Weird science

Tanshu

The gas-mask one is hilarious! XD
I wish I could wear one of those, I actually get the exact same kind of allergy... I have very unpleasant reactions to oak pollen, which becomes air-borne in the spring. It makes my eyes itch impossibly and my nose run and my throat sting. Like a cold with a soar throat and horribly itchy eyes. I can't even explain how itchy it makes my eyes feel, since nothing else ever makes them feel that awful. But the eyes are by far the worst part of it.
I live near the ocean so that the wind will blow the pollen away, and in a tropical place with fewer oaks.  When I can, I think I want to live on some tropical oak-free island. 

In the meantime, though, anytime I go inland I suffer. Just like the Hay Fever in Hamlet. 
Sure wish I had Wilson's gasmask there. I've got no problem sacrificing 'dapperness' to wear it, no matter how much Maxwell might complain. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

How well do you think the game visualizes hay fever? I don't suffer from it myself but I had some weird vicarious fits while playing, making my nose itch and eyes water irl just from looking at the growing filter. Now I'm wondering if it's just that accurate or I'm just a weirdo. :p

38 minutes ago, Tanshu said:

ow well do you think the game visualizes hay fever? I don't suffer from it myself but I had some weird vicarious fits while playing, making my nose itch and eyes water irl just from looking at the growing filter. Now I'm wondering if it's just that accurate or I'm just a weirdo

I only saw videos of the beta, I didn't get in on it and haven't gotten hamlet yet, sadly,
But from what I can tell...

Visual filter, the green around the screen, could indicate the itching of eyes, and I noticed the sneezing to drain sanity and cause the character to act as if they had been hit by an enemy - Definitely fitting to what it might be like to have allergies in the wilderness. 

You can pick those nettles in the jungle and make a crockpot food that gives you allergy relief for an amount of time, I believe. 

Also, I just noticed your icon. Is that the Necromancer from Swords And Soldiers? 

56 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Also, I just noticed your icon. Is that the Necromancer from Swords And Soldiers? 

okay WOAH I have NEVER had anyone recognize him before!! All the kudos to you!!! For real that is. incredible

I was really in love with the character especially around when I made this forum account about 5 years ago so I drew myself this icon at the time. It's the only thing from that period that aged well lol. The fact you're familiar with him does my heart really good. :')

Edited by Tanshu
  • Like 1

Just now, Tanshu said:

okay WOAH I have NEVER had anyone recognize him before!! All the kudos to you!!! For real that is. incredible

I was really in love with the character especially around when I made this forum account about 5 years ago so I drew myself this icon at the time. It's the only thing from that period that aged well lol. The fact you're familiar with him does my heart really well. :')

I'm familiar because....

I LOVED THAT CHARACTER TOO! >8D
The creepy grin is unmistakable. 

There isn't as much content or focus for that game, though, as compared to Don't Starve. I just had it on my kindlefire for a while, playing it on road trips. 
But I'd probably be the sort of person to try and make him into a Don't Starve mod. 

6 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

There isn't as much content or focus for that game, though, as compared to Don't Starve. I just had it on my kindlefire for a while, playing it on road trips. 
But I'd probably be the sort of person to try and make him into a Don't Starve mod. 

Yeah it seemed to have widely flown under the radar. S&S 2 just came out on Steam though so I'll be giving that one another go some time! The Aztecs don't make a return sadly but there's some other really great character designs in there as well. :>

I've toyed with the idea of a necromancer character mod too! I wanted to give him the ability to reanimate the random skeletons you find scattered across the world. All of that was way too ambitious for me to execute though. :p

Spoiler

Bonus fimo sculpture

DSC03543.thumb.jpg.1e7ae81f732b54cc149c462f4f56d4e1.jpg

To anyone else wondering what is going on here I'll post more DS stuff soon I Swear

• Like 2

On 11/10/2018 at 10:06 AM, Tanshu said:

mm.gif.a623e5bbc1efbaa2ba3e2fa6f8a387bf.gif

The movement of this is really nice, it looks like the trees are swaying in the wind or something. I didn't notice the eyes at first and thought it looked like a really pleasant, peaceful piece...
Now I see the eyes. 
Great job though! This must be one of those things that happens when you start getting crazy, like rabbits into beardlings. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I saw this the other day. Very nicely animated and very eerie. I might use "birchnut eyes" as an insanity idea or something in the future. As long as you don't mind ofcourse ^^;

Thank you very much and go ahead! It's something I thought about a lot as a kid that I felt would fit in the general aesthetic of the game, I'd be happy to see it carried on. :>