The Ages of each character? (guesses)

Some backstory: Me and my lads were talking about Don't Starve and we all questioned the ages of each character, since its never really told except for Maxwell, who is the oldest, so I was gonna put my list of what I think the ages for them were, and we'd love some feedback on what everyone thinks about it. (keep in mind this is what we came up with and not official, this is out thoughts lol)

Wilson: 22-27 years old, since he can grow a beard  :wilson_bearded:

Willow: 16-20ish? She still has a toy bear, which leads me to believe she is on the younger side of things.. but idk for sure...

Wolfgang: 26-29. I think he would be a little bit older than Wilson, but not as old as Maxwell, and he seems to be well built for it.

Wendy: 16-19. Wendy should definitely be the youngest, since she has the highest pitched voice and in her picture is seen to be pulling petals out of a flower.

WX-78: Hes a robot so idk man lol

Wickerbottom: 40-50? She is the second oldest of all the characters, and she is still old, but has a great memory, as seen by her vast knowledge when inspecting things.

Woodie: 30-38. Nothing interesting here, just a guess since I don't really play him....

Webber: 16-17 He is obviously still a child, proven by his very playful voice lines and his constant talking about his family and pets.

Wes: 0-99 Wes OP Klei plz nerf

Maxwell: 60-70. Hes old, is always talking about him being old, seems to have forgotten a lot of things about his OWN WORLD and talks of being dapper.\

Hope this got some of you thinking about how old they are and I appreciate feedback. Thanks for reading.

Confirmed?  Where?  (Yes we're doing this again.  Not that I immediately doubt everyone, but it's just REALLY easy for popular fanon to get confused with canon.)

Anyway yeah, I'm perfectly _willing_ to think of Wendy as Webber as kids, but that kinda doesn't jive with what we know of the timeline if we want to say that Wendy and Abigail are "the twins" Jack Carter talks about, and yes they totally are.  So it's confusing.  Wendy is 10 going on 17, as far as I can figure out. 

Webber definitely has a little-kid kind of personality going on, and there's no actually-stated dates regarding him, so it's all good.

I think Klei actually said somewhere that Wilson is "in his mid-to-late(?) 20s" and Willow is early 20s.  The others I dunno about.  Winona is older than Charlie and maybe knew Woodie at some point, maybe she's near his age?  Whatever _that_ is.  He strikes me as older than some of the others.  Wolfgang was already an adult strongman in a circus in the 1900's, so he's one of the older characters too.

And that's all I got.  : P

...Notorious

1 hour ago, kurzaen said:

Some backstory: Me and my lads were talking about Don't Starve and we all questioned the ages of each character, since its never really told except for Maxwell, who is the oldest, so I was gonna put my list of what I think the ages for them were, and we'd love some feedback on what everyone thinks about it. (keep in mind this is what we came up with and not official, this is out thoughts lol)

Wendy: 16-20ish? She still has a toy bear, which leads me to believe she is on the younger side of things.. but idk for sure...

Wolfgang: 26-29. I think he would be a little bit older than Wilson, but not as old as Maxwell, and he seems to be well built for it.

Wendy: 16-19. Wendy should definitely be the youngest, since she has the highest pitched voice and in her picture is seen to be pulling petals out of a flower.

Wickerbottom: 40-50? She is the second oldest of all the characters, and she is still old, but has a great memory, as seen by her vast knowledge when inspecting things.

Woodie: 30-38. Nothing interesting here, just a guess since I don't really play him....

Webber: 16-17 He is obviously still a child, proven by his very playful voice lines and his constant talking about his family and pets.

Maxwell: 60-70. Hes old, is always talking about him being old, seems to have forgotten a lot of things about his OWN WORLD and talks of being dapper.\

Hope this got some of you thinking about how old they are and I appreciate feedback. Thanks for reading.

You have Wendy twice, I think you mean Willow. Wickerbottom seems older, lots of grey hair, so maybe 50-60 maybe older. Webber seems more like 8-12 and Wendy  little younger. 

Wilson: early 30's (31-34 or something)

Willow: Early 20's-late teens (18-22)

Wendy: Pre-teens (11-13, or 14 if you will)

Woodie: very late 30's-early 40's (39-44)

Wicker: late 60's-70 (67-70)

Wes: No real clues for this one, perhaps somewhere around 30

WX: Depends. If he is indeed one of Wagstaff's creations, it could be something around half of Maxwell's age.

Winona: This is a weird one. She would have to be older than Charlie, but look's around Wilson's age. I would say 28-32, making Charlie rather young.

Webber: Possibly teens/pre-teens biologically, stuck in the mindset of a child (10-12, mentally 7-9)

Wolfgang: Late 40's (47-49)

Maxwell: Early 40's biologicly, somewhere around the 50's counting the constant in real world time, millenia old in constant time.

Wigfrid: Mid 20's (24-26)

Wilbur (yes, I'm going there): Middle aged (9-11).

Warly: His hair looks like it's greying a bit, so late 40's perhaps (46-48)

Woodlegs: His hair has turned white with age, but he's still capable. Mid 60's (64-67)

4 hours ago, kurzaen said:

Wendy: 16-20ish? She still has a toy bear, which leads me to believe she is on the younger side of things.. but idk for sure...

You substitued Wendy with Willow in the second point.

6 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Wilson: early 30's (31-34 or something)

Willow: Early 20's-late teens (18-22)

Wendy: Pre-teens (11-13, or 14 if you will)

Woodie: very late 30's-early 40's (39-44)

Wicker: late 60's-70 (67-70)

Wes: No real clues for this one, perhaps somewhere around 30

WX: Depends. If he is indeed one of Wagstaff's creations, it could be something around half of Maxwell's age.

Winona: This is a weird one. She would have to be older than Charlie, but look's around Wilson's age. I would say 28-32, making Charlie rather young.

Webber: Possibly teens/pre-teens biologically, stuck in the mindset of a child (10-12, mentally 7-9)

Wolfgang: Late 40's (47-49)

Maxwell: Early 40's biologicly, somewhere around the 50's counting the constant in real world time, millenia old in constant time.

Wigfrid: Mid 20's (24-26)

Wilbur (yes, I'm going there): Middle aged (9-11).

Warly: His hair looks like it's greying a bit, so late 40's perhaps (46-48)

Woodlegs: His hair has turned white with age, but he's still capable. Mid 60's (64-67)

You missed Walani >:C

In years:

Wilson (30s) - I read that it is supposed to be his age at the time he entered The Constant. Cannot confirm though.

Willow (20s) - Same as Wilson.

Wendy (14-16) - Could be younger, could be older, but who knows really. She seems like an angsty teenager to me at least.

Wickerbottom (as old as time) - She is a witch, only she knows how old is she. Though being honest, between 60 and 70.

Maxwell (Wickerbottom's levels of old) - He already stated he had lived for a long time already when you meet him on the throne. Whether he aged or not is another matter. At the time he entered The Constant he probably was in his mid to late 40s.

Woodie (30s) - Gives me this vibe of "old, but not as old as he looks".

Webber (8-12) - Stated to be a kid (I think), so it only makes sense.

Winona (30s) - I imagine Charlie is in her late 20s, so Winona must be in her early to mid 30s.

WX-78 (2-3) - Might be even less than that considering he is a robot made at the time. But Webber is supposedly the youngest character.

Wes (???) - Really no idea, maybe between Willow and Wilson?

Wolfgang (40s) - He is a war veteran (or so his quotes suggest), so I imagine he is in his very late 30s, or early 40s.

Wigfrid (16-18) - Another teenager, but looks older. Might be in her mid 20s though.

Wilbur (???) - I don't know the life expectancy of monkeys, but we will go with old by monkey standards.

Walani (20s) - Young adult fed on life. Makes sense to me.

Warly (30s-50s) - Looks old? I don't know, is what makes sense in my head.

Woodlegs (40-60s) - A pirate life ain't easy, so he might be younger than he looks. I still threw in the others just in case.

I'll throw in a couple chimes myself cuz why not

Wilson: defo his early 30's Im pretty sure someone confirmed that

Willow: same as wilson but early 20's

Wolfgang: I honestly don't know but considering he was in the army already he's probably in his mid-late 30's

Wendy: Definitely a teen or child Ima say around 11-14 but to be honest it could be anywhere between 10-16

Wicker: Probably in her 50's or even 60's I don't think I need much explaining I would probably say in her mid-late 60's thought considering her vignette commenting about her love of writing part of her effort to combat memory fog in her old age

WX-78: Nobody Knows

Woodie: Probably his 30's maybe his 40's Despite playing him a lot I honestly could never pinpoint that number

Webber: Somewhere around 8-12 as others have said. He looks adorable, acts like a child, and unlike with other characters Woodie examines refer to him as "little buddy" (same with Wendy) rather than "bud" which he uses for most other characters with occasional exception such as Wicker.

Wigfrid: I would assume mid 20's but I honestly have no clue her acting is so hardcore she might as well be 50 and just act so well that she can ignore side effects of her age

Maxwell: As of now probably over 100 considering how he talks of being on the throne for an eternity he doesn't know the length of but considering he was probably in his late 30's upon entry to the constant he has got to be rivaling Wicker as of now

Winona: I would assume around Wilson's age or a little older considering charlie looks relatively young and being the older sister she's probably around 2-4 years older

Walani: early 20's this one isn't hard to guess

Warly: He's a good chef and seems to be in good condition but the slight grey in hair makes me think a bit on the older side and probably in his early 40's

Wilbur: I'm not even gonna guess I don't have a pet monkey and am too lazy to put monkey age average into my search history so I honestly have no clue but being a king he's probably at least middle aged if his line runs on a monarchy like most king titles would

Woodlegs: I don't know but the grey white hair that is more prominent than Warly makes me think in his 50's or 60's

I'm sure I could be more accurate if I looked for the examines that refer to other characters in DST more than just Woodie's but I'm waay to lazy and someone else has probably sorted that out by now anyway.

19 hours ago, kurzaen said:

I would say he's a lot younger than 16-17, like 6 or 7. He bonds with Wendy, mentions about playing with toys and bath toys.

Probly an old topic but hasn't anyone taking characters that might have mental health issues ? For instance willow with her teddy maybe by her mental health it's the only thing that calms her and prevents her burning stuff, it could explain how she seems to be immature and childish.

I don't understand why people insist on aging up Wendy when she was confirmed a child, she's like eight. Also I think its also weird that people don't remember that Willow is 20 and Wilson is 30, which was also confirmed. Wigfrid had to be at least 20 but not a child, I understand in the Forge trailer we see how small she is in height but I don't think she's a child actress just because she's too physically strong. She almost does as much damage as Wolfgang so if she was 14, that be one buff baby (lol). Wicker is definitely the oldest, she even makes comments about Maxwell being a "young" lad, she talks like a grandma because she's most likely oldest, but Maxwell would have to be the second eldest. 

Maxwell's age is hard but he has to be in his late 40's, he wasn't that old when he went to the constant but I think him doing the dark arts along with stress made him look older significantly. I don't remember where the post of the timeline is but everyone else came into the constant from at least the 1920's and down so it kinda helps you align ages. Wilson was the last to enter, Maxwell enter the constant in 1906.

8 minutes ago, Ali Bun said:

Wigfrid had to be at least 20 but not a child, I understand in the Forge trailer we see how small she is in height

unknown.png

Everyone is extremely off-model in the Forge trailer. I wouldn't use it as a source for the characters' physical appearance at all

1 minute ago, Field Field said:

unknown.png

Everyone is extremely off-model in the Forge trailer. I wouldn't use it as a source for the characters' physical appearance at all

Yeah, I don't think she is that small, just saying that in case someone mentions her height is small so therefore she is young... But yeah everyone's off model heh.

I'm just gonna chip in with the guesses because I've put a little thought into it before. 

• Wilson - I've always thought 30's. He seems to be a scientist down on his luck, perhaps even having a midlife crisis when he meets Maxwell. :wilson_curious:
  • Willow - 20's. I think the mental issues theory explains a lot for the bear, and well... she is a pyro. So she obviously has confirmed problems. Her character quotes seem mature enough to me as well. 
  • Wendy: I tend to think 12-ish. 8-14. Sure, like Willow you could say her character quotes are quite mature, but they are also dark. I believe Wendy is just traumatized over the death of her sister, and the fact she can follow her around as a ghost. Plus her character art always looks like a child to me, unlike Willow.
  • Wickerbottom - Early to late 50's. Her art is always portrayed with wrinkles, but I also think perhaps her inability to sleep and how she was always studying outside the constant, probably contributed to that. 
  • Maxwell - Physically 40's-60's. Actuality the oldest. 
  • Woodie - Early to late 30's. He gives me that middle of life vibe.
  • Webber - Def a kid. Like, 8-10. He's younger than Wendy I think, and as said I don't believe she is too old herself. Just looking at his Gorge costume, it feels obvious, but his character quotes too make me think so.
  • Winona - Honestly I haven't put much thought into her character since you don't really see her too much, so I'm going to say late 20's, early 30's. I tend to agree with someone who said she should be a bit older than Charlie, and I think Charlie would be in her late 20's.
  • WX-78 - UNCALCULATED. Again I'm willing to go along with someone else's theory that he's half the age of Max, but really, I don't know?
  • Wes - Early 20's. He seems like a young man to me.
  • Wolfgang - Late 30's, early 40's. He has that real world old timey strong man look, and they usually look about that age to me too.
  • Wigfrid - Late teens. I wouldn't say more than 20, less than 16. She idealizes her profession & being a warrior, refuses to eat healthy, and is yet still very strong. 
  • Wilbur - He's a monkey. 5? xD
  • Walani - She's so laid back, and reminds me of your typical chilled out teenager or young adult. So maybe 16-23.
  • Warly - Early 30's to early 40's. I know a lot of people think he's older because of his hair, but he comes off as another middle lifer to me. Premature grey is also common in high stress situations. x3
  • Woodlegs - Late 40's to early 60's. He's obviously old, but again, stress? I mean he's a pirate, and that isn't the life for me. Being out in the sun will turn you into a raisin before your time.~*

16 hours ago, AnitaCoffee said:

I'm just gonna chip in with the guesses because I've put a little thought into it before. 

• Wilson - I've always thought 30's. He seems to be a scientist down on his luck, perhaps even having a midlife crisis when he meets Maxwell. :wilson_curious:
  • Willow - 20's. I think the mental issues theory explains a lot for the bear, and well... she is a pyro. So she obviously has confirmed problems. Her character quotes seem mature enough to me as well. 
  • Wendy: I tend to think 12-ish. 8-14. Sure, like Willow you could say her character quotes are quite mature, but they are also dark. I believe Wendy is just traumatized over the death of her sister, and the fact she can follow her around as a ghost. Plus her character art always looks like a child to me, unlike Willow.
  • Wickerbottom - Early to late 50's. Her art is always portrayed with wrinkles, but I also think perhaps her inability to sleep and how she was always studying outside the constant, probably contributed to that. 
  • Maxwell - Physically 40's-60's. Actuality the oldest. 
  • Woodie - Early to late 30's. He gives me that middle of life vibe.
  • Webber - Def a kid. Like, 8-10. He's younger than Wendy I think, and as said I don't believe she is too old herself. Just looking at his Gorge costume, it feels obvious, but his character quotes too make me think so.
  • Winona - Honestly I haven't put much thought into her character since you don't really see her too much, so I'm going to say late 20's, early 30's. I tend to agree with someone who said she should be a bit older than Charlie, and I think Charlie would be in her late 20's.
  • WX-78 - UNCALCULATED. Again I'm willing to go along with someone else's theory that he's half the age of Max, but really, I don't know?
  • Wes - Early 20's. He seems like a young man to me.
  • Wolfgang - Late 30's, early 40's. He has that real world old timey strong man look, and they usually look about that age to me too.
  • Wigfrid - Late teens. I wouldn't say more than 20, less than 16. She idealizes her profession & being a warrior, refuses to eat healthy, and is yet still very strong. 
  • Wilbur - He's a monkey. 5? xD
  • Walani - She's so laid back, and reminds me of your typical chilled out teenager or young adult. So maybe 16-23.
  • Warly - Early 30's to early 40's. I know a lot of people think he's older because of his hair, but he comes off as another middle lifer to me. Premature grey is also common in high stress situations. x3
  • Woodlegs - Late 40's to early 60's. He's obviously old, but again, stress? I mean he's a pirate, and that isn't the life for me. Being out in the sun will turn you into a raisin before your time.~*

I wanted to say Gorge skins aren't canon but they are

Archived