Do the Dupes HAVE to drop whatever they're carrying as soon as the dinner bell or time to sleep happens?

It's so annoying.

I notice in Rimworld when those types of tasks happen they finish the first task. Couldn't this be in this game as well- especially if they're carrying slime at the top of a looooong ladder and- DINNER!!!!

OMFG no!!!!

1 hour ago, dearmad said:

It's so annoying.

At the very least, they could let the stuff they drop keep its sweep-marking. But no. For Ice, you have to be especially careful about the carrying path. 

Personally I'm more fond of the loop which just so happens when the CO2-Chlorine-NG-Sink is too damn deep and dupes are stuck in a loop of picking up, running out of breath, dropping it down the ladder, *high pitched taking breath* and back to step one~

What do we do though with poor Meep who, right before break started, picked up a block of regolith from the surface (after petting a slickster in the oil biome) and must cross 7+ biomes to deliver that regolith to a deodorizer right above his beloved slicksters. If he finishes the delivery then he'll miss his dinner, or worse he might tinkle on his babies...

1 hour ago, NoodleFish said:

I suppose one way to try counteract this would be an autosweeper / conveyor setup at the bottom of each ladder, but it shouldn't have to be that way.

I tend to build in all my inner base with one high long ladder + fire pole a little pool of water at bottom to avoid evaporation of pO2 , bleach, pDirt.
Just keeping an eye when playing around with magma bottle (or thoses damn pips pets).

2 hours ago, mathmanican said:

What do we do though with poor Meep who, right before break started, picked up a block of regolith from the surface (after petting a slickster in the oil biome) and must cross 7+ biomes to deliver that regolith to a deodorizer right above his beloved slicksters. If he finishes the delivery then he'll miss his dinner, or worse he might tinkle on his babies...

How to think like a Dupe 101

dropping a ton of oxylite in front of the rocket is mildly infuriating (let alone the problem that they keep delivering it even if the target amount is reached).

dupes should finish their last supply/store job if they already grabbed the material. maybe even toggle jobs.

Dupes are lazy pieces of trash. If it's time to stop working, they're gonna stop working. Hell, I've seen people do exactly the same thing in the French postal service: drop all their tools on the ground when it's break time, so it's not even lacking realism.

However, things tasks that get dropped in such circumstances should automatically be of the highest priority as soon as the break is over (or as soon as the other shift is there), to prevent such frustration from those little *******s.

Yh.. you obviously have never flipped a burger in your life. More precisely, you have never flipped a burger in a workplace with an established, calcified, seemingly unlimited in its power Labor Union. You should in fact be grateful that these guys don't have a little calculation going "how far in game traveltime am I from the food/toilets in relation to when break starts?". They would be dropping stuff EARLIER if they took that into account.

These guys are supposed to be a manager's nightmare.

15 hours ago, dearmad said:

It's so annoying.

I notice in Rimworld when those types of tasks happen they finish the first task. Couldn't this be in this game as well- especially if they're carrying slime at the top of a looooong ladder and- DINNER!!!!

OMFG no!!!!

DUPE MUST EAT AND SLEEP. THEN OTHER UNNEEDED TASKS.

4 hours ago, Darkin Coaled said:

These guys are supposed to be a manager's nightmare.

It seems Uprising DLC is coming

"Dupes of the world, unite"

"The boss needs you, you don't need him"

“Eight hours labour, eight hours recreation, eight hours rest” 

"I want ham and eggs. Not pie in the sky"

"2 cycles off every 7 cycles; and holiday too"

Then we can have Robotics DLC

15 hours ago, mathmanican said:

Ok, there are cases where my duplicants could starve on their way to finish a task, but there are already 2 different priorities implemented for eating something:

• Scheduled eating when the downtime starts.
  • Unscheduled eating when the duplicant drops below the starvation threshold.

=> Let duplicants finish their task if the interruption would be just based on the schedule, but let them drop everything if it´s one of the "emergency triggers".

Like in the real world. :D No mistake found.

U can minimize the issue if you design your base a bit different. A long ladder from the bottom to the top is not the thing you want to do here, because of the problem. 

Archived