[Game Update] - 273263

• Developer
  • Creature fertility factors reworked
    • All creatures have a base fertility gain (Wild or Tame)
    • Creatures that are Tame AND Happy get a large increase in fertility gain
    • Creatures that are Expecting or Confined do not gain fertility
  • Fixed water leaking through liquid permable walls on load.
  • Fixed performance spike caused by Fetch errand status item updating.
  • Fix for bug caused by LSHIFT drag straight line interacting poorly with LSHIFT sandbox tool hotkey modifier.
  • If a dupe starts harvesting a plant and that plant wilts, it should still drop a fruit. 
  • Dupes should no longer get stuck at the fixed capture point.
  • Dreckos now produce much more phosphorite.
  • Revised refinery sidescreen UI to better show multiple inputs/outputs.
  • Duplicants that recover from sunburn will no longer immediately get sunburn again.
  • Walls are now called Wallpaper.
  • Wallpaper is no longer disable-able.
  • Oil well "Depressurize" chore should now be properly prioritized.
  • Tempshift Plates now block gasses from escaping in to the backwall.
  • Fixed performance spike when revealing a cell that's part of a large cavity or when first revealing the surface.
  • Fixed crash that could occur when showing floating text outside the simulation grid.

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

7 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • If a dupe starts harvesting a plant and that plant wilts, it should still drop a fruit.

Thanks a ton.

7 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • Walls are now called Wallpaper

But i really didn't expect you to follow up on my little comment.

On 6.6.2018 at 10:54 PM, blash365 said:

Wallpaper or background wall would have been better words for it imho.

Kudos for that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Soulwind said:

So what effect does the fertility bonus have on shinebugs egg time? Is it enough to offset at least a good portion of the 10x reduction in egg mass?  I think they needed a reduction but 1/10th is a bit much

They practically fly out of incubators now.  Bug cannons.

33 minutes ago, Olimar said:

The "wallpaper" is that the greenish tiles you find in ruins?

The wallpaper is a background building that you are meant to use in the new space biome. normally space tiles will consume liquids and gases (that's what i heard, i havent been there yet), which prevents some designs from working (no cooling).

With those wallpapers you can change your rooms to act like normal areas on the comet.

Originally they were called "wall" which i confused me, because there are at least two ways to look at a wall (from the front and from the side).

• Thanks 1

Is anyone else getting weird temperature values from the new NatGas Geysers?  Both of mine say they're 150C, but their output after causing a vacuum isn't anywhere near that.  Both of these geysers had the same temperatures before and after analysis, so that's not it.  I was looking forward to seeing what I could do with a Nat Gas Gene that basically produced Steam... XD

2 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

Is anyone else getting weird temperature values from the new NatGas Geysers?  Both of mine say they're 150C, but their output after causing a vacuum isn't anywhere near that.  Both of these geysers had the same temperatures before and after analysis, so that's not it.  I was looking forward to seeing what I could do with a Nat Gas Gene that basically produced Steam... XD

You're in the same boat as people that can't accept that electrolyzers output is 70C, because it transfer's the heat so quickly you can't tell it's outputting at that temp.

Put an absylite enclosure (Doors transfer heat) around stuff to avoid the temperature transfer, then you will get to see the real temp of the output after it's run for a while. (assuming it doesn't block first because of pressure)

• Thanks 1

I thought the changes would allow me to make dirt, but a sieve running at full speed can't even generate enough dirt to supply 10 mealwood farms.

Having showers, lavatory, sinks and creating PW with the skimmer also doesn't even come close to generating enough PW to supply the sieve, so you run out of PW and generate even less dirt.

Fertilizer that need dirt and PW just seems impossible.

The Petro Generator makes 750 g/s PW and 500 g/s CO2 (Around 2 Kg/s PW?), but the sieve takes 5 Kilogram/s of PW to make polluted dirt. Leading me to thinking that I would need to run many generators without using the power to generate enough dirt for 10 mealwood farms and 1 fertilizer.

If we deserve to get more polluted dirt out of the sieve, I hope it will be something like changing it to take 2500 g/s water to make 2500 g/s PW, but keep the rest the same.

Edited by Miravlix

4 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

@Miravlix I'm confused. You're mentioning showers, lavs, sinks, skimmers and petro gens but you still need dirt for mealwood? It's supposed to be early game food. Move on.

Last I checked Drecko farming and fertilization takes mealwood farming and dirt both is end game.