Hamlet Update - October 29

• Developer

Hello everybody, 

First of all, a HUGE thanks to everybody participating in the beta right now. We have got so much feedback from you all (almost 12,000 of you!), it's really helped to energize the team and we're all super excited to launch Don't Starve: Hamlet in December.

Here is an update of our plans for Hamlet:

• As planned, the Beta phase of Hamlet ends today.

• As a thanks for all your outstanding feedback, all current beta testers will get to keep the game, for free. Thanks for signing up and helping out, you all really knocked it out of the park, and it's very much appreciated. 

• The price of Hamlet is going to be $6.99. We feel the amount of content that Hamlet has is worth a slightly higher price; we hope you agree! Players will also be able to purchase the new Megapack Plus, which is 33% off all the Don’t Starve franchise content, and you can complete the bundle and only purchase the part you do not currently own.

• We’ve received a lot of feedback that players want access to the game before December, and that it feels ready to play now.

The team isn’t quite ready to call it out of Beta right now, so we’re going to fix a few more bugs, balance the game, introduce Wilba & the Roc, then launch it in Early Access on November 8.

• Between November the 8th and launch, we will continue with more content and bug fix updates and prepare for the coming Aporkalypse.

Once again, thanks everybody for another great round of beta!

15 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

As a thanks for all your outstanding feedback, all current beta testers will get to keep the game, for free. Thanks for signing up and helping out, you all really knocked it out of the park, and it's very much appreciated. 

Wow I can't believe it! Thank You very much :)

19 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

all current beta testers will get to keep the game, for free

Klei wtf is this seriously! You giving away 12k copies of Hamlet? We dont deserve that imo and i feel bad now. I always want to give you money to support whatever you doing but seems that is impossible lately (probably for whole year)

MOTN remaster = free ... ok so i buy Hamlet although i dont play DS THAT much ... Hamlet? = FREE ... uhm oksoooo what now? :D 

3 minutes ago, t0panka said:

Klei wtf is this seriously! You giving away 12k copies of Hamlet? We dont deserve that imo and i feel bad now. I always want to give you money to support whatever you doing but seems that is impossible lately (probably for whole year)

MOTN remaster = free ... ok so i buy Hamlet although i dont play DS THAT much ... Hamlet? = FREE ... uhm oksoooo what now? :D 

I mean, if you REALLY need to throw money our way, you can buy a gift for a friend. =)

This is certainly unexpected, and also a great new... buuut, since it was mentioned that you guys are still adding stuff to the DLC through the time in early access, I would like to make a little bug clear (and suggest something to be done with said bug)

In the game the cute mobs, the pogs, can be be-friended by feeding something to them, and those who are be-friended some times are able to follow the player inside buildings, don't know if it was intentional or is just a bug (what a nice bug) but this could be fully implemented as a feature, by allowing the player to buy a "pet licence" from the local mayor, that would work as a method of taming the little guy, granting the player the ability to name it and have it follow you for even longer, as long as you keep it fed...
Ignore such suggestion if this is not the place for such, but it is something to take notice of, at least as a bug.

Just now, JoeW said:

I mean, if you REALLY need to throw money our way, you can buy a gift for a friend. =)

OH i forgot DST skins you sell in shop ... just bought the whole pack ... ok so its not that bad :p

And of course i will buy gifts ... all DS and DST stuff you released i bought 3 extra times for my little cousins ... they are 3 little psychopaths for DS :)

24 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

We have got so much feedback from you all (almost 12,000 of you!), it's really helped to energize the team and we're all super excited to launch Don't Starve: Hamlet in December.

[...]

• As a thanks for all your outstanding feedback, all current beta testers will get to keep the game, for free. Thanks for signing up and helping out, you all really knocked it out of the park, and it's very much appreciated. 

Doesn't fits with the FAQ made by JoeW 19 days ago...

12k £7 is quite a lot of money. I'm not going to complain but I hope you know what you're doing here guys! Something I felt when playing the beta is that the world feels a bit too cluttered I suppose, it feels like someone took a world and set everything to lots. I hope to see this be balanced out when the full DLC comes out.

Don't get me wrong, I see that the developers are all about the community and I really love receiving this wonderful DLC as gift, but these are quite the hefty money losses, you sure that's okay? I mean, as much as I appreciate a good and free DLC, you guys need food on the table, so to say! 

Archived