Screenshot showcase

I know this is a mod but i loved having the opportunity to play an event I missed. This was my first win at the Gorge after probably 6 games (and we managed to win just my friend and I !)
I highly recommend people trying Gorge if you haven't already. The cosmetics are lovely and the game mechanics are pretty challenging if you have never heard of the Gorge or seen anyone play the mode.

20201006012950_1.thumb.jpg.486454d0c7e41a1f1f9f9d08f4d01eb0.jpg

How's that for cave generation?? Even though I love my 3k days world to death this masterpiece of a world really caught my attention.

It's got everything I always wanted.

Ancient Guardian on day ONE? Yes.

cavesmap.thumb.jpg.2e1e30cdf3e1edb0cec9778b5264ee3e.jpg

A few screenshots from my most recent play session of my Island Adventures playthrough. Decided to spend just about my whole dry season caving and doing some ruins stuff.

Found atrium within telepoof range, that's always nice.

20201008133821_1.thumb.jpg.142a8eb0646d5f0c80479b4de67bd0a9.jpg

After taking some time getting thulecite crowns and heading back up to grab the magiluminessence I forgot, I went and killed Ancient Guardian. (As usual to my solo playthroughs, this was without cheesing) I usually use dark swords here, but I felt like giving the cutlass supreme a little love.

20201008143044_1.thumb.jpg.390c879a3f3b90c5dcabda678feac591.jpg

And for the big reason why I went through the trouble to go kill ancient guardian? Simple, the one and only place in my entire world I can find pipspooks, the labyrinth graveyard. After almost 700 days, I can finally get mourning glory.

20201008143215_1.thumb.jpg.3896917955734dd51590c3883451d3d2.jpg

I had 3 pipspooks in the labyrinth graveyard, and managed to get a total of 19 mourning glories from them, I have since crafted them into 3 spectral cure-alls and 3 nightshade nostrums. I hope that's enough for bee queen as getting more elixirs means taking the trip back to the labyrinth again to hunt pipspooks.

After spending almost the entirety of dry season in the ruins, I head back up and go home. After getting home, feeding my almost starved to death bird and refuelling my flingomatic, I decide to add a new sculpture to my collection.

20201008152526_1.thumb.jpg.0f5d59a120e18b0f61e0853c85976789.jpg

(Glommer buddy gets to observe all my sculptures >.<)

Not far after, day 701 arrives, and a new mild season comes.

20201008153648_1.thumb.jpg.9e4bde9713d7a490d121b5b2e1963417.jpg

20201008153907_1.thumb.jpg.6201064deffc1ef23f500715a0318365.jpg

Next up is Bee Queen prep I guess, something most wendy mains would've likely done before first winter, but hey, cut me some slack, Killing the bosses isn't the main goal and I'm also just going at my own pace, also the whole "Pipspooks only in the labyrinth" thing made me have to hold off bee queen for so long.

Bee Queen is a required kill in this run, namely due to feast and famine's crown jello and turkish delight, both which require royal jelly. I guess bundling wraps will also be nice, could use them for krampus farming in the caves via doydoys.

Playing as Charlie some more...

vogueinginthedarkness.png.c1cbab1b7ad11fb397e42359f4cc6145.png

VOGUE!  Just because nobody else can see you, doesn't mean you can't show off. Also I just thought the plants looked cool this way.  : P

satanicritualplace.thumb.png.33b2bbf0a6fca324feae506cc0b0805f.png

Wow, THIS doesn't look like a Satanic ritual place at night, or anything.  It even comes with a free bubbling lava pit!  Happy Hallowed Nights, everybody!

littlecharlie.png.39f72808d48ea526e5fdba420f6d8815.png

As someone who is 5'1 rounding up...I hear ya, Charlie. I hear ya.

insanityinthedark.png.da8db6af3572c8c5c7b6cb88e46932a9.png

Today I Found Out:  If you start going insane while in moggle-vision mode, things actually start to get BRIGHTER...!
Also those trees are _glowing_ red.  Wow.

shadowonshadowaction.thumb.png.f127d2c0aef1c678a7d238f54cb23e35.png

SHADOW-ON-SHADOW VIOLENCE!  When minions go bad...
Notice that now I'm all the way insane, IT'S ALMOST FRIGGIN' DAYTIME!  Dusk, anyway.

charliescanadianthanksgiving.thumb.png.2456685ff0ef83ecfdc7cc43e171fb70.png

Now that absolutely nothing has happened, Charlie prepares for Canadian Thanksgiving!  :)
(What, you DON'T locally source your turkeys with a rusty scythe?  I thought everyone did that!)

dstff.png

Last but not least, here's my rendition of DST as a parody oldschool Final Fantasy game (the names on the side are taken from LITERALLY a screenshot of the first game, and the background is something I drew myself for a game that never got off the ground years ago), from that thread about "What if DST had RPG style combat?"  Yes, I did have way too much fun with this.  : P

...Notorious

10 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

what?? how?? mods or no?

Nope, no mods that contributed to kidnapping Pearl here.

You know the out of bounds exploits players can use to push them off the world edge? Those work for Pearl! So I used the gates and statues trick for getting her onto a boat, and then I did it again to get her off the boat. Finally I just pushed her to spawn and caged her in.

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Nope, no mods that contributed to kidnapping Pearl here.

You know the out of bounds exploits players can use to push them off the world edge? Those work for Pearl! So I used the gates and statues trick for getting her onto a boat, and then I did it again to get her off the boat. Finally I just pushed her to spawn and caged her in.

Interesting, well done! Easy lure trades etc and a cute addition/company at base. 

Just now, GelatinousCube said:

cute addition/company at base. 

This is the ONLY reason I do it, haha. I cant resist having a cute angry grandma crab at my base.

Another thing, if you ever want to return her back to her home for whatever reason. You can use the telelocator staff on her which will always return her to her home.

So I started up a new world, and...

willowhitsthebeach.thumb.png.e120a38bc16a310e7a22fc134434e317.png

Wait a minute!  This is not my beautiful forest!  This is not my beautiful plain!  My god, Bernie!  What have we done?
(aka I felt like trying out "Island Adventures" again.  It has changed a LOOOOOOOT since I last used it...)

Also what the heck shipwreck throws its _cargo_ ALL over the beach, but leaves the actual boat itself completely invisible?  : P

BONKonthehead.thumb.png.bb67d57e2b554bb20bba6e4f1d9dec16.png

BONK. I KNEW you were gonna do that, tree.  I just knew it.

seafireflies.thumb.png.577b468869ec75f7383bc83c37797de1.png

Hangin' with the sea fireflies.  :)

noseoutofmybusiness.png.6683cab278d9d23511a4f4e2ebb64812.png

I just lightly brushed past this thing and it chased me for DAYS!!  Seriously, it never stopped!  Get your stupidly sharp nose out of my damn business!  I've gotta be out of your range SOMEtime...right...?

I thought I was gonna die from starvation because I COULDN'T STOP TO EAT, but, nope.  It was my boat falling apart instead. That's right, my picking the wrong direction to sail and then running into _this one stupid thing_ offed me in less than 7 days.

OOF.

...Notorious

Is it, Lucy? Is it really?

(AKA, I've never gotten this set-piece before, and, after several tall-bird deaths when I first played DS, I have a bit of trauma and am not happy with this development. Fitting that I should be playing the bird-hater at the time.)

20201006184100_1.thumb.jpg.d5acdcd46140d69d65008ae0cd9cf873.jpg

I HAVE TAMED A BEEFALO. She is my Beefalo friend and I will attempt to carefully learn how to fight better with my Beefalo friend. But not Hound waves. I post this to mark this day number, as I am going to see how long my Beefalo friend stays alive. I do not rollback. That is cheating.

I do not have a brush. I accidentally hit her once when I spam-clicked to feed one-too many times. I didn't follow any guides, just went off of memory and my (scarce, very very un-prepared) resources for doing so. Yay Twiggy Trees. She ate a lot of their droppings. A lot.

20201011011229_1.thumb.jpg.1b5e964a81fe025cadc07e525cdb7fc5.jpg

Psst hey Beefalo experts what are some surefire ways to get your Beefalo killed so I can try and not do that? No other players, just me.

Edit for question: I wanna go sailing. I don't know much. I found Pearl's island and a small boringish but clearly Lunar island. Okay idea or terrible idea to take her to Lunar island? I don't want to look stuff up just asking for hints of how bad of an idea that would or wouldn't be.

1 hour ago, AlternateMew said:

what are some surefire ways to get your Beefalo killed

Is it ornery? I cant tell because it has its eyes closed :lol:. If it is be very very careful when dismounting while in combat. This is the only thing practically that will get ur beefalo killed. Orneries have the lowest resting obedience of all the tendencies so its possible that when u dismount u wont be able to remount because of low obedience. If ur in combat with deerclops and he AOEs the beefalo, the beefalo will start attacking deerclops and u wont be able to feed to raise obedience in order to mount it again. When ur not mounted the beefalo will take damage as a mob instead of as a player and will quickly die. In situations like this the only thing that can save the beefalo is panflute. 

Tldr: if u need to dismount in combat do it far away from danger. Always have max obedience before engaging a fight. 

1 hour ago, Ohan said:

Is it ornery? I cant tell because it has its eyes closed :lol:. If it is be very very careful when dismounting while in combat. This is the only thing practically that will get ur beefalo killed. Orneries have the lowest resting obedience of all the tendencies so its possible that when u dismount u wont be able to remount because of low obedience. If ur in combat with deerclops and he AOEs the beefalo, the beefalo will start attacking deerclops and u wont be able to feed to raise obedience in order to mount it again. When ur not mounted the beefalo will take damage as a mob instead of as a player and will quickly die. In situations like this the only thing that can save the beefalo is panflute. 

Tldr: if u need to dismount in combat do it far away from danger. Always have max obedience before engaging a fight. 

it is probably ornery, if you look at its mouth, it is frowning, which is something only ornery-s do

Archived