Fix the ******* Rhinocebros

That's the only way they're going to kill you. If they didn't have that you could just fail as many times as you like since they wouldn't be any threat. It's a sorta built in timer to end-game after so long.

That said, Woodie can interrupt the buff.

35 minutes ago, Regen King said:

Been playing with a bunch of friends on Forge, Rhinos really love to do their cheer to give Permanent Damage Buffs and makes them unfun. We didn't have fun. Klei, fix this.

just negate their chant by saving ability bro, they are pretty ez pz.

Yeah the buffup is just a means to end the game if you slack too much. At one failed game we managed to kill both of them 3 times each until the damage was unbearable. With heal you could manage without problem , and on top of that you can have 2x PETRIFY that actualy holds them for 4-5 sec each so i dont see how its hard at this point.

Woodie can cancel every single buff if they're on point, and any other special works afaik so any team member should be able to theoretically. The hammer slam, for example, will cancel both rhinos at the same time if they're both within range of it (which they should be, to my liking anyway).

Removing/nerfing the mechanic would be a huge letdown. Just teach your team the requirements involved beforehand, and glhf. It's a great teamwork/timing skill check.

More like this pls Klei :D :encouragement:

4 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Eh, you guys make it seem easy, yet I only fail, my biggest issue is to kill them at the same time
I either want to see the rez timer to be a bit longer or them to actually get the damaged look when they are lower than half their HP

The key to winning is team coordination, even if you fail at killing them both all you need to do is focus your DPS on the newly revived Rhinocebro rather than try to finish off the one who revived him. By the 2nd or 3rd attempt the rhinocebro who keeps trying to revive will be so low that he should die very quickly. Even if you don't cancel any buffs, as long as you have two tanks on both (keeping them in melee range to prevent them ramming, which is usually what wipes the team) you should last long enough for those 2nd or 3rd attempt.

These guy's design is clearly to test your team coordination, if you increase the rez time even by a little bit then that kind of gets thrown out the window as the rev can be cancelled pretty easily since everyone tries to force their alts on him and will most likely die to even pub teams with no communication or coordination. Once you get a feel of their durability and have a team that will work together (just knowing what to do, not necessarily be good at it) then Rhinocebros are a cake walk, even more so if you have a woodie who can cancel buffs reliably.

I feel that if the rez is nerfed in any fashion, then they'll become weaker than duo boarillas.

16 hours ago, NorthicaN said:

I wish they give them like 3th tier look when they gonna die soon and when revive they go on second tier. First tier asthey are all okei look.

Yeah I do agree to a degree that it should be a wee bit easier to know when to time killing both of them. They arent too bad with a competent party that knows what they're doing but most the time I end up being teamed up with below average parties who wipe on rhinos should they even manage to get by boarrior.

Rhinos should take on an even more beaten up appearance when they're say... maybe below somewhere around 500-1000hp? It would make it a little easier to tell when you gotta time your quick kills on both.

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

IMO Rhinos are fine...

I agree. They aren't easy if playes don't pay attention which target they have or some expect the runner has to seperate them. I still get mad request to "run" and contradict others introduction to kill them at the same time... Most of them have not enough experience with the Rhinos.

3 minutes ago, axxel said:

I agree. They aren't easy if playes don't pay attention which target they have or some expect the runner has to seperate them. I still get mad request to "run" and contradict others introduction to kill them at the same time... Most of them have not enough experience with the Rhinos.

it's just about paying attention and switching targets after one is beaten... win 

Archived