[Game Update] - 306910

• Developer
  • Duplicants should no longer get stuck in place if they have to hop down on to a horizontal door
  • Text alignment/spacing fixes to the Pedestal screen, Jobs Screen dropdowns, 
  • Fix crash when spawning a new Care Package
  • Pedestals correctly set decor on load
  • Fix crash when Duplicants are thinking about their next errand
  • Fix crash when clicking a care package and then a Duplicant on the Printer Pod screen
  • Building errand list and Duplicant ToDo list now show available errands in realtime, along with better messages for why a dupe can't perform the errand at a building (instead of just being blank).
    • Current errand on the ToDo list is shown at the top
  • Fix cases where a Dupe would incorrectly pathfind or get stuck at a access controled door if they approached it from a diagonal.
  • Ladders can now directly replace other ladders

View full update

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

Ladders can replace ladders . . .  . . .Praise Ipsquiggle . . . . . . . . . . 

Any response on the issue of drywall behind tiles that allow gas to pass through them?  It makes building in space kinda a pain as gas bleeds out through numerous tiles.

• Like 1

On 2.2.2019 at 9:55 PM, blash365 said:

@Ipsquiggle: Would it be possible to include a storage category for the remaining solid gases in this update? (actually it should be consumable ores, same as other gases).

I'd imagine the fix could be as simple as adding the elements to a configuration list.

Bug links:

Reveal hidden contents

@Ipsquiggle: Would you kindly?;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Duplicants should no longer get stuck in place if they have to hop down on to a horizontal door
  • Ladders can now directly replace other ladders

For the former... damnit. There goes one of the best methods pathing restricting dupes since using a duplicant access point doesn't cancel out the pathing, just restricts movement

For the latter, yeah... finally

5 hours ago, tzionut said:

Thank you @Ipsquiggle for the leaders :) long time request 

Drywall seen as tempshift plate is bug or feature? For me this prevent me from finish my airflow tiles in my hydrogen storage area. If is a feature i must rethink my storage areas.

This is mostly? intentional, you can't stack drywall behind tiles anymore.  Building in space is already a major pain and I hope they reverse that (and further make it possible to atomic swap drywall and tempshift plates ideally)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

When you replace a ladder/tile do you get the previous material back?  Didn't seem like it before though I didn't pay super close attention.

Yes, replacing does refund the material (same applies to repair by the by) and for tiles it did always place it on top of the tile. Not quite sure though in which direction it shifts (or if random) in case the top is solid but I always observed it when replacing my floors with metal... because someone had to sweep then..

2 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

It makes no sense at all, to not be able building doors over drywalls. You can build heavy machinery in front of them, and even solar panels can be covered. 

Yes, this need to be reverted. :mad:
Not being able to build over regular tiles is acceptable. But it should be possible to build over doors and airflow/mesh tiles.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Saturnus said:

There goes one of the best methods pathing restricting dupes since using a duplicant access point doesn't cancel out the pathing, just restricts movement

I feel your pain, but with pathing calculations moving to be multi-threaded, it makes a HUGE difference. Even on the test build on a laptop, it made enough of a difference that I don't feel the need to restrict pathing options.

The threshold for when I needed to go out of the way to restrict pathing was about 20fps, but with the same base from before QOLmk2 I'm getting 10-15fps increase on a 500+ cycle base. And that's including the test build logging tools hogging processer time.

Is there any hope that could be added new button in Job tree to promote dupe to the next stage in one click? Or something more smart to do promotions faster? After 24 dupes it's a bit a mess who was where and to find specific dupe to promote not simple. And is it possible for game to remember default selected priority on actions (dig, destroy etc) like it already did with priority on building? I constantly switch to priority 9.

26 minutes ago, swamprunner7 said:

Is there any hope that could be added new button in Job tree to promote dupe to the next stage in one click? Or something more smart to do promotions faster?

I would like a feature similair to the research tree.

=> Let me selcect a job that my duplicants should learn and make the duplicant change it´s current job if he mastered a previous one till he reaches his desired job.

(Let me set a new duplicant to be a rancher. So he will start as a farmhand and progress without further player interactions.)

• Like 2