What's your preferred base location?  

107 members have voted

1. 2. What's the truly optimal base location?

• in the Pig King Birchnut Forest
    • in the Oasis desert
    • in the DFly & Hound Desert
    • in a Merged Desert
    • in Caves
    • in the Moonstone Forest
    • in the center of the world
    • multi-basing near resource spots
    • near the Bee Queen
    • specifically near a wormhole
    • I'm a nomad, i don't base.
    • "GAIS PLEEeES HELPPPPP WHERE IS BAIS???? U R SO ROAD U KNO >:("

GetNerfedOn    856
Posted (edited)

Hi all!

Out of curiosity, i would like to ask what you guys' preferred base locations are!

Edited by GetNerfedOn

Szczuku    5,706

I like to base near Bee Queen biome, so that my Bunnyman farm is also Bee Queen farm

• Like 1

GenomeSquirrel    188

DF desert gives so much for free, from grass and twigs without the need to shovel and fertilize, gears, consistent monster meat, even nightmare fuel if you use bunny traps. I don’t understand how it’s so relatively unpopular.

• Like 3

co.op    74

putting a funny answer in the pool from which u want to get serious ish answers was a bold move

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

GetNerfedOn    856
Just now, co.op said:

putting a funny answer in the pool from which u want to get serious ish answers was a bold move

thought they may actually be valid choices based on the behaviour of people i have seen xD but admittedly i just wanted to lighten up :)

i choose the Oasis desert personally because i have trouble with Smouldering and my computer cannot support caves that well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

co.op    74

i liked basing at the end of df desert behind hound mounds or rocky biome where noone usually goes to in public servers :p

• Like 1

Theukon-dos    369
Posted (edited)

DF desert, It jsut has so much to offer

Grass, twigs, and other miscellaneous things from Tumbleweeds

Meat from Hound mounds and volt goats

Hounds teeth from hound mounds

Cactus flesh for vegetable recipes

Flintless boulders

and no sandstorms raging 24/7 during the summer

Edited by Theukon-dos
  • Like 1

YouKnowWho    5,510

I like playing the robot, so I’ll usually set up around the dragonfly desert. It gives me something else to do when farming and building up a base.

• Like 3

Rellimarual    3,588
2 hours ago, co.op said:

i liked basing at the end of df desert behind hound mounds or rocky biome where noone usually goes to in public servers :p

Ive gotten into swamp bases for this reason, but only if the swamp has a decent wormhole.

• Like 1

Easonade    22

I really love a good moonstone base--the eternal light and coldness is really convenient for lazy players like me

• Like 4

Wilson_pl    585

I like to base on grasslands because I love the sound of forestal ambient sounds from there. And I like it's decent "emptiness", making it a perfect base-building "canvas".

• Like 4

ShadowDuelist    2,309

I always say I'm gonna make a moonbase camp with permanent light, and 9 out of 10 of those times I end up getting tired of carrying stuff around and making a temporary base at dragonfly's desert.

Which usually, ends up becoming permanent...

• Like 3

Hell-met    321

Savanna is my favorite because it's very easy to tell everything apart from the ground. Beefs are also excellent anti houndfrog

• Like 3

Warlockadamm    187

For me, it doesnt matter. The biome I base in becomes the best biome once im settled either way ;)

Ps. Yes im a selfless egocentric person no need to judge xD

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Warlockadamm said:

For me, it doesnt matter. The biome I base in becomes the best biome once im settled either way ;)

Ps. Yes im a selfless egocentric person no need to judge xD

This is the correct answer for me too. Just pick a centralish location with a good amount of base space and get to building. 

• Like 3

NeddoFreddo    916

The mini-savannah that spawns in the middle of the DF desert is great, especially if there's a wormhole to pk/swamp. 

Even if I just get 1 average wormhole spawn it's likely to change my base location. 

• Like 1

AdventZen    99

I usually settle for the Birch Biome, because it looks so calming oh my god there's like catcoons and nice looking trees and look, some piggies

But, in all seriousness, I enjoy meself some Trail Mix and Shrooms, so it's nice to have them both readily available without replanting or keeping track of the Birch stock, if it's near desert or centermap, even better!

I also find the arbitrary Maximum Mushroom Amount somewhat weird... You know, no matter how many you have, by the time you grab one, you always reach the cap.

No shame

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

camelot    53
21 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I like to base near Bee Queen biome, so that my Bunnyman farm is also Bee Queen farm

So do I. Until I found out how great when you base in Moonrock setpiece is

• Like 1

Terra M Welch    738

GUISE WHERE BASE? WHERE BASE AT? IM DYIN GUISE WHERE BASE? I STARV.

In all seriousness my friends and I usually like a good oasis base, a couple friends of mine always regen too if it's not a connected desert.
We like the oasis due to the fact that the sandstorm prevents the random wildfires, and it's right next to antlion so someone can either keep it pacified or kill it.
Although I've been trying in solo worlds to set up some non-oasis bases with the whole small base around a single flinger setup.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1