to better face the Constant's challenges.

I'd like to vote for WilsonWendyWoodieWXMaxwellWigfridWinonaCharlie, I love their quotes and/or backstories. Why don't we have multiple choice?

Anyways, if I had to pick only one, that'd be Wendy. Relationship with (the not-that-amazing-anymore) Maxwell, tragic fate of a sister, dark humor - what more lore could I wish for? (Of course I wish for even more, but imo her background is the most known andĀ interesting of all the survivors.)

Woodie's character always intrigued me, so many questions and no anwsers...

I think I should clarify myself, Woodie's charming, real charming, like the reason I started playingĀ as him were his quotes. He's just somewhat relateble and super likableĀ to me, I mean look at his quotes!

Log suit - It fits me so well!

Pig House (ocupied, lights off) - Sorry! I'm not looking in!

Prestihatitator - I like to call it the "Hat Machine!"

They'reĀ so nice! He is best husbando, no question!Ā Also the hints of lore that he has are very nice for speculating.

Story/Personality-Wise, I'd say Webber, WX, and Walani, because im a shill that can't decide on one.

Webber has a personality that you immediately get hooked to. The only real reason why I haven't played him in like a year is because is gameplay is mind-numbingly repetitive.Ā 

WX-78, he has the best quotes, 100%, plus he borders on sadistic at times, more so than Wendy, and honestly that's a breath of fresh air from the likable quotes of the others.

WXmood.png.395afb09a4a2d410273a099b23592a70.png

As much as I joke about Walani being the best DS/T waifu - which is true - she genuinely has one of the most likable personalities to me. Laid back, chill, a good sense of humor that isn't pun based and doesn't make me want to kill someone and/or myself, and just... likable. She is absurdly underrated, since she's Singleplayer Exclusive. (Let's change that, Klei. ,':) )

Ā 

I chose Wendy, because I'm hella curious to see what her rework will bring to the table. Her story is the first one to pique my interest when I started playing. However, Winona & Willow are close seconds. And I don't even care too much for Winona's game play, but her being Charlie's sister trying to save her... I guess I go for the sisterly-stories? Lol.Ā 

Gotta say it has to be either Wendy for me. I always liked Wendy's depressing and sad quotes, they always get a "WHAT" and "Are you sure she's 12?" from my friends who I drag into the game when she says things like "That's the easy way out of here" when she examines rope.
Ā 

I like Woodie, mainly since I'm outdoorsy myself, and find so many of his quotes hilarious and relatable.

*Whirly fan breaks* - "I guess now I'll just have to suffer"

The Gruff Woodsman is also one of my favorite character archetypes too, so there isĀ that.

Ā 

Though I'm also intrigued by Webber's story, whatever it may be.

Wendy is definitely the one that got me interested in more than just the gameplay at first, and remains my favorite playable character due to personality and relatability, but...
Overall, it has to be Charlie. I'm interested by her motivations, what her plan is...and how she connects to the other characters who've had some focus on their backstories.
Also want to know why she kidnapped the Fuelweaver/if Fuely is indeed the Ancient King in wraith form, and, related, if the old ancient Queen that died to shadows in the Metheus puzzle is the monster that she fused with.

I kinda like Maxwell and Wortox for reasons of perspective. That, and Wortox's manner of speech is intoxicating, while Max shares some of the personality appeal with Wendy.

I'll go with Willow. I really like the way she manages to seem harmless and a bit silly while actually being completely nuts. I have no idea if she's aware of her own craziness or not, but she's still perfectly cool with the way she is and that's something to admire. Her I'm gonna do what I want, no regrets -attitude amuses me.

8 hours ago, -Variant said:

I feel like she outright slaughtered the dude.
With him leaving behind the bones and all that gunk, and him pretty clearly being mushed up.

Huh, I always took it as like...binding up and sucking the shadowy spirit part of Fuely through a portal and the bones just wouldn't fit.

Archived