All Released Skins (as of now)

10 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

It's not like not having one of like, a dozen available backpack reskins is that big a deal.

Well it is for this pufferfish.

Pufferfish.

Because I like ocean stuff.

Like crabs.

x_x

Edited by Zeklo
I would wanna buy the plush because I would wanna buy the plush. Not because what I actually want is the skin.
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

It's not like not having one of like, a dozen available backpack reskins is that big a deal.

It's a big deal for me because I'm a skin completionist >_<

TBH idek if anybody's got as many unique skin items as I do currently... There might be a few people but idk... :p

Edited by Fidooop
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fidooop said:

TBH idek if anybody's got as many unique skin items as I do currently... There might be a few people but idk... :p

Take it from a former cosmetic item addict - that's not an attitude that will make you happy in the long run. Eventually your will and/or wallet will crumble, and you will fall to your knees holding your guts in your hands screaming at the sky... or at least it'll feel that way. :p

• Like 9

3 hours ago, alainmcd said:

The crabpack was mentioned in the code back when the first loyals were included.

Speaking of leaks, what about the shearling and toggle jackets, the tie collar top, and the rose collection?

Also a yatch suit dress and a flouncy dress.

• Like 2

A bunch of fake plushies started being circulated. People have been getting them as gifts or buying them from wherever and messaging us because they are made terribly. 

It feels real bad on our part when we went through so much effort to have high quality cool stuff and people think they are getting crappy merch. Like a lot of fake stuff out there, so much so that we have spent a significant amount of effort to put things in place to fight the problem. It really sucked to see people get fake stuff for christmas or their birthday =(

Anyway. For a while now the tags on merch were replaced with tags with holograms and all new items will come with a code as a proof of purchase. One thing a counterfeiter can't do is provide items in our game, we can. 

I understand the completionist idea, for sure. But, if we were to balance our items around that idea, it would be just way too limiting. You can still be a completionist if you like, but you have to accept that there will be some items you won't be able to get. There will definitely be items that are limited under certain conditions, like the tragic torch, beta firepit, pax items and proof of purchase items or even just stuff that is only available during special times, like... Halloween. I mean, just for example, of course. *ahem*

So yeah. Thanks for the feedback. 

For what it's worth, the reason SW doesn't have a loyal item is because we don't want to make people feel like we are trying to encourage people to buy single player content in order to get items (but with the current conversation, I am reconsidering, for sure). We certainly understand the concern. We have put a great deal of thought and effort into the situation. 

Please keep sharing your feedback, we appreciate it all, it really helps us with our approach on these kinds of decisions. 

Thanks

• Like 28

14 minutes ago, JoeW said:

You can still be a completionist if you like, but you have to accept that there will be some items you won't be able to get. 

14 minutes ago, JoeW said:

even just stuff that is only available during special times, like... Halloween. I mean, just for example, of course. *ahem*

• Like 6

4 hours ago, nome said:

Joe's confusing it with another new skin that we just added to the item server on Thursday but which isn't in the game yet. The two skins in question are special skins that do not drop however, they're only created through codes that we're handing out at our PAX booth (the observant might perhaps notice a PA theme?)

Whyyy do I have to be staying in a middle of nowhere when you hand out loyal skins??? I will solve any puzzle, promise :wilson_angelic:

• Like 5

Just now, Fidooop said:

You can still be a completionist if you like, but you have to accept that there will be some items you won't be able to get. 

I see now that all can do are hug my balloon animals but balloons can only solve so much!

• Like 5

Yeah @JoeW go for it. As long as we dont need to travel to south pole for one i think its ok. About that Shipwrecked Loyal item ... you are going to "force" people to buy plushies now so IMO SW Loyal is ok since [i think] lot of DST players already have SW anyway

3 hours ago, Fidooop said:

Edited by t0panka
  • Like 1

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE RELIEF!!!!!! The PAX specific items are actually being sold on the market WHEW *wipes sweat from brow*

You see, I'm COMPLETELY fine with items that are limited time AND cost money... as long as they keep a tradeable/marketable status... Otherwise I'm ruined O__O

me rn: 

• Like 3

Never been a fan of items that become unobtainable. It feels like a way to discourage newer players, to put it in forum-friendly terms. To see a really cool item like the Bottomless Pit or Tragic Torch, just to find out you can't ever get one because you weren't there at the one and only time they were given out. I understand it, but certainly don't really like it.

Just a personal anecdote, the reason I quit an adoptables website I used to love was because the "limited edition" ones just became too numerous. It started as fun little collectibles, but became so saturated by the LE's that it just stopped being as fun. Another website, however, solved that issue by making the event-only collectibles special on the one day they were given out, but future players could still get "second generation" duplicates in future years. They're still special and you can identify originals, but not unobtainable.

Not that Don't Starve fits that criteria, since the collectibles are a side to the game itself (as opposed to actually the game itself, like an adoptables website). But for people who like collecting, it still hurts.

In response to Fidooop's posts above: That's perfect. As long as items are obtainable somehow, even if that somehow is through the market, it helps relieve a bit of that. If only the other items could have that status...

• Like 2

• Developer
28 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

Let's see... a ticket to go to PAX as well as a plane ticket to get there... plus lodging... plus bus fare I guess... not to mention other stuff... I guess it's doable... ;v;

*stabs self with stale garlic bread*

I feel your pain, fellow big-eyed anime vegetable...

• Like 7