Fashion Googles seem unnecessary

On their own, Fashion Goggles only provide a small sanity boost and don't have other use outside of crafting the Dessert Goggles. I consider the need of Fashion Goggles to craft Dessert Goggles unnecessary and only complicates the acquiring of the latter.

There are things it can be done to make them better, maybe giving them new hats that require them or an upside to stand on their own. What are your suggestions?

I still wonder why Klei didn't make them a one recipe? I mean, you need 2 different blueprints for them and they both require 1 gold nugget and 2 pig butts, so why not delete the fashion goggles recipe and make desert goggles to craft using 2 skins and 1 nugget?

24 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

I still wonder why Klei didn't make them a one recipe? I mean, you need 2 different blueprints for them and they both require 1 gold nugget and 2 pig butts, so why not delete the fashion goggles recipe and make desert goggles to craft using 2 skins and 1 nugget?

To prolong fishing process at the oasis, thats it

Probably they were only added for style, but it would be interesting to see them used in other crafts in the future, a bit like the Straw Hat being the base of various other hats. Could be nice if the opportunity present itself to the devs.

I think it would be better if the fashion goggles did what the current desert goggles did, and the desert goggles included some insulation on top of that.  They could tweak the recipe so it makes more sense - but then there is a purpose for both versions.

I think its odd they ask you to wear both this item purely for vision AND some insulation / cold stone with it.  Might as well make this a mid-tier insulation with vision.  And the 20% wetness?  like why?  You're not wearing this outside of summer / oasis, that perk is completely wasted.

I craft fashion goggles only because they actually look cool, i don't even need this sanity, i just like to look epic.But yeah they definitely need more use or be removed at all, me and my teammates got almost insane when nearly end of summer after ~10 fashion goggles blueprints we finally got desert goggles blueprint

13 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

I craft fashion goggles only because they actually look cool, i don't even need this sanity, i just like to look epic.But yeah they definitely need more use or be removed at all, me and my teammates got almost insane when nearly end of summer after ~10 fashion goggles blueprints we finally got desert goggles blueprint

btw - the way it works is when you open a bundle from the oasis lake you have a large chance to get X.  If you do not know the fashion goggles recipe X is fashion goggles.  Once you learn fashion goggles X becomes desert goggles.  Once you know both X becomes the bucket trinket.

Besides this X chance that changes drops there is only a persistent 1% chance for each of these.

Make sure to learn the fashion recipe as soon as you get it, and have that person open all the bundles afterwords.

How about wavey-ator goggles made with fashion goggles? Since they look like aviator goggles :lol:

idk what the effect would be though.. expanded vision while on a boat..?

Archived