[Game Update] - 480595

I feel like this update is suitable for April 1 one. Not only new deconstructibles don't drop anything worthy (that can't be obtained much easier and faster) as trade off for keeping them whole, using green staff on them itself feels a waste alone. Spider hat and shadow thurible are especially bad , even worse than dropping them to the void or feeding to lureplant.

• Like 2

This month's qol feels really underwhelming. The pause feature along with the new chat mechanics are great, sure, but it feels too small, even though they're big enough things. Maybe bc they won't be useful to everyone, idk. The other balancing changes were needed ones, but the way klei went about those changes is just not right. The bee queen crown is imo the only one that was done right. The other deconstructed itens could've been done better, the cookbook changes make no sense, the pick/axe at this point needs a full reworked bc it's still quite useless. And the one thing we've all been waiting, being the ancient guardian rework, feels like it's just been noticed now. Idk, this month feels really underwhelming, I'd rather only have the pause and change features along with the Halloween event and give those other changes more time to cook and be brought back with another, and better, qol update in the future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PeiperPires said:

This month's qol feels really underwhelming...

IĀ feel like since we're getting something large next month that still needs time to be created, we're just getting this so october isn't *totally* desolate of updates. I do like the qol features added by this update, but i assume we'll have to wait for next month to get the Real Good Meaty Update

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TornadoCapped said:

IĀ feel like since we're getting something large next month that still needs time to be created, we're just getting this so october isn't *totally* desolate of updates. I do like the qol features added by this update, but i assume we'll have to wait for next month to get the Real Good Meaty Update

I doubt it.. they specifically planned to have something new in October- so itā€™s still probably going to come out in October.. it just wonā€™t come out anytime soon.

If I had to guess.. itā€™s got something to do with a spooky themed update. Possibly something to with that rumored terraria cross-over stuff.

The skin that was leaked from that wasnā€™t JUST a Terraria skin, it also perfectly fits a Halloween themed witches broom.

The resources you get from deconstructing are really bad imo, since both of them can be easily farmed via other means. Especially considering how much you have to do to obtain Fuelweaver's loot.

Edited by Spino43

Why would you troll us like this klei?Ā 

Whoever makes these recipes deserves a raise. Especially the cook book thing. What a genius idea to replace seeds with cooked Carrots, it all makes sence now!Ā 

• Haha 5
  • Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 1

Please change the cookbook recipe back to use papyrus, it doesn't make any sense right now.Ā 

Plus, I would always have craftedĀ oneĀ for the sanity from unlocking the recipe. Now it feels like you took away the only good use.

• Like 2

I think the reasoning behind the cookbook recipe is the way it is can be chalked up to the developers wanting it both available without a science machine andĀ made out of early game materials, hence theĀ foods you canĀ come across pretty easily.Ā 

I donā€™t really have a problem with it since mushroom gills look quite a lot like the pages of books. Perhaps the item icon could be changed to reflect its mushroomness a bit more to separate it from the other books?

also, just a small request; weā€™ve got jam jars and fistfuls of jam in game and i always thought itā€™d be cool if we could combine the two as a little form of food storage. maybe? maybe not. okay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Beta Hotfix

Changes:

• The Bone Armor, Bone Helm, Shadow Thurible, and Spiderhat can now be deconstructed.

First bee queen hat, second FW drops, seems next is deconstructing mobs and players?

Spoiler

(Just jokeĀ :anonymous:, more deconstruction is always welcomed, thank you for the amazing QoL tweaks!)

Ā 

Edited by HeatAndRun

17 hours ago, Monkey Cups said:

If a new player throws a bunch of random crap in a crock pot and comes out with a turkey dinner they're not going to instantly understand why

A cookbook won't tell them why it came out like that, it'll just show them the recipe they were looking at a second ago.Ā 

10 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

I think the reasoning behind the cookbook recipe is the way it is can be chalked up to the developers wanting it both available without a science machine andĀ made out of early game materials, hence theĀ foods you canĀ come across pretty easily.Ā 

Apparently it's so that the cooking tab shows up before they have a science machine to let people know the crock pot exists. I would have just moved the crock pot to the top of the tab.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Beta Hotfix

Changes:

• The Bone Armor, Bone Helm, Shadow Thurible, and Spiderhat can now be deconstructed.
  • Growth Formula Starter and Composting Bin now require an Alchemy Engine to prototype.
  • Tweaked the Cookbook crafting recipe to use items that can be placed in the Crockpot
  • Added profanity filtering for chat.
    • Filtering will also apply to naming Beefalo and writable Signs.
    • Filtering can be toggled in the options menu via ā€œSteam Chat Filteringā€.Ā 
    • Filtering can also be configured with various options in your Steam Community Content Preferences. (https://store.steampowered.com/account/preferences#CommunityContentPreferences)
    • Why is DSTā€™s own text getting filtered? This would be a bug, please report the issue in the bug tracker.
    • Why am I seeing some peopleā€™s chat messages filtered but not others? Steamā€™s default settings are to not filter messages from people on your Steam friends list.Ā 

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a save/load issue with the Fire Staff and Ice Staff projectiles.
  • Fixed the character stuttering while hopping on or off a boat while lag compensation is enabled.
  • Fixed a movement speed bug when amphibious creatures are in the water and fail to jump onto a boat.
  • Fixed a bug where Wandaā€™s aging sound effect kept playing repeatedly if you paused the game during it.
  • Fixed a bug that would immediately disconnect you from a server for idling upon joining a server.
    Ā 

Ā 

View full update

Ā 

does that means i can type with my native language? rather than question marks?

Can you also make Dead Mandrakes plantable? Like it needs a Lunar experiment to revive at dusk or night. And replantable mushrooms by using some spores and living logs? ( it's for decoration stuff )

And about mushrooms i was thinking to just plant them on ground and we can use jam for mushtree or something

Edited by AleksyPL
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

realy cookbook sould just have stayed how it is now 1 paper 1 carrot and the need of science macine i mean whats a cookbook good for if you cant even make a pot? and warly in the early days dont realy need it because you wont be realy able to make things were you would need to look at a book since berry jam and meat balls are easy to know and remember by so no book needed untill a base is made whit farms wich at taht point science has been invented so i still dont see the reason for this cookbook change like a new player would see the food tap before scince and that is propably a bad thing since a new tap dont just appear if you stand next to a machine its just there alsol meaning there is less interest for a new player to look into food tap if it dit not just newly came to that crafting tap list so please let the cookbook how it is now in the game

• Like 2

Why would you have bone shards in the deconstruction loot table for bone helmet and armor and not fossils? That just doesn't make sense. If you have planned some other way to making them renewable (might be wrong, but I really doubt that), why couldn't this just be another simple and fair avenue to get it?

What could have happened is in the case of accidentally having a bone armor or helmet deconstructed, you would think "oh that was a mistake, but at least I got more fossil fragments", but right now the materials you get from these very rare and really powerful items on deconstruction so worthless, if you do happen to deconstruct them by accident or someone else does it for you, now you'll feel like an idiot or be furious at the person who did it with no compromise.

How could you possibly think that was a good idea? Did the person who add the loot table put in the wrong item or just doesn't understand the game well enough themselves to make an informed decision?

7 minutes ago, ZombieDupe said:

Why would you have bone shards in the deconstruction loot table for bone helmet and armor and not fossils? That just doesn't make sense. If you have planned some other way to making them renewable (might be wrong, but I really doubt that), why couldn't this just be another simple and fair avenue to get it?

What could have happened is in the case of accidentally having a bone armor or helmet deconstructed, you would think "oh that was a mistake, but at least I got more fossil fragments", but right now the materials you get from these very rare and really powerful items on deconstruction so worthless, if you do happen to deconstruct them by accident or someone else does it for you, now you'll feel like an idiot or be furious at the person who did it with no compromise.

How could you possibly think that was a good idea? Did the person who add the loot table put in the wrong item or just doesn't understand the game well enough themselves to make an informed decision?

You sound kinda aggressive.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 10:03 AM, ScottHansen said:

The Bone Armor, Bone Helm, Shadow Thurible, and Spiderhat can now be deconstructed.

I hate to jump to conclusions or whatever, but this seems like nothing more than a way to grief late game worlds, and considering you don't even get Fossils, it's really nothing more than that.

Also yeah, the Cookbook would just do better with reeds and some mushrooms.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Well-met said:

I feel the problem here is less about the decon drops themselves but how expensive it is to deplete a green staff charge to get them

1 green staff can decon 5 loot items

Even for bone shards is worth, the problem is that we wanted fossils not bone shards that can be already farmed with merms or fishing

Also i dont get why they made spider hat able to be deconstructed and less with that poor loot

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1