On Base Locations

What's your preferred base location?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. What's the truly optimal base location?

• in the Pig King Birchnut Forest
    • in the Oasis desert
    • in the DFly & Hound Desert
    • in a Merged Desert
    • in Caves
    • in the Moonstone Forest
    • in the center of the world
    • multi-basing near resource spots
    • near the Bee Queen
    • specifically near a wormhole
    • I'm a nomad, i don't base.
    • "GAIS PLEEeES HELPPPPP WHERE IS BAIS???? U R SO ROAD U KNO >:("

Just now, co.op said:

putting a funny answer in the pool from which u want to get serious ish answers was a bold move

thought they may actually be valid choices based on the behaviour of people i have seen xD but admittedly i just wanted to lighten up :)

i choose the Oasis desert personally because i have trouble with Smouldering and my computer cannot support caves that well. 

DF desert, It jsut has so much to offer

Grass, twigs, and other miscellaneous things from Tumbleweeds

Meat from Hound mounds and volt goats

Hounds teeth from hound mounds

Cactus flesh for vegetable recipes

Flintless boulders

and no sandstorms raging 24/7 during the summer

My option isnt there. I like setting up my camp as close as possible to all of the ground options directly or through wormholes, with pigs and Mactusk usually having a higher priority. So my option is "it depends" lol.

13 hours ago, Warlockadamm said:

For me, it doesnt matter. The biome I base in becomes the best biome once im settled either way ;)

Ps. Yes im a selfless egocentric person no need to judge xD

This is the correct answer for me too. Just pick a centralish location with a good amount of base space and get to building. 

I usually settle for the Birch Biome, because it looks so calming oh my god there's like catcoons and nice looking trees and look, some piggies

But, in all seriousness, I enjoy meself some Trail Mix and Shrooms, so it's nice to have them both readily available without replanting or keeping track of the Birch stock, if it's near desert or centermap, even better!

I also find the arbitrary Maximum Mushroom Amount somewhat weird... You know, no matter how many you have, by the time you grab one, you always reach the cap.

No shame

GUISE WHERE BASE? WHERE BASE AT? IM DYIN GUISE WHERE BASE? I STARV.

In all seriousness my friends and I usually like a good oasis base, a couple friends of mine always regen too if it's not a connected desert.
We like the oasis due to the fact that the sandstorm prevents the random wildfires, and it's right next to antlion so someone can either keep it pacified or kill it.
Although I've been trying in solo worlds to set up some non-oasis bases with the whole small base around a single flinger setup.

Archived