You biggest annoyances?

Sweepers that only work when they're not to tired (the sweeper bug).

I've a food conveyor system to stock meal into a closed chlorine room. And a rail to bring food to a single fridge. The sweeper is supposed to fill the fridge if it cans, then it should reload excess meal on the rail, back to my chlorine room. It does first 10, sometimes 15 cycles, then it goes lazy and does not sweep anymore. My food rot into the receptacle and I loose kilos of pepper bread. Rebuild the sweeper or reload is my only way out. 

Same principle with cooking ingredients and grills (and I'm cordial, I do not mention grills more specific bug, when they stop working if to much meals are queued up, since it seems to exist a temporary workaround).

Advanced and automated food supply is still a pain in the booty.

Similar issue with sweepers that sometimes do not fill coal generator anymore. Rebuild/reload is the way out. The problem is that if my energy supply relies on coal, it's because I already have power issue, so it's supposed to be urgent...

EDIT : another thing that annoyes me : buffer and filter gate temporality. Sometimes they fail, particularly after save/reload, and that could mess up a whole automated system.

Re-EDIT : the damn late-game lag ! XD

The supply job in general. There is a huge range of tasks that fall under the broad spectrum of "supply" and they tend to be scattered across the map. One of the biggest perpetrators of commute time is when dupes run all the way left to supply one thing, then all the way right to supply another thing. It's an endless cycle because they're too wasteful to get any work done.

Moving food into storage is a supply task and it tends to fall to the bottom of priorities. Because of this food ends up getting ignored and going stale. Protecting food is pretty critical and probably belongs as a life support if not an actual farming job. Farming is also filled with supply tasks when frankly a 1700kg inventory should be handling big hauls and not 25kg dirt errands. Supply dupes are doing far more important tasks in the field, typically handle germy material like slime and shouldn't be running across the map for surprise farm errands at any time.

The inability to forbid items is pretty annoying. Compost machines generate dirt that can typically be flooded with germs. Farms need dirt and dupes do not care where it comes from. So they will grab the germy dirt (ignoring the clean dirt right next to the farm), break containment and get their filthy mitts all over the food. I check my food box every few cycles because something new is contaminated and there's no way to avoid it. It is a supply task after all and suppliers get in trouble EVERYWHERE.

1 hour ago, bobucles said:

The supply job in general. There is a huge range of tasks that fall under the broad spectrum of "supply" and they tend to be scattered across the map. One of the biggest perpetrators of commute time is when dupes run all the way left to supply one thing, then all the way right to supply another thing. It's an endless cycle because they're too wasteful to get any work done.

some of my dupes took the clay my deodorizer, and whenever they had delevired it to the storage, new clay came - WHY NOT WAIT UNTILL THERE'S MORE CLAY!?!

asnd some of my dupes take 25 kg of dirt to supply my farm, instead of taking 200 kg of dirt, delevering 25 kg and then putting the rest into the storage container RIGHT NEXT TO THE FARM.

19 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

some of my dupes took the clay my deodorizer, and whenever they had delevired it to the storage, new clay came - WHY NOT WAIT UNTILL THERE'S MORE CLAY!?!

asnd some of my dupes take 25 kg of dirt to supply my farm, instead of taking 200 kg of dirt, delevering 25 kg and then putting the rest into the storage container RIGHT NEXT TO THE FARM.

This is pretty annoying, I agree. The only way i found around it was to have a central storage area for each often consumed resource (like phosphorite, coal, dirt and sand) and then send it out via conveyors to receptacles for use by sweepers only. Tha t way, dupes would "never" do those supply jobs at all, instead only delivering the stuff to the central storage compactors.

Biggest annoyance is the sheer number of people in steam forums with under 10 hours of play who ask every four hours when this game will be mulitplayer. 

Biggest in game annoyance are the notifications on the top left. That, and critter feeder menuing. And not being able to select what art the dupes make so I can keep the base symmetrical. 

On 6/9/2019 at 7:17 AM, Xuhybrid said:

Deodorizers leave a tiny packet of polluted oxygen inside so when you deconstruct them, it releases po2.

Duplicants take the jobs from sweeper arms, even with proximity enabled.

yeah ,i have to use debug mode every time i deconstruct it.

my dirt farm took forever for a dupe when i got all those sweeper arms afk...

some time when building a wall,some dupe will pickup 10.8794171kg of material ,resulting the tile with 181.144001111kg of material.For some reason it will never finish that part of wall.you have to cancel the build order and rebuild.

1 hour ago, greggbert said:

The inability to set a whole group of tiles to "disable disinfect" at the same time.

I had forgotten how bad this one was - it got swept under the rug in the current 'just disable disinfect globally' meta

They scroll screen first and zooming in second.

If you zoom out and click on a message, game scrolls to put a message target at screen center and zoom in after that, leaving you to the left and to the top of intended message target.

Possibly most annoying in this not a bug by itself, but simplicity of fix (just zoom  in first and scroll after that, or not zoom in at all), and ignoring of bugreport for an year

Deoderizer only 1 range. If it were 2 range one deoderizer would be enough to cover a 4 tile hallway. Also that it keeps a little bit of polluted oxygen with slimelung in storage to unleash when deconstructed

1. No menu button on screen. You just can't open main menu with mouse. Keyboard die? Play until autosave!

2. It's impossible to move objects. Wanna reinstall physic stuff to a one tile left? Oh no. Not in this world :) . It would help to deal with polluted stuff without deconstructing em

3. Also the lack of characters creation. It's really undermines interest in the long-game, while in RimWorld or Zomboid I always care about my characters and what to come back to the game. But in ONI I doesn't associate with the colony, they all looks too foreign for me. Think about Asian counties or East-Europe there you rarely meet any Americans, French, Arabs or any African ethnics. And no, those counties are not monotonous in the ONI just doesn't present dozen ethnic types what are common there. That so difficult to add simply generator? 

just load the game play for a bit,too much item need to flip on both side:storage,pump,electrolysis,door(when lay flat),battery.
the lesser important are generators(mainly for good looking.

there really a lot of time I have to add more pipe ,bridge just because we cannot flip a simple storage/battery/pump.

btw I also remember a post long ago:change the input box of shower and toilet to top...and exit output in lower place..it just not make sense.
consider most normal play will result in PH2O collect in lower part of the base and water sieve to clear water at there.(minor issue).

On 6/12/2019 at 4:05 AM, bobucles said:

The inability to forbid items is pretty annoying. Compost machines generate dirt that can typically be flooded with germs. Farms need dirt and dupes do not care where it comes from. So they will grab the germy dirt (ignoring the clean dirt right next to the farm), break containment and get their filthy mitts all over the food. I check my food box every few cycles because something new is contaminated and there's no way to avoid it. It is a supply task after all and suppliers get in trouble EVERYWHERE.

Sounds like a double whammy with the recently changed disease system :|

Devs please implement no-delivery zones. This game NEEDS it.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, Xuhybrid said:

Deodorizers leave a tiny packet of polluted oxygen inside so when you deconstruct them, it releases po2.

Duplicants take the jobs from sweeper arms, even with proximity enabled.

I definitely agree with this one!    Every time I deconstruct a deoxidizer thinking that I got rid of all the polluted oxygen in the room, it starts leaving tiny packets of them still floating around.    So usually I have to create a 1 by 1 block to trap it and exploit it with the single tile element rule to delete it manually by building into the 1x1 block trap. 

They really need to either destroy the po2 on deconstruction or just convert it or create a gas bottle.

You can replace tiles with the same type but in a different material (think sandstone and igneous), but you can't do the same with wiring, though you CAN replace heavy conductive with conductive (which I just did by accident)

21 minutes ago, Aelfled said:

You can replace tiles with the same type but in a different material (think sandstone and igneous), but you can't do the same with wiring, though you CAN replace heavy conductive with conductive (which I just did by accident)

Yeah, sadly it's not consistent. Some stuff you can just overwrite, but wires and pipes need to be replaced with a different type and then back to the original type to change materials. 

Need to change a sandstone liquid pipe to granite? Gotta overwrite it to radiant or insulated first and then back to normal piping. 

3 hours ago, Tobruk said:

This:

I'm toying around with thermal transfer between radiant pipes and buildings. However I can't find the heat exchange math in the ONI source despite having searched quite a bit for it. It has been one of my plans for a mod for quite a while, but not knowing how to exchange heat has stopped me from doing anything. Now I have kind of given up on figuring out how the game exchange heat and is looking into making up my own math for the task. I have no idea how that turns out, but worst case can't be worse than not trying.

I am quite unhappy with the state of the automation especially regarding rockets :

- you have a signal for checklist complete but that includes having an astronaut and roof open

- There are no signals on tank to know when they are full

- There are no signal on reservoir either.

So there is no clean way to automate the rocket. I made a compromise build where I use the command capsule output to stop any production to fill the rocket and a space scanner as a way to restart them but it is not good enough. I am only using oxylite and petroleum at this stage but once I move to LOX then I will have LOX moving aroung in pipes for nothing ...

Archived