Placing tiles in rows misses tiles

While painting tiles, some tiles seem to be missed quite regularly.  The example below, I dragged the mouse across the existing tiles, as you can see, some tiles were not painted.  One particular occasion, I tried three times to paint a single tile without success.

image.thumb.png.2d8a6896584298f5f20488d71d59f01a.png

I have/had that always, but not so massive.
When i select item to build and scrolling around map, item from cursor vanishes and when i hover mouse over build menue (select same item, without clicking, only hover), item at cursor reappears and is placeable, but then i have sometimes that "white template), where i build.
I have then to load game and no white tiles, till i scroll around map with item selected ^^

6 hours ago, Craigjw said:

While painting tiles, some tiles seem to be missed quite regularly.  The example below, I dragged the mouse across the existing tiles, as you can see, some tiles were not painted.  One particular occasion, I tried three times to paint a single tile without success.

I can not reproduce this problem.

I have had this recently. I wondered if the paint frequency had been lowered. I tend to scrub back and forth now over gaps until they fill but it's not ideal.

@Oozinator I'm not sure if your problem is the same as OPs - it sounds like yours is more similar to one I have experienced that sometimes seems to relate to zooming while having an item ready to build, other times seems to be related to cell availability taking a while to update after deconstructing something (when trying to build in the same place as the deconstructed object). I have observed both of these two issues a lot longer than the paint-gaps described by OP.

2 hours ago, Skrivener said:

@Oozinator I'm not sure if your problem is the same as OPs - it sounds like yours is more similar to one I have experienced that sometimes seems to relate to zooming while having an item ready to build, other times seems to be related to cell availability taking a while to update after deconstructing something (when trying to build in the same place as the deconstructed object). I have observed both of these two issues a lot longer than the paint-gaps described by OP.

After reading it again, you could be right, ^^

19 hours ago, Craigjw said:

This had always been an issue with the game, it can happen when the game can not utilize cpu work/calculations to be performed. @Ipsquiggle

Often I pause the game to draw blueprints, in extreme cases of pasting more than 10000 objects to be built the game can also sometimes crash. I've just now placed 500 background tiles to be built, of course, the usual problem of skipping some placed blueprint tiles if the game is not in pause mode or is running with too much stuff going on.

If repeated paint attempts do not replace a tile, it may be a different problem. Does it also happen if you have the game paused ?

image.thumb.png.34cbefcaa4fde656cf51d93d6ba42868.png

Below, building the great Oxygen Highway Distribution Network :p

Note the missing painted platform tiles on the left side of the vertical tube pipe, I just noticed myself...

image.thumb.png.79cdb4081c8d244411e2a4aca73d3d72.png

Fixed - I think painting blueprints and then having missing tiles has become worse, compared to 2 months ago ( that was the last time I played ONI ).

image.thumb.png.961aa21b3c76a974bbef890ba0155386.png

I looked through the bugs, but didn't find one with this issue. So I added a new bug. 

Of course, it might be a new feature @Miravlix.

9 hours ago, babba said:

Does it also happen if you have the game paused ?

I paused the game in the past for similar reasons. However, since the new preview release, the problem happens now even when the game is paused.  Sometimes I have to go over the same row 5 or 6 times before I get everything. 

1 hour ago, mathmanican said:

I paused the game in the past for similar reasons. However, since the new preview release, the problem happens now even when the game is paused.  Sometimes I have to go over the same row 5 or 6 times before I get everything. 

I still can't reproduce this.  Does this happen in any map for you? Or particular saves? Is there anything in particular that appears to trigger it?

30 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Does this happen in any map for you? Or particular saves? Is there anything in particular that appears to trigger it?

I've started several new maps since the preview. Happens on them all. Anytime I build a row of tiles or ladders it happens. Pipes and wires are fine. It also triggers with any building like batteries or decor. Was fine pre preview. Broken now.

It's most likely a processor issue related to computer specs. I hit the min and I was going to ignore it but it appears lots of others have the same issue.

28 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

If I draw a line my moving the screen, it skips blocks. If I draw a line by holding Shift and moving the mouse only, nothing is skipped no matter how fast I go. Weird. 

Mine skips way more when I hold shift and draw a line (though I learned something new, as this forces the build to follow a line no matter how curved your actual mouse drawing skills are). Thanks for the find. Now if only it wouldn't leave out half the tiles.....

Here's a picture of what happens when I draw rows.  The top 3 lines occurred by holding the mouse down and moving the screen (using "a" or "d").  The bottom 4 rows happened when I held down shift and then dragged the mouse (at various speeds). 

5c1488a04dc5f_Screenshotfrom2018-12-1421-49-57.thumb.png.31d9f043cfa35099958f7f1c9ec4a7e5.png

It's not a game breaker, but definitely annoying. 

3 hours ago, mathmanican said:

Happens cycle 1 for me, since the preview came out. 

Curious if you're running on a lower end system?  Mine still does it on early game bases, just not as often it seems.  I noticed it when I initially started playing on the QoL branch with a new base and it just seems to get worse as I progress.  Went back and tried a much earlier save and it was back to how I remember it and not occurring as frequently.

Before QoL, I had this issue frequently when making horizontal rows of doors for my solar area.  Moving slower or zooming in, which forces it to move slower, seemed to help then and still does now.  I'm betting they tweaked something that effects how often it tries to place tiles or buildings.  They may have changed something that added a few millisecs to the check before placing a building, to the point that it can't keep up when placing many buildings very quickly.

Pausing seems to help me *shrug*.

I've found my performance has gone way up since QoL. I've never had it this smooth past cycle 1000.

I'm on a *decent* system.. i7 4790k @ 4.0 GHz / EVGA Superclocked GTX980 / 32 Gigs of GSKILL DDR3 @ 2133 (Had  to get under there and look it's been so long) / EVO840 500 gig SSD.

I get this at cycle 1500, with a ton of nonsense going on, and a bunch of space cleared out. I'm also playing at 10x speed.

Spoiler

wasd.thumb.png.31cb6862e64964d73602d66170032855.png

Archived