Hamlet Update - October 29

• Developer
1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

About keeping the game.

Yeah, the FAQ doesn't mention that, only that the game will be removed from everyone's accounts after beta, which it will.

I see where he is coming with his post I think, but they never said that their plans wouldn't change, and this is a welcome one.

Thank you, Klei for being an amazing game studio I loved all your games and the charming animations of your trailers, My respect for you as a studio has been further increased by giving the hamlet DLC for free to beta testers, I loved the charming new world of the hamlet and I am excited to see it grow and add to the ds lore.

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Yeah, the FAQ doesn't mention that, only that the game will be removed from everyone's accounts after beta, which it will.

I see where he is coming with his post I think, but they never said that their plans wouldn't change, and this is a welcome one.

It literally just got edited. It's crossed out now so you can see what they meant.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

It literally just got edited. It's crossed out now so you can see what they meant.

Okay, so we'll keep the game for free as they said, but it won't be removed from our accounts? I thought it'd be removed and we'd only be able to play it in November, so that's why I was confused.

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Okay, so we'll keep the game for free as they said, but it won't be removed from our accounts? I thought it'd be removed and we'd only be able to play it in November, so that's why I was confused.

I'm a bit confused as well. I think the DLC itself stays but the beta through steam that makes it functional will go away and in November it'll function like a normal DLC.

49 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

As a thanks for all your outstanding feedback, all current beta testers will get to keep the game, for free.

Whoa! This is completely unexpected and astonishingly generous. Thank you so much! You really didn't have to do this. I already felt so compensated for my time reporting bugs by getting to play the beta for free in the first place. You guys over at Klei really are amazing. :wilson_love:

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

Well, I'm pissed off a bit cause I didn't play DS for many hours on Steam but on gog instead. Also because the FAQ wasn't right.

Part of it was probably just that. They wanted people to play the beta to report bugs not to be able to get the game free.

57 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

As a thanks for all your outstanding feedback, all current beta testers will get to keep the game, for free. Thanks for signing up and helping out, you all really knocked it out of the park, and it's very much appreciated. 

tumblr_inline_oua79xNxiI1tt9vnw_540.png.9139041bced7a90cd992bcb3d4d0b376.png

57 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

The team isn’t quite ready to call it out of Beta right now, so we’re going to fix a few more bugs, balance the game, introduce Wilba & the Roc, then launch it in Early Access on November 8.

Wait isn't that next week I'm not complaining 

Actually you can't play it until the november 8th, it's on the library, but when you open the game, all your saves from before the beta are there, and no Hamlet option when creating a new world. Can't wait to november 8!

Actually you can't play it until the november 8th, it's on the library, but when you open the game, all your saves from before the beta are there, and no Hamlet option when creating a new world. Can't wait to november 8!

Archived