Beta branch for the release patch?

That doesn't mean we can't be little pests.

I've heard pestering people while they are crunching for an important deadline is good for morale. 

*Pester pester pester*

now give us a preview!!!

WE ARE DYING FROM IMPATIENCE.

(But for real, take your time we understand it's a lot of hard work and stress on you, devs.)

Would be cool if they at least posted a new critter screenshot as a teaser or anything new really. Everybody is excited for new stuff and spoiling the looks would give us something to speculate about.

They can do it they already did it now its just testing tirelessly to find errors. Glory to oni :).

Edit: today is my birthday im even more hyped waiting as normally today would be the day the tests start! Just hoping for the best hahaha hf ppl.

1 hour ago, natanstarke said:

Edit: today is my birthday im even more hyped waiting as normally today would be the day the tests start!

Are you heartless monsters really gonna deny this simple person their birthday wish!?!

(Happy birthday c:)

1 hour ago, Flydo said:

Usually update come on thursday at about 21:00 GMT+1, so maybe tomorrow

Sorry, but this is incorrect. Updates have always been Tuesdays (hence the activity on this thread yesterday). 

Which only makes sense - with a few rare exceptions, video games, dvds, and music albums always come out on Tuesdays. It's an industry standard. 

Industry standard is for releases to be on Tuesdays, so perhaps the last two updates being on Tuesday was a move towards syncing up with the release?

43 minutes ago, bmilohill said:

Sorry, but this is incorrect. Updates have always been Tuesdays (hence the activity on this thread yesterday). 

Which only makes sense - with a few rare exceptions, video games, dvds, and music albums always come out on Tuesdays. It's an industry standard. 

I`m sorry but despite tuesdays being a standard Klei always pushed major updates on thursdays. They did so up until QoL2 iirc when they got a few week delay. Everything before that, both preview and the live versions were going up on thursdays.

8 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I`m sorry but despite tuesdays being a standard Klei always pushed major updates on thursdays. They did so up until QoL2 iirc when they got a few week delay. Everything before that, both preview and the live versions were going up on thursdays.

Yep ... thats true and i wasn't wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Daxterr said:

I haven't played ONI all month cause I'm waiting for the new biome and I DON'T WANT TO RESTART AGAIN GOSH DARNIT.

Anyone else feel the same?

I know that feeling way too well. When I think of what mods I want to make, I'm thinking "I better make this before starting my next game" and now I haven't really played QoL3 because I have been modding instead.... and I'm still one mod away from starting a new game :mad:

Well, apart from waiting for the new biomes, I do too wait for my own mod too work properly... turns out new POI still are not loaded through Steam.

In any event, if tomorday there is no Beta Branch, then there will be neigh. They must be then confident in their QA team and value secrecy/surprise over the little risk left which a Day 1 disaster may become, not much we can do about that, except understand. Blame after, not before.

I am confused. Do people actually believe that Klei has a working update, and they are holding it close to their chest for a bigger day 1 surprise? Because that’s not at all the impression I got from their one message on the topic.

The feeling I got was more of a “OMG we are shipping in two weeks there is so much stuff to do aaaaaah”, but more professional sounding.

1 hour ago, GrindThisGame said:

If they release it un-tested...thing will likely go very bad unless the new content really is purely cosmetic and not really game changing.

They already told us there will be 2 new biomes for the release... Given the bugs in every preview branch until now, they will really need help to find at least most of them  But 1 week should be enough. I think, they´ll provide a preview 1 week prior to release to get rid of most of the nasty things.

If someone (also the devs) want to get a look at a desaster-release, look up "Astroneer". The´ve done everything wrong in every way possible. Why? because they wont listen to the early access users, and havent provided a preview for weeks prior to launch, while they changed too much of the gameplay.

2 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

They already told us there will be 2 new biomes for the release... Given the bugs in every preview branch until now, they will really need help to find at least most of them  But 1 week should be enough. I think, they´ll provide a preview 1 week prior to release to get rid of most of the nasty things.

I agree that if Klei puts a lot of resources on dealing with bugs, 1 week should be enough. Probably means daily fixes though. 

Archived