to start off, no, this is not me crying to see the Gorge Back, or even any Events i just have one question.

why make the Gorge an event. just add the features to the game. sap trees. would they be hard to code in ?

Grills.
Furnaces.

etc.

tons of new food items and cooked recipes.
an actual decent Farming system.
--------------------------------------------------------------

can we all have an answer once and for all on why not add these features as content updates for the game. staying permanent.
kills me every time i think about it.
Answer ? , Please ?

5 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

They’d be hard to balance out, and Wormwood’s seed planting ability would have to be reworked entirely. I wouldn’t rule out adding them in entirely, but it’d be something that’d need to take time.

They could add a farmland type "biome" that cant be moved/dug up. You can only grow crops on the farmland tiles. That would balance it out a bit and wormwood would still be good.

i think this would indeed add a whole new dimension to the game that i definitely would welcome. preparing food and such quickly becomes stale imho and Gorge cooking/farming would really enrich the entire experience. u'd have a lot more to do instead of just throwing in a monster and three ice then leave to go do whatever lol. 

id like it if the gorge stations where late game optional upgrades tho.

so maybe basic/early game recipes can be cooked in a crockpot and fancy dishes with possible buffs/boost that require specific ingredients and advanced farming can be made late game (when u have more idle time) with the gorge stations.

22 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

Would be nice if Warly could make some of those foods, like cheesecake.

Seriously I just want the cheesecake.

22 hours ago, minespatch said:

I want coffee and stargazy pie in this multiplayer game.

I WANT THIS FOOD IN DST FROM THE GORGE! xu2QF_jH4ks.jpg.78886650399c67389069d7a48db53b92.jpg

I 'm one of those who don't want Gorge and Forge to be permanantly avalable. Because i think that events are cool just because they're...events. they'll  probably be quite boring otherwise. And personaly, i don't want to see Gorge/Forge items just added in DST.

BUT

I really like those items (especially Gorge ones). And all this amazing staff is already done so it's actually a pity to not being able to play with.

So here's what i'm dreaming of : Gorge and Forge environements could be added in DST as a late game thing. We could be able to travel to these places by, for exemple, the gate, after defeting the fuelweaver (or through an other portal added in a dangerous part of the ruins, kept by a boss) like the lunar island, but harder to reach.

So survivors should be able to go in Cornutopia (without Gnaw, concidered he was beaten) and buy new seeds and stuff from goat people, prototyping stuff like grill, tandoor or pick up local items  instead of simply just add those things in game.

Forge could be a place were survivors would be able to participate to a (now quite friendly) Pugna's tornament (fighting mobs in the arena) in order to win some precious prices.

And it should be the occasion to create a warior pig and a goat like character :)

But that's just my hope...

49 minutes ago, Nino123 said:

I 'm one of those who don't want Gorge and Forge to be permanantly avalable.

I want them as month-long annual holidays. It'd help give us time to want more from them and reinvent them yearly with the devs thinking with new features for our cast...

And I want the devs to have time to tweak the mermification animation so each merm has their own color. And maybe a new boss for the Forge yearly.

2 hours ago, Nino123 said:

I 'm one of those who don't want Gorge and Forge to be permanantly avalable. Because i think that events are cool just because they're...events. they'll  probably be quite boring otherwise. And personaly, i don't want to see Gorge/Forge items just added in DST.

BUT

I really like those items (especially Gorge ones). And all this amazing staff is already done so it's actually a pity to not being able to play with.

So here's what i'm dreaming of : Gorge and Forge environements could be added in DST as a late game thing. We could be able to travel to these places by, for exemple, the gate, after defeting the fuelweaver (or through an other portal added in a dangerous part of the ruins, kept by a boss) like the lunar island, but harder to reach.

So survivors should be able to go in Cornutopia (without Gnaw, concidered he was beaten) and buy new seeds and stuff from goat people, prototyping stuff like grill, tandoor or pick up local items  instead of simply just add those things in game.

Forge could be a place were survivors would be able to participate to a (now quite friendly) Pugna's tornament (fighting mobs in the arena) in order to win some precious prices.

And it should be the occasion to create a warior pig and a goat like character :)

But that's just my hope...

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I want them as month-long annual holidays. It'd help give us time to want more from them and reinvent them yearly with the devs thinking with new features for our cast...

And I want the devs to have time to tweak the mermification animation so each merm has their own color. And maybe a new boss for the Forge yearly.

Maybe Devs would allow us to unlock the way to go to the Pit and Elder Bog via the Ancient Gateway ( and replay the events with maybe small decorations - but no extra event xp ) when it's the Forge/Gorge month respectivelly

On 6/30/2019 at 1:58 AM, YouKnowWho said:

They’d be hard to balance out, and Wormwood’s seed planting ability would have to be reworked entirely. I wouldn’t rule out adding them in entirely, but it’d be something that’d need to take time.

BALANCE.

tell me how balanced Wortox is ?
or even Wormwood.
let's not start about Wicker.

Klei threw balance out of the Logic Window forever.

On 6/30/2019 at 8:36 AM, Chiseledquartz27 said:

I liked the Gorge partly because it branched away from the survival-style game that DS/T is. Imo the fancy refined cooking workstations wouldn't fit too well in the survival atmosphere of the constant

but catapults would. so would G.E.Mrators

On 6/30/2019 at 6:58 AM, Ornge said:

New island biome with salt pools and rock crabs. Salt is used to slow food spoilage

Legit just throw them into the Rockyland biome so it's existence isn't completely pointless once mining is done.
A lot of the Gorge content could be added to existing content to make those parts of the game feel less bare-bones than they currently do.

46 minutes ago, CrimXane said:

BALANCE.

tell me how balanced Wortox is ?
or even Wormwood.
let's not start about Wicker.

Klei threw balance out of the Logic Window forever.

but catapults would. so would G.E.Mrators

Eh, I disagree. I mean, they did double the health of all creatures for together to account for multiple people, so you can’t say they don’t care about balance at all. 

And what’s this about gemerators and catapults? I mean, this is a game where you can stuff bees into a ball that explodes on contact with enemies, it’s not like it’s completely unthinkable.

...I mean, if they are attempting balance and this is the result...yeesh. This game's balance has always been a mess.

But in a non-PvP game like this, you can make gameplay feel satisfying without necessarily worrying about balance. I'm more for that, personally.

it would make sense that the survivors would upgrade their cooking and farming after coming back from the Gorge, Mumsy would probably help them to after all she did say they would follow them through the portal.

I also wish to see Mumsy show up some where in the world in her own campsite. maybe she could even sell the better cooking to the survivors.

Also the recipe book should be added as well it would help new people and it would still be balanced because you would need to unlock the recipes, I also don't see why the survivors wouldn't keep a list of all the cooking recipes they know.

Archived