Beta branch for the release patch?

44 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Just gonna slide in here real quick for a reminder. 

I'm usually not a huge fan of reminders in general.

This one, however...

Thank you very, very much !

24 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

@Ellilea I love your custom Duplicant :wilson_love:

Aw, thank you! :D I loved the game so much I couldn't resist trying to make myself as a duplicant for a forum avy haha.

##

As for the cats.

Grabbing/pinning cat's top skin "deactivates" them cause it's a response remaining from their childhood when mama cat carries them around that way. They have to calm down and not struggle so it's easier for her and doesn't hurt them.

But. Do not pick up your adult cat this way. A lot of people do it "cause mama cats do it". Sure, but when they do that the kittens weigh WAY less. An adult cat can be in pain if you do this and cats often don't show pain and suffer in silence (which is why sometimes it's hard to tell if your cat is sick, unlike a dog who should let you know ASAP). Info from a veterinarian. I've lived with cats for over half my life.

48 minutes ago, JoeW said:

If we have something to say, we say it when it's ready to say. If we haven't said it yet, it's because we're not reasonably sure so we're not ready to say.

So you're rarely going to get "We will say something Thursday" because if we aren't ready to say it yet, that means we're not necessarily ready to say that we will be able to say it by Thursday.

I'm confused. It says Joe said this, but it looks more like something John Daly would say. It's a perfect clarification of what is known and not known presented in a way where most people go "what?".

Now that I think about it, ONI is a decent modern followup to "What's my line?" because we frequently look at duplicants and go "what is he doing?" and often a quick look will only increase the confusion.

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

So you're rarely going to get "We will say something Thursday" because if we aren't ready to say it yet, that means we're not necessarily ready to say that we will be able to say it by Thursday. 

That being said, we will have something to say Thursday. 

This may be the most beautifully worded block of text I have ever read in my entire life.

Translated: "There's going to be an update on Thursday. But I don't want it to look like it's the nagging that is making us give that update. So here's a reminder that we only give updates when we are ready to do so, irrespective of what happens in the forum."

5 minutes ago, pacovf said:

Translated: "There's going to be an update on Thursday. But I don't want it to look like it's the nagging that is making us give that update. So here's a reminder that we only give updates when we are ready to do so, irrespective of what happens in the forum."

But is it a "good news" update or a bad one?  Schrodinger's update?

Mind you, JoeW said that they will say something on Thursday (today by some standards), not that they will update ONI.

Worse yet and which'd be very mean indeed is if he did not mean this Thursday~

Needless to say, either I explode in about 14 hours because of happiness or sadness, I humbly request that it will be the prior.

11 hours ago, JoeW said:

If we have something to say, we say it when it's ready to say. If we haven't said it yet, it's because we're not reasonably sure so we're not ready to say.

You do know that nobody, not even you, can stop the hype train?

That's what you get for making such good games :D.

8 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

Mind you, JoeW said that they will say something on Thursday (today by some standards), not that they will update ONI.

Worse yet and which'd be very mean indeed is if he did not mean this Thursday~

True, but do you really think they would announce something in advance and then the announcement is "we have nothing really to announce. Just keep waiting" or even worse "we decided to cancel the release". That post is building hype and Klei knows that. Hype is a good thing for selling games, but it can backfire if you fail to deliver. Don't try to build hype for something you can't live up to.

1 minute ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

You aren't first making a speech about "not saying something until you got to say something", then saying you have something to say, only to not say anything at all at the end.

:confused:

Apparently this is the thread for cryptic messages. I'm not 100% sure what you intend to say, but if you said what I think you said, then that's not what I said :p

My point isn't about when to say anything or not say anything. My point is we were told a test version would likely be out late June. Wednesday we are told Klei will say something Thursday. We know people will expect a test version based on that and they get hyped accordingly. If Klei announces a delay or no test build or anything else other than what people expect, the comment about saying something Thursday isn't the brightest because it will make people disappointed. If it's negative news, we should have gotten it Wednesday, not told "check back tomorrow".

37 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

:confused:

Apparently this is the thread for cryptic messages. I'm not 100% sure what you intend to say, but if you said what I think you said, then that's not what I said :p

My point isn't about when to say anything or not say anything. My point is we were told a test version would likely be out late June. Wednesday we are told Klei will say something Thursday. We know people will expect a test version based on that and they get hyped accordingly. If Klei announces a delay or no test build or anything else other than what people expect, the comment about saying something Thursday isn't the brightest because it will make people disappointed. If it's negative news, we should have gotten it Wednesday, not told "check back tomorrow".

If it was a delay, they would not have waited with saying that. Nobody teases a delay. I agree we will not necessarily get a preview build, but we will get something. Maybe a teaser.

Considering what i saw to this day all updates etc we will just need to spot some minor bugs maybe 3 major ones that gives black holes, then the game will be bang ready :). They have really good ppl i guess the game is fine. The only concern i have is the late game and the requirements on steam/epic being to low for the monster consumer that oni actually is on pc.

29 minutes ago, goboking said:

Just think, we might get an answer to ONI's most pressing question today. 

What color are the undergarments of dupes?

31 minutes ago, goboking said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What is sulfur used for?

Oh...

Archived