Hamlet Update - October 29

Honestly after the whole problem with registering in the beta and not getting it and now people get it for free makes me kind of sad :wilson_cry:
But anyway , i wasnt expecting to get em for free so nothing has changed, will still go and buy it.

从我第一次接触这个游戏开始,我就非常喜欢它。虽然它没有一个特别精致的画面,虽然它会让你随时死去,它仍然无法抗拒我对它的爱。我想说Klei没有你慷慨的语言。我希望你能继续开发更多游戏。我将一如既往地继续为您提供支持。再次感谢!

Thank you so much Jamie, and everyone else at Klei!

Not only for giving us beta folks Hamlet for free, that's awesome, but also for all of your hard work on the expansion and keeping Don't Starve alive. 5 years after discovering it, DS is still one of my top favorite games. As always, I'm impressed by your commitment and dedication to your craft and your fans. Much love to you all.

Is it rude to say I expected this? It's a thing Klei does, as Michi and others said. Doesn't mean I ain't grateful, thanks a lot guys!

Do you plan any *big* performance fixes though? Only *big* performance fixes would allow me to play, because I really couldn't do so during beta, Hamlet definitely is less wooden PC-friendly compared to the rest of bunch.
 If not then is there any way to give my copy away to someone who could play it? I know it's not really possible to do something like that myself so that's why I'm asking devs.

I'd like to say I have really really enjoyed playing Hamlet these weeks. Everything in the game looks beautiful, it was really fun trying to learn how everything works, the difficulty was just right for me. The exclamations the pig town dwellers come out with are hilarious. The beasties are adorable. The trading mechanism is really fun. I can't wait to play more!

I was already sad i could not be part of the beta. :(
6,99$ sounds pretty fair to me. I can't wait to lay my hands on it.

47 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Do you plan any *big* performance fixes though? Only *big* performance fixes would allow me to play, because I really couldn't do so during beta, Hamlet definitely is less wooden PC-friendly compared to the rest of bunch.

What specs do you have? I hope it runs smoothly on my pc otherwise I'll have to buy a new one. No way I'll survive without playing don't starve.

Wow... I've bought both Don't Starve games and all the possible DLCs that you guys made and now you are giving away almost 12k copies of this DLC... You are honestly the greatest game company that I've ever seen in my life... You really made my day.. Thank you so much for your kindness !!!!! :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

Great, I missed the beta sign-up by a couple hours and jealously watched videos/streams of it for days, and they got it for free now.

I mean I'm not mad or anything, I was willing to pay anyways -and I think it deserves more than 7$- , but it makes me sad missing it by 2 hours.

Thanks for the update.

4 hours ago, Dayan54 said:

What specs do you have? I hope it runs smoothly on my pc otherwise I'll have to buy a new one. No way I'll survive without playing don't starve.

Pretty ****e, that's all there is to say.
Buy the DLC and if it runs really badkly just get a refund :)

As someone who has been busy working away and totally missed the beta I want to say the following:

I have watched a number of YouTubers publishing some lets plays of this latest DLC and closely followed the forums - have fallen head over heels with this new DLC.  Whilst gutted that I missed the beta boat I will gladly pay for Hamlet.  

As always the content and thought that has gone into this from Klei's team is astounding and the support from the testers wonderful, I can't wait to play and am so happy to read that the alpha has been bought forward and find it very heartening to see that all the testers have been provided with the copy for free - this is a fantastic and well deserved gesture.  

Keep up the excellent work Klei, I shall certainly be purchasing this the day the second its available.  

On 29/10/2018 at 7:58 PM, Bigfoot said:

Hello everybody, 

First of all, a HUGE thanks to everybody participating in the beta right now. We have got so much feedback from you all (almost 12,000 of you!), it's really helped to energize the team and we're all super excited to launch Don't Starve: Hamlet in December.

Here is an update of our plans for Hamlet:

• As planned, the Beta phase of Hamlet ends today.

• As a thanks for all your outstanding feedback, all current beta testers will get to keep the game, for free. Thanks for signing up and helping out, you all really knocked it out of the park, and it's very much appreciated. 

• The price of Hamlet is going to be $6.99. We feel the amount of content that Hamlet has is worth a slightly higher price; we hope you agree! Players will also be able to purchase the new Megapack Plus, which is 33% off all the Don’t Starve franchise content, and you can complete the bundle and only purchase the part you do not currently own.

• We’ve received a lot of feedback that players want access to the game before December, and that it feels ready to play now.

The team isn’t quite ready to call it out of Beta right now, so we’re going to fix a few more bugs, balance the game, introduce Wilba & the Roc, then launch it in Early Access on November 8.

• Between November the 8th and launch, we will continue with more content and bug fix updates and prepare for the coming Aporkalypse.

Once again, thanks everybody for another great round of beta!

Thanks very much! It was a pleasure to be a beta player!!!!  I am ready to play the 8nov. It such an excellent DLC, thank you klei!!!!!

On 10/29/2018 at 8:58 PM, Bigfoot said:

As a thanks for all your outstanding feedback, all current beta testers will get to keep the game, for free. Thanks for signing up and helping out, you all really knocked it out of the park, and it's very much appreciated. 

There aren't enough words in the English dictionary to express my happiness for these wonderful news, Klei. :wilson_love: I can't wait to see what you have in store for the future, amazing for certain, you never cease to amaze me.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:58 PM, Bigfoot said:

Hello everybody, 

First of all, a HUGE thanks to everybody participating in the beta right now. We have got so much feedback from you all (almost 12,000 of you!), it's really helped to energize the team and we're all super excited to launch Don't Starve: Hamlet in December.

Here is an update of our plans for Hamlet:

• As planned, the Beta phase of Hamlet ends today.

• As a thanks for all your outstanding feedback, all current beta testers will get to keep the game, for free. Thanks for signing up and helping out, you all really knocked it out of the park, and it's very much appreciated. 

• The price of Hamlet is going to be $6.99. We feel the amount of content that Hamlet has is worth a slightly higher price; we hope you agree! Players will also be able to purchase the new Megapack Plus, which is 33% off all the Don’t Starve franchise content, and you can complete the bundle and only purchase the part you do not currently own.

• We’ve received a lot of feedback that players want access to the game before December, and that it feels ready to play now.

The team isn’t quite ready to call it out of Beta right now, so we’re going to fix a few more bugs, balance the game, introduce Wilba & the Roc, then launch it in Early Access on November 8.

• Between November the 8th and launch, we will continue with more content and bug fix updates and prepare for the coming Aporkalypse.

Once again, thanks everybody for another great round of beta!

Great!! Thank you! How soon until we get to play again?  I absolutely love this version! I can't wait to get in again and play.  I'm putting my beta video together now and it will be up soon. It was so hard at first :)

6 minutes ago, PinkADink said:

Great!! Thank you! How soon until we get to play again?  I absolutely love this version! I can't wait to get in again and play.  I'm putting my beta video together now and it will be up soon. It was so hard at first :)

November 8th.

Archived