Jump to content

You biggest annoyances?


Recommended Posts

Not being able to set minimum delivery quantities. Dupes running across the map to fetch a few grams of anything (I'm looking at you Critter Feeders...) is the kind of stuff that's detrimental enough in the long run to worth noting. Even the colony can afford to waste some labor it's still infuriating to know and see happen.

A couple months ago I made a suggestion topic on most of the logistical nightmares of this game. Most haven't been addressed yet but a lot of them I'd argue are on this level of frustration. I didn't initially care about a release test branch but now I kind of do since it might help set expectations on what Klei sees as game-changing issues.

Edit: That being said, they're probably focusing on stuff that mods can't really help with, such as endgame lag which is also among the biggest annoyances for myself and likely for many others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

By far the biggest annoyance for me is the lack of all the modded in features I have planned, but haven't written yet. They are really useful and I'm like "right now I really need X, but.... it's not available yet".

don't know much about programming but really hope they extend more support for people who use their precious time to write the awesome mods. I'm using the material color mod as well as your pipe pressure mod! life would be too hard without them!

8 minutes ago, BaloneyOs said:

Not being able to set minimum delivery quantities. Dupes running across the map to fetch a few grams of anything (I'm looking at you Critter Feeders...) is the kind of stuff that's detrimental enough in the long run to worth noting. Even the colony can afford to waste some labor it's still infuriating to know and see happen.

A couple months ago I made a suggestion topic on most of the logistical nightmares of this game. Most haven't been addressed yet but a lot of them I'd argue are on this level of frustration. I didn't initially care about a release test branch but now I kind of do since it might help set expectations on what Klei sees as game-changing issues.

I know exactly what you're saying! my dupes prefer to supply the research station with 100 100g of bottles rather than just use the pitcher pump right next to the station.

 

Preview would be nice, yeah. kinda excited to see if they add new stuff!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The absolutely worst is the duplicant AI, and especially the way storage is implemented, where the duplicants don't deliver the goods to the nearest storage.

Fixed temperature output magic machines are also very high on my annoying list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ATM i can manage everything, but the annoying "idle" popin at the upper left. It always ruins the order, causing false clicks, like dupe level up. Every time i click on the idle message, that suddenly appears, and my screen is moved to the idle dupe, despite the fact i dont cae.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This annoys me endlessly. Why can't we type in a number? And why is it in percent and not seconds? How many clocks do the devs have at home that tells the time in percent of the day passed I wonder?

image.thumb.png.86fcd688eda35660bdd16aa27f5afdda.png

The bug that if you put an uncovered geyser on top priority the identity of it is revealed is also really annoying.

image.thumb.png.3b7a3f3df283fa2f0ec915f041929cfa.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

ATM i can manage everything, but the annoying "idle" popin at the upper left. It always ruins the order, causing false clicks, like dupe level up. Every time i click on the idle message, that suddenly appears, and my screen is moved to the idle dupe, despite the fact i dont cae.

lol I feel you man. The worst part is the game zooms you in to the idle dupe

 

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

This annoys me endlessly. Why can't we type in a number? And why is it in percent and not seconds? How many clocks do the devs have at home that tells the time in percent of the day passed I wonder?

Oh the struggle to slide it to an integer haha

 

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

The bug that if you put an uncovered geyser on top priority the identity of it is revealed is also really annoying.

wow didn't even know you could do that. gotta try that once

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Greybear said:

The absolutely worst is the duplicant AI, and especially the way storage is implemented, where the duplicants don't deliver the goods to the nearest storage.

Yeah, this bothers me as well.  The dupes _do_ deliver to the nearest storage -- to where they are when they take the task.  So you have dupe A out digging slime and dupe B is just waking up.  They see that the slime needs to be delivered, so the system does a check to see where it should go.  This check sees the storage unit near the mushroom farm as the closest, so the dupe runs across the base, out the airlock, and into the slime biome, picks up the slime and.. instead of delivering it to the storage unit right beside him, he goes back through the airlock, across the base, and down to the mushroom farm.  So.. I usually have to play around with priorities to get them to use the one they're supposed to.

 

2 hours ago, Xuhybrid said:

Duplicants take the jobs from sweeper arms, even with proximity enabled.

Yes, I hate this.  The sweeper arms are there so the dupes won't have to go do it.  For example, I often have sweeper arms moving coal from a receptacle to generators.  Then periodically my base runs out of power.  I look to see what's going on?  Oh, Bubble's third task is to deliver coal that a hatch just pooped to the generator, but she's currently busy cleaning the latrine.  So the sweeper, which has PLENTY of coal available, doesn't do anything.... argh!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Critter feeder material selection. I don`t even know how to do it better but currently it`s just so annoying to select the food for a certain morph of shinebug. And why are baby critters listed there? They have the same diet as adults.

Dupes carrying ice around and it melting in their hands inside the base. A single ice fan causes soggy feet for most of my dupes on a regular basis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

And why are baby critters listed there? They have the same diet as adults.

Food can affect which egg critters will lay. Babies don't lay eggs and their eating history is reset once they become adult. This means you can give the cheapest food to babies and the harder to get food to adults only if the harder to get food is the key to the eggs you want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, blash365 said:

My biggest annoyance is that the month june is by far the longest of this year.

I'm actually quite happy the launch was delayed. Even if June had 40 days, it would still be stressful with a full-time job, exams, and two half-marathons to train for, as well as attending two music festivals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Saturnus said:

I'm actually quite happy the launch was delayed. Even if June had 40 days, it would still be stressful with a full-time job, exams, and two half-marathons to train for, as well as attending two music festivals.

Thankfully you can train for both half-marathons at the same time.  :wilson_cool:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cypher-7 said:

Thankfully you can train for both half-marathons at the same time.  :wilson_cool:

Not quite. The first one is tomorrow. The other the 22nd, so there's just enough time for recovery and stepping up in between.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Didn't they recently change mesh and airflow tiles so that it assumes there's a wall behind them? I.e. you can use them in space without losing matter.

You're right! I never noticed, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fridges (powered), that occasionally stop working after having been full. I just found a ton of rotting food in front of my grill. Again! This bug must have been in the game for half a year or longer...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...